Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

He really struggled to track back yesterday, he was bypassed pretty much every time. On the ball he was slow. He didn’t move into space with any real intent to show for others when a teammate had the ball. He occupies such a limited space for a central midfielder. Not switching with Tielemans or even coming central much. Just ploughs that inside left channel. Presumably that last bit is down to Rodgers, a manager so rigid in player’s roles and positions on the pitch. 

35 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

Has been shit, but right now he and most of the others have plenty of 'credit' in the bank. Let's see what they can do when we (finally) get rid of turkey teeth. 

He’s only had half a good season tbf. Not sure he has the same credit in the bank as the likes of Barnes or Ndidi. Plenty of average players are great for half a season, not saying he won’t come good, but I don’t think you can say he’s playing well below his proven and established like you can with others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I've always found him to be overrated to be brutally honest. 

He is overrated by our fans. I think we wouldn't look twice at him if he was at another side like Palace or Southampton.

But at the minute he looks worse, slow and constantly turning to use his left foot which slows everything down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

He is overrated by our fans. I think we wouldn't look twice at him if he was at another side like Palace or Southampton.

But at the minute he looks worse, slow and constantly turning to use his left foot which slows everything down.

Hes serviceable in this division and nothing more. 

For a lad from Shepshed to make it as a PL as a regular starter is incredible. 

But he is not a world class player by any stretch of the imagination. And you're right about him only using his left, that is very frustrating. 

• Like 1

On 18/09/2022 at 11:51, frany104 said:

Has always been over rated but Rodgers has completely killed him. Looks a shadow of last seasons player. 

People blame Brendan for players bad form - KDH, Ndidi, Justin etc.

i am sure a lot fans will be disappointed how all these players will perform after Brendan is sacked

Everything is not Brendan's fault 

Point is - KDH is bang average, just like Justin 

Edited by tsintskaro

2 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

A lot of people suddenly saying “knew he was overrated all along” 🤡 

He is a top player, who’s engine, battle, ball winning skills and ability to drive forward with the ball is invaluable to us. 

Sadly, he’s coached by a muppet, that sends a side out with no shape or cohesion. We have no balance in midfield and as a result none of them play well. 

Quite frankly we are a mess and to hammer a young local lad is the last thing our fans should be doing. If he was signed from the French league and was big and strong but completely useless you’d all be saying that he should start and that’s he’s underrated. 

Keep faith in the lad, he will come strong again under a proper manager with strong leadership skills.

He’s 24. Same age as Justin, Barnes and only a year younger than Maddison. 

31 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

People blame Brendan for players bad form - KDH, Ndidi, Justin etc.

i am sure a lot fans will be disappointed how all these players will perform after Brendan is sacked

Everything is not Brendan's fault 

Point is - KDH is bang average, just like Justin 

There is a common thread though that is it seems the longer a player is coached by Rodgers, the worse that player gets.

At the moment our whole team, bar Maddison, is performing way below bang average. My main gripe is why perform to orders that they as professionals know , are illogical and failing badly. What in the hell can Rodgers do to them if they tell him to stuff his orders where the sun don't shine. He is going anyway.

Let's add KDH to the list of players, including Tielemans, Ndidi, Justin, Castagne, Fofana, Soyuncu, Schmeichel, Vardy, Daka, Barnes, Thomas, Maddison at times, Evans, Ward, Praet, Soumare, Perez and Iheanacho, who have all supposedly regressed under Rodgers coaching. I wonder what the one thing that links them all? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Maddison says the players totally respect Rodgers

The conversations in the dressing room will not be so polite. I suspect Vardy has already told him what he thinks of his tactics. Our players should ignore his redundant game plan and play the way they want to. To his credit Guardiola has just said managers are overrated. He is one of the few that I do think can make a difference. The majority often ramble on cluelessly until they disappear up their own backsides and get sacked.