Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Played a deeper role last night than he had during his strong spell as a forward out of possession and a roaming ACM in possession but I thought he did pretty well. 

First touch is a weakness, that doesn't mean fans think he's crap or anything but if he sharpens that up and his end product improves which it's starting to then we've a monster of a player, he's had a brilliant first season.

For his breakout season his done great, his workrate is first class.

I'd agree he needs to improve his first touch and his passing could also be improved.

But I see a player who has the desire and hunger to improve so I think he can only get better! 

• Like 4

I think he has a very good 1st touch.

That take for our 3rd goal was superb ,last night.

Against Leeds a month or so ago,he was receiving the ball in areas where it was quite congested, and bringing it away or passing it to a team mate.

A great 1st season and hope he can carry into next🤞

26 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

I think he has a very good 1st touch.

That take for our 3rd goal was superb ,last night.

Against Leeds a month or so ago,he was receiving the ball in areas where it was quite congested, and bringing it away or passing it to a team mate.

A great 1st season and hope he can carry into next🤞

His first touch is at times very good but there's a fair amount it's loose which can be improved upon. The way he plays and how good he looks on the eye almost makes us yearn for perfection with him if that makes sense?

We demand more goals and assists yet there are plenty of midfielders like him that don't score and assist but are heavily involved in the build up to chance creations but I think we are so desperate for KDH to be our talisman thst we are pushing for more and I'm confident he'll grow in to that responsibility.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

His first touch is at times very good but there's a fair amount it's loose which can be improved upon. The way he plays and how good he looks on the eye almost makes us yearn for perfection with him if that makes sense?

We demand more goals and assists yet there are plenty of midfielders like him that don't score and assist but are heavily involved in the build up to chance creations but I think we are so desperate for KDH to be our talisman thst we are pushing for more and I'm confident he'll grow in to that responsibility.

He's going to be top draw if he's lucky with injuries and keeps looking to improve all areas of his game.

Unfortunately this will alert the Peps(etc) of this world.

Love the bloke and hope he gets a better song😆

• Like 4

On 06/05/2022 at 16:41, He aint bald said:

I got a job stacking pallets and was pretty good at it for the first 2 weeks, so they gave me extra hours. Then the boss gave me more congested pallet aisles to restack and started micro managing my fork lift techniques. I got tired, lost confidence and broke my arm.

Thank you. That is a real cautionary tale.

Honestly if KDH had the technique that people wanted, he'd already be playing for one of the European giants. It's nice if he can continue to improve on that stuff, it's only his first season at this level. It's important not to lose sight of all the things he brings to the team and take them for granted, because no other player in our squad offers those qualities.

• Like 3

Discussed in other threads, but surely needs to be talked about here too! Players player of the season and young player of the season, achieved by someone who only made their first Premier League start in November. 

Phenomenal achievement and that his fellow players voted for him makes the "future captain" thoughts around him all the more likely. 

• Like 3

https://fbref.com/en/players/5c74c0f5/Kiernan-Dewsbury-Hall

There's still more to come from him which is exciting. Provided we have the right set up he's capable of getting 5-10 goals and assists a season in all competitions. Not many midfielders now have the level of industry, ball progression ability and carry a final third threat.

44 appearances already, you could easily see it being 10 times that number.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

https://fbref.com/en/players/5c74c0f5/Kiernan-Dewsbury-Hall

There's still more to come from him which is exciting. Provided we have the right set up he's capable of getting 5-10 goals and assists a season in all competitions. Not many midfielders now have the level of industry, ball progression ability and carry a final third threat.

44 appearances already, you could easily see it being 10 times that number.

Pass completion % is the stat he needs to work on. In his defence, he looks for riskier / progressive passes. But if he could increase that figure to 85%+ he would become an elite midfielder with the rest of his fundamental stats in his game. Goals and assists would be lovely, but Toni Kroos for Real Madrid this season only has 3 goals and 3 assists, yet has won La Liga and is playing in yet another Champions League final. As a midfielder it's not always about G+A, but your overall contribution to the game. For the most part KDH already is the heart of the team, but he could be even better at it!

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Pass completion % is the stat he needs to work on. In his defence, he looks for riskier / progressive passes. But if he could increase that figure to 85%+ he would become an elite midfielder with the rest of his fundamental stats in his game. Goals and assists would be lovely, but Toni Kroos for Real Madrid this season only has 3 goals and 3 assists, yet has won La Liga and is playing in yet another Champions League final. As a midfielder it's not always about G+A, but your overall contribution to the game. For the most part KDH already is the heart of the team, but he could be even better at it!

Players that play more progressive passes often have low-ish completion rates. I don't recall KDH giving it way often with simple passes either. Certainly something to improve on but it's not a huge issue imo.

As for the goals and assists, KDB is much more of box-to-box type than a deeper controller type like Kroos (although he was more B2B earlier on in his career) so I think he's capable of being a goal/assist threat

9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Players that play more progressive passes often have low-ish completion rates. I don't recall KDH giving it way often with simple passes either. Certainly something to improve on but it's not a huge issue imo.

As for the goals and assists, KDB is much more of box-to-box type than a deeper controller type like Kroos (although he was more B2B earlier on in his career) so I think he's capable of being a goal/assist threat

I hope he becomes Mr Leicester & becomes this eras legend.

Partnering a successfull trio of

Himself..Maddison...Barnes..

Yeah I think pass completion % is always a misleading stat. Players who actually are creative rarely have a particularly high one because making more risky forward passes inevitably leads to missing more.

Compare de Bruyne’s 82.6% pass completion with Nampalys Mendy’s 93.1% pass completion in the PL this season for example.

It’s easier to have a higher pass % if you only ever pass sideways and backwards.

• Like 2

I love the way he gets on the ball towards the final third in that left central area and takes the ball forward, often not in situations where the speed of play and the space allows him to drive it up pitch anyway. He takes it in crowded areas of play and seldom loses it which is a huge asset to have. Unlucky not to have a handful more assists this season from such play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Yeah I think pass completion % is always a misleading stat. Players who actually are creative rarely have a particularly high one because making more risky forward passes inevitably leads to missing more.

Compare de Bruyne’s 82.6% pass completion with Nampalys Mendy’s 93.1% pass completion in the PL this season for example.

It’s easier to have a higher pass % if you only ever pass sideways and backwards.

In this example KDB’s 82.6% completion rate is significantly higher than KDH’s. Which is kind of my point; if Kieran improved that aspect he’d be even better. I’ve seen him give it away quite a lot, though it’s often attempting the riskier pass. Get more of those to find their target and you’re talking about a potentially elite player. 

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

He ends us too wide sometimes though, recently he's been deeper and more central and both Barnes and KDH have benefitted from it. When he's too wide he gets in Barnes' way and it doesn't make use of his ability in the most dangerous areas.

It'd be interesting to see:

KDH     Maddison

Ndidi

It'd be much more dynamic than any midfield containing Tielemans.

Well that's when Barnes and/or Justin need to cut inside and occupy areas where rhe defence will be put in a situation on whether to track them and leave more space. Our collective movement has been the absolute pits this season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not long now before the media report that Chelsea, North London and the Manchester's are deciding if they are going to have him. 

I think Wilf is next inline. KDH after that and then JJ.  Little of Leicester will sell anyone for a knock down price …..according to the Sun, the Mirror and the Daily Fail.