Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Been over played. Been critic of his lack of end product. Today he looked tired and drained 

I just think he’s feeling the pressure of trying to carry the team. It’s too much for a young player.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Phenom said:

The one carrying the team is Maddison. I’ve not given up on KDH but he shouldn’t be a nailed on starter. Neither him or Youri should. They should have to fight for their places like everyone else.

It’s a fair point about maddison, but who would you pick instead of KDH?

12 minutes ago, Phenom said:

The one carrying the team is Maddison. I’ve not given up on KDH but he shouldn’t be a nailed on starter. Neither him or Youri should. They should have to fight for their places like everyone else.

And its not like we haven’t got other options!

Maddison could play in KDH’s position and Praet/Soumare could compete for Youri’s place

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

You play Maddison through the middle, drop one of KDH/Tielemans, and play someone on the RW who will actually help out on the wing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beechey said:

You play Maddison through the middle, drop one of KDH/Tielemans, and play someone on the RW who will actually help out on the wing.

but that’s the problem. Our options are super limited at the moment. We don’t have a RW.

Just now, Beechey said:

I'd rather play Albrighton or a youngster there, at least it would give us balance again.

Albrighton is just too old to be a regular starter. And the depressing way we are playing and performing right now, even Rodgers seems to understand it  could be career-destroying to drop some youngsters into the side. We need a regular starting RW and until then, I don’t see a better option than what we are doing, if this is how Rodgers is going to play..

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

Albrighton is just too old to be a regular starter. And the depressing way we are playing and performing right now, even Rodgers seems to understand it  could be career-destroying to drop some youngsters into the side. We need a regular starting RW and until then, I don’t see a better option than what we are doing, if this is how Rodgers is going to play..

It's "career destroying" for this team full of internationals. But fine, play Perez with Castagne as the RW. He at least helps defensively. Drop KDH and have Maddison as a midfielder. Failing that, ditch the wingers, and play Maddison in behind two strikers.

Our system and shape is all wrong. The shape of the team is the bedrock for literally the entire gameplan. Maddison doesn't track back, and he doesn't really assist offensively as a winger normally would. It often leaves us needing Tielemans to drop to RB as Castagne stays high and wide - leaving us with an effective midfield of KDH and Soumare when we transition. It's absolutely shambolic. Scoring goals is not our problem, defending is. The fact is that we don't defend as a team, becasue the shape is horrendous.

image.png.6b1aed15c6737969d2767915abc098ca.png

image.png.d79c100aecab2f07eb26e779fad9c19c.png

image.png.b8f4f9c6baa3b73f39110fff4dbac791.png

Look at the state of the structure. The issue is the RW every single time.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

It's "career destroying" for this team full of internationals. But fine, play Perez with Castagne as the RW. He at least helps defensively. Drop KDH and have Maddison as a midfielder. Failing that, ditch the wingers, and play Maddison in behind two strikers.

Our system and shape is all wrong. The shape of the team is the bedrock for literally the entire gameplan. Maddison doesn't track back, and he doesn't really assist offensively as a winger normally would. It leaves us needing Tielemans to drop to RB as Castagne stays high and wide - leaving us with an effective midfield of KDH and Soumare when we transition. It's absolutely shambolic.

I’d sooner drop Tielemans. He’s clearly off at the end of the season and Tielemans and maddison in the middle wouldn’t be enough steel for me.. KDH Is a future captain  and can put a Tackle in. So it would make sense to drop the one who is off and isn’t playing any better than KDH.. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MPH said:

Praet, he is desperate for game time, desperate to be included in the Belgium world Cup squad and probably desperate to pee off Rodgers! He was one of the stand outs of pre season. Give him a go. It's ridiculous others get chance after chance and play poorly yet Praet, Kel, Mendy, Cags and Perez sit there game after game

Edited by Hales
  • Like 3