Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Fair comment. I thought he was poor all game. No composure on the ball, poor first touch imo, and faded badly. I like the guy, so want him to get back the drive and coolness he showed last season. 

Fair enough. I've thought he needed resting for a while but he was involved in both goals and put in a shift tonight. The last 15/20mins he was out on his feet so gave the ball away then but that's understandable so I can see why you say he faded badly as he was noticeably exhausted. He does need a rest at some point. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was alright today. Needs a lot more composure when picking a pass though.

I guess that only comes with playing time in this league.

Barnes blows hot and cold, his class has shown recently though, but as an attacking player, you're afforded that luxury.

When you're in the engine room, like KDH, you can't afford slack performances. 

• Like 1

The delightful pass to Barnes which led to our first goal made up for his wasted chances in the half.

He gets in so many good positions because of his turn of pace and control of the ball, he seems to think too much when he gets in the final third and fluffs his lines.

Edited by jmono84
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I've been one of his critics recently but I thought he was sensational tonight. That pass that led to the first Goal was up there with the 

Hoddles and Beckams passing range. It was perfect in every way.

But it wasn't just the pass, his work rate the ground he covered his vision and positioning were all so much better.

Keep it up now because that's the standard required at this level to stand out.

....I do not think Rodgers would endorse your comments!!!

Constantly turning his back to the pitch when KDH either lost the ball or made the wrong choice of pass.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I was really impressed with him today, his running and workrate is insane. That ball over the top that lead to the Tielemans goal was class.

When KDH plays well, Leicester play well.

I like him, but his touch isn't top drawer and speed of thought is just a fraction off....for those reasons, he's a kinda James mcarthur type level. No shame in that. But not ultimately where we aim to be.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I like him, but his touch isn't top drawer and speed of thought is just a fraction off....for those reasons, he's a kinda James mcarthur type level. No shame in that. But not ultimately where we aim to be.

He’s fine if we have Maddison and Youri, not sure he is good enough as one of the main players when they go

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Similar thoughts from most on here. Comparing him to McArthur is below the belt tough, he's a lot better than that!

For me he's already a good player. If he went up another 10-15% he'd genuinely be one of the best players in the division. He's got the workrate, he's got the attitude, I even think he's got the brains and awareness too. But I think it is fair to say he loses the ball a bit too easily. But he's still a revelation for me! If he plays every game like he did tonight, he'd be a very good player.

The way he goes box-to-box but can play good long passes reminds me of peak Danny Drinkwater. The difference is that KDH dribbles with the ball a lot more, whereas Drinkwater preferred to play it long.

Mcarhtur was decent. It wasn't a pop. 

I can actually see KDH peaking in his early 30s once he's added know how and extra swagger to his game 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

His lack of a right foot will always wind me up.

Thought he was much better tonight though, that raking diagonal for Barnes to latch onto for Youri’s goal though 🔥🔥 

....he has always been good with his left foot and playing long passes, he could even play on the right and put in quality balls in the box or play someone in, not seeing enough of his creative side, but he made his breakthrough player the way he does now, it is for him to decide how he wants to play the game.

I think his idea is to link that creative side to his all-action game, and that was what he meant when he said, we have not seen the best of him yet. If he can align the two then we will have a player on our hands, and he will feel good about himself. You get the impression that he goes home and scrutinizes the whole game and is harder on himself than anyone else could be.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he has always been good with his left foot and playing long passes, he could even play on the right and put in quality balls in the box or play someone in, not seeing enough of his creative side, but he made his breakthrough player the way he does now, it is for him to decide how he wants to play the game.

I think his idea is to link that creative side to his all-action game, and that was what he meant when he said, we have not seen the best of him yet. If he can align the two then we will have a player on our hands, and he will feel good about himself. You get the impression that he goes home and scrutinizes the whole game and is harder on himself than anyone else could be.

yea I think it will come overtime as he matures lets not forget he is relatively new to the league and is still progressing, he is more Jordan Henderson than James Mcarthur though esp if he can get that ball right in the final third.

Edited by whoareyaaa

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I do not think Rodgers would endorse your comments!!!

Constantly turning his back to the pitch when KDH either lost the ball or made the wrong choice of pass.

And that's the reason we're so low in the league.

You can only ask any player for their best. And today he gave it everything. He's never going to have Maddison skill or Youri's striking ability.

He just needs to relax in possession and lift his head more to see what's on like he done for the pass out to Barnes which lead to the Goal,

His performance proved that he is listening and learning which means he should get better.