Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

7 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Rodgers playing him just behind the striker in an advanced attacking role boggles the mind.

Indeed, especially when we have one of the best #10s in the league being played out wide to accommodate KDH in this role. Beyond deliberate sabotage by Rodgers, the only other potential rationale that I can think of is that KDH presses really hard in that advanced position so we sometimes force turnovers from the opposition in the final third by deploying him there,  as we did several times against Palace.

its not a case of KDH or Praet it should be both, both playing as 8s in a 433, that would give us balance in CM and put KDH back where he was effective.

Problems is playing like shit for 18 months and being desperate to leave apparently makes undroppable and captain material so only one plays

9 hours ago, Jimmy said:

its not a case of KDH or Praet it should be both, both playing as 8s in a 433, that would give us balance in CM and put KDH back where he was effective.

Problems is playing like shit for 18 months and being desperate to leave apparently makes undroppable and captain material so only one plays

....Rodgers has his favourites,  we know that too well!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Indeed, especially when we have one of the best #10s in the league being played out wide to accommodate KDH in this role. Beyond deliberate sabotage by Rodgers, the only other potential rationale that I can think of is that KDH presses really hard in that advanced position so we sometimes force turnovers from the opposition in the final third by deploying him there,  as we did several times against Palace.

Think you already explained it. It's all to do with the press. He covers a much more advanced space out of possession acting as the second striker on the left if you will. Youri deeper than you would expect in both possession and out of possession. You can see from the average positions (Sofascore is good for this,) KDH takes up that central left space so Barnes can widen the pitch. Barnes is so isolated out there, while JJ tucks in inverted. That whole left side feels weak to me, considering the mostly central Maddison and attacking Castagne leaves us really exposed.

I always liked our 4141 / 433 days where Maddison played CM with Youri as 8s. Obviously Ndidi would be the holder, but I would like to see this with Soumare though I know... It's not his preferred place. KDH left CM pressing as he does and Maddison right in a more free attacking role. Barnes same old, whoever wants to play RW can...

6 hours ago, RedSoxUK said:

Think you already explained it. It's all to do with the press. He covers a much more advanced space out of possession acting as the second striker on the left if you will. Youri deeper than you would expect in both possession and out of possession. You can see from the average positions (Sofascore is good for this,) KDH takes up that central left space so Barnes can widen the pitch. Barnes is so isolated out there, while JJ tucks in inverted. That whole left side feels weak to me, considering the mostly central Maddison and attacking Castagne leaves us really exposed.

I always liked our 4141 / 433 days where Maddison played CM with Youri as 8s. Obviously Ndidi would be the holder, but I would like to see this with Soumare though I know... It's not his preferred place. KDH left CM pressing as he does and Maddison right in a more free attacking role. Barnes same old, whoever wants to play RW can...

Leaving Tielemans out altogether would help greatly. Against Palace, he needlessly gave possession away 5 times in succession and was totally lack lustre. He did make two really good passes but it was sparse compensation for his overall play. Vastly overrated here, I think we'll be better off without him as he's keeping someone out of a better system/team. I don't see a big team going anywhere near him at the moment. A Champions League legend in his own head.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Gave everything 

Away? Passing and touch abysmal. I know he runs lots but lacks so much quality.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I agree 2nd half, and for a fair bit of this season he's been very iffy. 1st half tonight he was excellent.

Reminds me more and more of Chilwell in his brainless running with the ball, really hope he can improve that part of his game as he has so much other qualities that make him an important player for us.

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

What has happened to him? Going backwards at a rate of knots. 

Thought he was great tonight. Best game in a while. The last 15 mins he looked exhausted but apart from that I thought he played really well. Strange how 2 people can see a game so differently but that's football I guess. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hales said:

Looks shattered, rest him next game and play Praet - he deserves another start

Swap him out for Maddison centrally possibly and keep Praet on the right. I thought Perez was slightly disappointing when he came on. He looked a bit lacklustre but can sometimes come on like that and really open things up for us. We did miss Maddison’s craft and ability a bit in the final third but overall I thought that was a good team performance and we looked well balanced. Wout was excellent. A very good buy. 

• Like 2

Just now, desertfox2 said:

Thought he was great tonight. Best game in a while. The last 15 mins he looked exhausted but apart from that I thought he played really well. Strange how 2 people can see a game so differently but that's football I guess. 

Fair comment. I thought he was poor all game. No composure on the ball, poor first touch imo, and faded badly. I like the guy, so want him to get back the drive and coolness he showed last season. 

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Nah I think he had some good moments. I hear you, but if anything I think he’s trying a bit too hard and trying to shoulder responsibility. Just needs to calm down a bit. 

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Fair comment. I thought he was poor all game. No composure on the ball, poor first touch imo, and faded badly. I like the guy, so want him to get back the drive and coolness he showed last season. 

No composure? Apart from the pass to play Praet in for the first and the pass to Barnes for the second

• Like 1