Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Never seen a player our fans try to downplay so much, he’s not perfect but his positive output far outweighs his weaknesses. 

If he’d had loans at 18, 19 and 20 he’d be more polished than he is now, despite his age he’s an inexperienced player and he’s took every level he’s played at in his stride so far.

Not playing a professional game until he was 21 is a complete farce by the club really.

Wouldn’t have blamed him for leaving

Edited by MattFox
  • Like 1

Going to be his work rate rather than technical ability that gives him a long career in the prem. Loses the ball too much and his one footedness is inexcusable, never seen a player avoid their weaker foot so much. Well worth a place in the squad, just wish he wasn’t a guaranteed starter.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I consider those who downplay his importance to City have a inbuilt prejudice resulting from 'stars-in-their-eyes' syndrome. He's not an expensive import from France/Belgium, with 'potential' - he just works hard, puts himself about a phenomenal amount and is more perceptive than his critics give him credit for. Perhaps he loses the ball more than others because he's in possession more than the others (Maddison apart - you'd need a crowbar to get the ball off him).

I don’t know anyone who scoffs at him because he’s a local boy— you’d have to be crazy not to want him to succeed. 

Any CM in this league needs to be able to use both feet— this is a glaring weakness of his game and I think it’s the main thing holding him back. If he can fix that, then he’ll be twice as good as he is right now. 

And the stats just do not show that he’s in possession more than Tielemans. 

He is beginning to grow in that advanced role, he is finding space and pulling defenders out of position. I still think he is better a bit deeper because of his tenacity but more performance like that and I’ll be swayed.

Must have made at least 5 key passes and he worried them most of the night.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Just needs to improve his final ball but his work rate helps balance the midfield and he never stops running so can't fault him.

His engine in midfield should never be underestimated. 

Good to have the blend of his engine, Maddison and Youri's creativity in midfield. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Apollo said:

Going to be his work rate rather than technical ability that gives him a long career in the prem. Loses the ball too much and his one footedness is inexcusable, never seen a player avoid their weaker foot so much. Well worth a place in the squad, just wish he wasn’t a guaranteed starter.

That's what I said post match and got laughed at. He's an OK player who works hard but he loses the ball way too much and his first touch isn't great. Good squad player to have but shouldn't be starting regularly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

That's what I said post match and got laughed at. He's an OK player who works hard but he loses the ball way too much and his first touch isn't great. Good squad player to have but shouldn't be starting regularly.

Last year he was outstanding. Struggled a lot more this year as he's been a lot more sloppy with the ball and his touch but he hasn't suddenly become an average player. He started off a bit like this last season too. As has been pointed out, he's still had very little Premier League experience (and not all that much football in general) so he's going to be developing for quite a few seasons.

He's definitely not undroppable but equally, he's integral for us at the moment because of his pace and physicality in midfield, especially with no Wilf/him in poor form.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

He did in fact make 5 key passes

Created the most chances of anyone on the pitch last night and that also doesn’t include that incredible pass to Barnes that led to Youri’s goal

I thought he had a great game yesterday. He seemed out of sorts against Man City (hence the substitution), but he is the kind of player that reacts well to that, and doesn't sulk. I remember an interview last season, where he said, "I just have to make the manager think twice about dropping me" or words to that effect, and he obviously reapplies himself when he comes up short. Love the kid. 

10 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Bit like Barnes sometimes try’s to do it all himself when a simply pass would have been the answer.

He is getting better. Last season, he seemed to have an aversion to passing the ball, and always took one touch too much. This season, he has put in some lovely passes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

The fact he's left footed makes him extra important to us. Provides a bit of balance. 

Which I totally get but name another CM in our PL history who has been so one footed?

Wingers definitely but CM’s, I can’t think of one as much as KDH…which is why he often turns into trouble and gives the ball away.

I like KDH but his lack of right foot is very frustrating for me.

Quality player but we really do rely on him for so much, puts a huge amount of work in, when he was taken off knackered against Brentford is when it all went wrong being two nil up, alongside  making him  the only sub on that baking hot day.

21 hours ago, Apollo said:

people seem to have forgotten that it was an absolute beauty of a pass by KDH  passing the ball out to Barnes  on the left that made the  Tielemans  goal possible. If that’s  how well he can pass when he’s supposedly out of form it will be incredible how well he can play when in form..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2