Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Players aren’t machines 

they go through periods of poor form from time to time. If we have depth in areas then we can hopefully rotate players out whilst they go through these periods. I’ve never felt rodgers was prepared to do this in the past and generally picked his favoured ones until injury intervened 

the issue with KDH is that even when he’s a bit off it, his physicality in the press is needed. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, gerblod said:

I'm not sure what his origin in Leicestershire has to do with my post.

Also, I'm not sure whether stats disproves anything I stated about what he contributes to the team.

My point is that he brings energy, determination and not insubstantial technical ability to the team.

Whilst you maintain that his supposed right foot weakness limits his contribution to the team, isn't it the greater advantage to have a left-footed player on the left? Again people are looking for a spurious reason to cast doubt on what he does for the team.

One can have a negative view of players or allow them the inevitable errors they make. I suspect that for you he's only ever going to be good enough if he can emulate Liam Brady.

I really don't understand this last 2 weeks posts over KDH...

We can't look at some geni, from the outside..

In reality we have produced and worked with KDH...He's doing excellent,like any other player he dips then has highs

I totally disagree with anybody knocking him. He takes on the high press, the basic dog work mantel we have missed for seasons plus his awareness of space & movement is tops.

None in our squad is Mr perfect Over analysing is what within the FT forum is what leads to frustration.

He's not been exceptionally poor,more

average and above.Has a decent skill set & is a pleasure to watch.We have a player who either disrupts or can win the ball back.

Compare with Praet..I don't..!!

Both are assets,and posters who say Praet can't do this or that.WTF both in their own way can !!!

THey could play together or  in each others shadow...

I am happy to have both,I see both as strong parts of our squad. 

Subs today, are part of the first choice team,both can play but also used for sub + rotation, or first choice..

We have two top players,and this hulabaloo over small errors & chasing down the negatives...

FFS turn it around chase the positives,and allow for  the human mistakes..

life then becomes more bearable and one doesn't  end up becoming a whining-fart.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I really don't understand this last 2 weeks posts over KDH...

We can't look at some geni, from the outside..

In reality we have produced and worked with KDH...He's doing excellent,like any other player he dips the has highs

I totally disagree with anybody knocking him. He takes on the high press, the basic dog work mantel we have missed for seasons plus his awareness of space & movement by is tops.None in our squad is Mr perfect Over analysing is what within the FT forum is what leads to frustration.

He's not been exceptionally poor,more

average and above.Has a decent skill set & is a pleasure to watch.We have a player who either disrupts or can win the ball back.

Compare with Praet..I don't..

Both are assets,and posters who say Praet can't do this or that.WTF both in their own way can !!!

THey could play together or  in each others shadow...

I am happy to have both,I see both as strong parts of our squad. 

Subs today, are part of the first choice team,both can play but also used for sub + rotation, or first choice..

We have two top players,and this hulabaloo over small errors & chasing down the negatives...

FFS turn it around chase the positives,and allow for  the human mistakes..

life then becomes more bearable and one doesn't  end up becoming a whining-fart.

:appl:I err towards the critical, but I hope all the players achieve a consistent high level of performance. I've knocked Perez, Soumare and Tielemans in the past, but it's a joy for me when their input is good.

A player doesn't select himself or choose his position - that's the manager's ultimate decision. So, to criticise an individual because he's not doing what's expected is partly unfair - after all the manager has put him on the pitch.

It's weird that one poster on here can see an entirely different performance from a player in the same game to another's pov, but that's human subjectivity.

Howyever, scratting around for reasons to knock KDH is really scraping the barrel imo. The pass that set up Barnes on Saturday was a thing of beauty - long, high, and curled into his path. What more could people ask for? He's a top-class player.

• Like 1

Gets a lot of weird stick on here because of the fact he's (admittedly) one footed but there's a genuine open door to the England side if he keeps starting games for us. Having a good left peg for balance is a selling point and the recent call ups have shown there's a bit of a dearth in CM at the moment. He's certainly not a bracket below Connor Gallagher.

• 1 month later...

With the highly probable departure of Tielemans and Maddison , he becomes our kingpin. We have to accept that replacing those two is going to be difficult and expensive. That question is for the summer though and until then all three will need to be at or near their best.

40 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

With the highly probable departure of Tielemans and Maddison , he becomes our kingpin. We have to accept that replacing those two is going to be difficult and expensive. That question is for the summer though and until then all three will need to be at or near their best.

Its absurd to reference KDH as our future kingpin. He doesn't posses the attributes whatsoever. Re tielemans I beleive he'll be off in the summer but maddison potentially might sign a new contract imo.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Its absurd to reference KDH as our future kingpin. He doesn't posses the attributes whatsoever. Re tielemans I beleive he'll be off in the summer but maddison potentially might sign a new contract imo.

Maddison will possibly sign , but he is 26 now and money is critical. We have to be talking about £10 million a year to keep him but even that is still less than Grealish.

30 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Maddison will possibly sign , but he is 26 now and money is critical. We have to be talking about £10 million a year to keep him but even that is still less than Grealish.

That figure would probably be about right including any bonuses. The good thing about maddison is that he can play the role that Grealish played for villa but better imo.

On 13/11/2022 at 15:30, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Gets a lot of weird stick on here because of the fact he's (admittedly) one footed but there's a genuine open door to the England side if he keeps starting games for us. Having a good left peg for balance is a selling point and the recent call ups have shown there's a bit of a dearth in CM at the moment. He's certainly not a bracket below Connor Gallagher.

Gallagher is much better. KDH is workhorse like, think he's brilliant and does a job for us. He will need to improve his first touch and his right foot before he's talked about internationally or anything above a mid table side. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Gallagher is much better. KDH is workhorse like, think he's brilliant and does a job for us. He will need to improve his first touch and his right foot before he's talked about internationally or anything above a mid table side. 

You know people said that about Henderson, and he has been crucial for Liverpool. He is not a top class footballer but his strength and leadership qualities are  indeed top class. KDH will refine his game no doubt and I see him being a vital player for us for years.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree. The criticism of KDH is he loses the ball at times and we demand more goals and assists but there are plenty of elite midfielders that are guilty of both and yet are lauded upon.

Absolutely, but if you run around more and try to do more than certain other midfielders, the chances are you'll make more mistakes.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Col city fan

I think he’s one of our best players personally. He’d look much better in a better team. 
At least he’s busy and tries to create something. Much better player than Soumare 

Edited by Col city fan

He was good last night, but he's another who just let's himself at times with his decision making. Even his finish last night was a pretty poor strike of the ball but was enough to get past Alisson.

Too many times he twists and turns into dead ends before deciding what to do. That said I do feel I'm being a little harsh on him because he brings a lot of good stuff as well.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

He was good last night, but he's another who just let's himself at times with his decision making. Even his finish last night was a pretty poor strike of the ball but was enough to get past Alisson.

Too many times he twists and turns into dead ends before deciding what to do. That said I do feel I'm being a little harsh on him because he brings a lot of good stuff as well. 

I do get what you’re saying and it’s especially when he gets the ball out wide and I think he knows he’s fvcked soo tries playing for a cheap free kick which he never seems to get😂

He needs to improve this but last night he was really good centrally. He finished off a great chance after he managed to accelerate away from their defence and there were a couple of really good forwards passes made in behind the Liverpool back line.