Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

17 hours ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

Unpopular opinion: we missed him more than Madders when they were both injured. 

agree could see us winning without madders, when we were without KDH it was the most depressed ive been watching a city side since puel

no press whatsoever

Think he was played on the right to get on the ball and make the exact type of switch to Barnes like the one that led to the second goal. 

I really like KDH but his single-footedness is a glaring issue in his game. Despite this, he worked hard as always and played a big part in 2 goals.

Will be interesting to see if Brendan drops him or Youri if he decides to go with a DM against Spurs.

He's our Henderson. It's glaringly obvious when he is missing, I really hope we sign a similar player in the summer so we can rest him at times. I think we could play similarly to liverpool next year, Ndidi in the fabinho role, KDH and a new signing doing the Henderson/Wijnaldum roles, and Iheanacho with two wide forwards alongside him. 

Tielemans hits the odd worldy, but I think you'll see us be a much better side if we had two KDH's in the engine room.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Worried me on a few occasions today. Mendy and Castagne had come over to cover his man a few times, which left us hugely exposed when their tackle was missed. Definitely needs to work on his defensive positioning when he doesn't have Youri next to him 

Lol you think Youri helps him defensively?

• Like 1

First 15 minutes in particular he was absolutely shocking!!!

He needs to sort his ball control skills quick time because it's obvious that his brain can't compute what he wants to do with his boot and the trajectory to that target. 

I'm beginning to get concerned and I feel in the summer we should be looking for a more polished box to box player with him as a back up player.

• Like 1

His energy, and his hustling is vital for us, but finding himself more on the right side of the pitch instead of the left, which he was mainly, in the first half, i think he struggled a bit.  Maybe because he only uses his right foot to stand on. A couple of his passes to Tete in the first half were appaling.  That said, he is an integeral part of the impovement, and we miss him and his energy when he doesnt play. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great work ethic and always give his all, we'd be better if we had more with his attitude.

However, his passing at times is woeful (not the only one) and his decision-making in the final 3rd is poor, always seems to have 1 too many touches. 

Hoping it's just a blip, but I think he'd get more stick if he wasn't an academy graduate.

He’s loved by Rodgers but it could’ve easily been him hooked off early rather than Praet last night. His effort is fabulous but that should really be a prerequisite for any professional footballer. He gives the simple ball away way too much. You wouldn’t mind if it was a Tielemans style incisive pass that gets cut out, too often it’s basic ones. He’s likely to have more responsibility deeper and across more of the pitch (rather than just  his usual narrow inner left furrow) with Tielemans out, it’s whether he can step up. Definitely no point putting Soumare or Ndidi next to him. Has to be Mendy as he’s our best passer available and our most mobile deeper midfielder. 

2 minutes ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

he's very close to be a top midfielder, lacks composure in final third but his dribbling and work effort is up there with the top players

Trouble is the composure in the final third is Sunday league level. Miles away from being a top midfielder because of this. Try’s hard though

• Like 2