Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

On 08/10/2022 at 17:51, Phenom said:

The one carrying the team is Maddison. I’ve not given up on KDH but he shouldn’t be a nailed on starter. Neither him or Youri should. They should have to fight for their places like everyone else.

100%

Maddison is the only player that should be a default on the teamsheet right now. Everyone else should be selected on form or tactic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marbles said:

At times, I got the feeling that KDH didn’t want the ball played to him.  

It was the same last season though and those who ever pointed it out got slaughtered for it - he’s a willing worker but he’s largely poor on the ball.

Albrighton, Ndidi and Perez get mocked on here by many for being work horses and water carriers who aren’t great in possession, but KDH gets a free pass because he’s a local lad despite not being very good on the ball himself.

There’s definitely use in that kind of player so not knocking it, but people were making out he was going to go on and play for England and be our star player and captain for the next 10 years last season, which was always silly. 

i think this is a little harsh on the lad he looks promising and has a bit of fight in him hes certainly not one of the worst players we have, everyone has got to remember hes forced his way into the side and at the minute the defence cant be trust to pass a ball nevermind defending a ball our forward players always have there back to goal most of the time! Wait until Rodgers gets the boot and judge him afterwards! look at the players rodgers has destroyed at our club the list keeps growing week on week!

• Like 1

He’s a player that looks great in a side that is winning, but looks poor in a side that’s playing rubbish.

He needs to be playing a bit further back than he currently is. 

44 minutes ago, Claridge said:

He’s a lower premiership player, works hard, but lacks quality

Agree. And far to slow.

Everything just slows when the ball gets to him. As I said on the previous page, mainly because of him never wanting to use his right foot, he has to turn all the time which slows everything down.

Edited by Fox92

Our form and chances created from open play have been horrible ever since Rodgers changed formation and shoehorned him into Maddison’s advanced central position despite offering no goals or assists since the opening day. He’s persisting with KDH just because he offers a better press, even though it’s had a negative effect on results due to Maddison being shunted out wide leaving us wide open down the right whenever he drifts inside.

I like KDH but is he better than Dennis Praet? At the very least you’d expect more equal rotation playing time between the two. Praet is an experienced international and can play anywhere across the midfield. Seems strange that he continues to be massively underutilised when we are 19th.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

I like KDH but is he better than Dennis Praet? At the very least you’d expect more equal rotation playing time between the two. Praet is an experienced international and can play anywhere across the midfield. Seems strange that he continues to be massively underutilised when we are 19th.

Praet has almost certainly told Rodgers what he thinks of his tactics. He is almost certainly right but Rodgers only real power is team selection and Praet will stay benched unless there is no other option.

• Like 3

Bit unfair on KDH. I like him. He gets stuck in and is fairly robust. Issue isn’t him, it’s Rodgers piss poor coaching and tactics. Certain players he is hanging out to dry. A lad of KDH age needs support and guidance, at the minute the lads are being sent out like lambs to slaughter, and that’s not going to do anyone any good. 

Plus playing in a midfield with Soumare ambling around like a spare part can’t be helping. 

Edited by Pliskin

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Bit unfair on KDH. I like him. He gets stuck in and is fairly robust. Issue isn’t him, it’s Rodgers piss poor coaching and tactics. Certain players he is hanging out to dry. A lad of KDH age needs support and guidance, at the minute the lads are being sent out like lambs to slaughter, and that’s not going to do anyone any good. 

Plus playing in a midfield with Soumare ambling around like a spare part can’t be helping. 

He's 25 next year. He's not young.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

No i wouldnt say he is better at all and Praet has more experience.  There is definately a personal element to Brendan not picking him especially after his comments pre-season and how well he had done.  Timmy also benched for a while.  I suspect both questioned his decisions and tactics and this is the power play over them.  I had heard also that when Praet was injured he wanted to spend some recovery time back in Belgium with his family and as others have done but Brendan said no and he went anyway and Brendan's reaction was to then say he wasnt playing. True or not i dont know but there is a real issue there. Not just him though - Cags, Mendy, Perez and Kel to a certain extent.  For someone touted as a brilliant man manager this behaviour concerns me.  Freezing out players is not something the team can afford to do with a smaller squad.

I really like KDH but he needs rotating as do others or he will get injured.

Edited by Hales