Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

18 minutes ago, adam said:

He's a player who has lost all of his confidence playing under this toss pot of a manager.  Agree he shouldn't be starting every week though especially when Praet on the bench. 

Your post is the most reasonable of a litany of those who were probably saying last season that KDH was the best thing since Walkers crisps. 

Rodgers has sapped the vitality from most of the team with his 'snatch defeat from the jaws of victory' mismanagement.  

Confidence is a major part of performance - that's why sports psychology became an integral part of sport decades ago.  Rodgers wouldn't want anyone interfering with his regime, so I suspect he's put the cause of the loss of our winning mentality anywhere else but on his causing.

It seems idiotic to me that fans can single out individual players as responsible for a team failing, but what do I know. People have to have their scapegoats.

• Like 2

On 08/10/2022 at 17:49, MPH said:

I just think he’s feeling the pressure of trying to carry the team. It’s too much for a young player.

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Bit unfair on KDH. I like him. He gets stuck in and is fairly robust. Issue isn’t him, it’s Rodgers piss poor coaching and tactics. Certain players he is hanging out to dry. A lad of KDH age needs support and guidance, at the minute the lads are being sent out like lambs to slaughter, and that’s not going to do anyone any good. 

Plus playing in a midfield with Soumare ambling around like a spare part can’t be helping. 

55 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He is relatively inexperienced though because we first sent him out on loan at 21. He's started only 91 senior games.

Perhaps he's only started 91 senior games because he isn't actually that good? That's a very low number for someone of his age.

• Like 1

Judge differently because his local and came thought the ranks.

Can't fault his work rate, but his struggle on the ball this season, often takes to long or picks the wrong pass.

Lost the ball on the for the first goal at Bournemouth doing a silly roulette on the halfway line, the likes of YT, Soumare would have been slaughtered for that.

• Like 3

KDH has great energy and commitment but he lacks quality on the ball. Given that, I've always found it odd that Rodgers has changed our entire shape as a team, resulting in a clear imbalance in structure, just to accommodate him. We need to get back to 4231 with a wide right player like Albrighton or Perez. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, adam said:

He's a player who has lost all of his confidence playing under this toss pot of a manager.  Agree he shouldn't be starting every week though especially when praet on the bench. 

This is my assessment of him " as it stands ". It's not out of the realms of possibility that he isn't the swashbuckling talismanic player and future captain we thought he was going to be but there's the ingredients there for him to be.

What I'm not sure on, is it players like him who do lack genuine quality that have accelerated this decline or is the decline even now getting to the youthful exuberance who were the only remaining breath of fresh air.

I suspect its somewhere in between, he's definitely better than current showing and he plays the game the right way.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

This is my assessment of him " as it stands ". It's not out of the realms of possibility that he isn't the swashbuckling talismanic player and future captain we thought he was going to be but there's the ingredients there for him to be.

What I'm not sure on, is it players like him who do lack genuine quality that have accelerated this decline or is the decline even now getting to the youthful exuberance who were the only remaining breath of fresh air.

I suspect its somewhere in between, he's definitely better than current showing and he plays the game the right way.

he's become vital to the team though as he's the only one with a left foot and the only one that even tries to support Barnes down the left, a big reason why I want Thomas to play is to provide natural width there as well as the triangles KDH, Barnes and Thomas were playing in attack, they seemed telepathic at times.

But that would require the twat in charge to stop telling our left back to play as a CM in possession

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he's become vital to the team though as he's the only one with a left foot and the only one that even tries to support Barnes down the left, a big reason why I want Thomas to play is to provide natural width there as well as the triangles KDH, Barnes and Thomas were playing in attack, they seemed telepathic at times.

But that would require the twat in charge to stop telling our left back to play as a CM in possession

Yeah I agree, he's very important to us. When you see the drop in performance of Ndidi and Tielemans, although it's not positive, it at least suggests if players as proven and as good as they, can be this bad for over a season under Brendan then it's probably not ability driven.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You're the one on the spice if you rate him as our future captain and stalwart. He's overrated as all ****. If Brendan wants to turn this around one of the first moves is to drop KDH in favour of Praet. 

Where did I say future captain and stalwart?

He’s quite raw still but his carrying, movement and work rate are fantastic. Playing under a dysfunctional Rodgers’ side isn’t making anybody look good  - KDH for Praet is shuffling deckchairs around on the titanic.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2022 at 16:50, Realist Guy In The Room said:

The fact he’s completely incapable of using his right foot is a real disadvantage.  Slows down so many attacks.

...he went on loan and re-invented himself!!!

He came back a totally different player, good around the#10 spot and can finish as well.

He is a bit of a schemer, as opposed to be the energetic enforcer we see right now. I would expect he us confused as to who or what he is and the player he portrays may not be what he wants to be, but it serves a purpose.

He has played wide right in the old U23s and was not a conventional winger, but could play people in from a distance due to his accurate left foot.

He stated that there was a lot more to come from him this season, perhaps he is asking too much of himself or he is not  playing the way he wants to be.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

If we're really a side we think we should be, one in the top half of the league, KDH is a bench player at best.

I love KDH, I think he's a great player and probably would have been part of the squad if he existed back in 2016. However I do find it odd that a player like Albrighton, Premier League Winner, Champions League quater-finalist, and club vice-captain, can't get a look in and is widely dirided on the forum when KDH is basically a younger version of him that plays in the middle rather than the wing, and happens to come from Shepshed.

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You're the one on the spice if you rate him as our future captain and stalwart. He's overrated as all ****. If Brendan wants to turn this around one of the first moves is to drop KDH in favour of Praet. 

KDH has been far more consistent for us than dennis praet

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jim5000 said:

I love KDH, I think he's a great player and probably would have been part of the squad if he existed back in 2016. However I do find it odd that a player like Albrighton, Premier League Winner, Champions League quater-finalist, and club vice-captain, can't get a look in and is widely dirided on the forum when KDH is basically a younger version of him that plays in the middle rather than the wing, and happens to come from Shepshed.

Albrighton can't get a look in because he can t maintain the levels he used to over 90 minutes. Rodgers loved him but has had to start shifting him further back from the wing and eventually phased him out altogether. I think he still brings us a good option from the bench but I don't think he can start anymore.

KDH is possibly one of the better example of how the current situation is potentially impacting the players. 

Was excellent last season and I felt in pre-season had taken another step up and looked to have kicked on again. 

Then consider what is going on at the club, the Manager who gave you your big break into the first team, a man you look up to and respect suddenly goes into full on kamikaze sabotage mode, week in week out making bizarre tactical decisions and substitutions, then using his media interviews to diss the club you support, the club you have been at since 8 years old and class as your family, I reckon the current circumstances are going to affect KDH more than most due to his emotional attachment to both the club and the manager. 

The Forest performance showed me everything I needed to see about KDH and the squad that the hunger, drive and quality that is still in this club, and what we will be once the manager leaves. He is draining the life out of the club and KDH is possibly one of the key pieces of evidence to support that. 

• Like 3