Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

Whatever happens with Tielemans, he's going to be late for the season start and shattered with no pre season games. 

Add into the equation that if he does go, and bear in mind we are looking to sign more signings that we usually do this summer, that it's going to be nigh on impossible for any consistency for quite sometime with the team when he's gone as he has been the focal point.

This why we must keep him, and that I know he'll stay!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Whatever happens with Tielemans, he's going to be late for the season start and shattered with no pre season games. 

Add into the equation that if he does go, and bear in mind we are looking to sign more signings that we usually do this summer, that it's going to be nigh on impossible for any consistency for quite sometime with the team when he's gone as he has been the focal point.

This why we must keep him, and that I know he'll stay!

...the salient point in your post is that he will not be back until virtually the start of the season!!!

I am sure LCFC would have wanted to have a replacement in place should he leave and therefore would have insisted on an answer prior to the Euros. We can not afford the central player for our team to leave at the end of the window, with us scrambling to find someone to take over his role. I suspect this is all done and will be confirmed after the Euros, when he has signed the extension.

• Like 2

I know it’s not our style but as long as youris happy, if he won’t sign a new deal it’s worth keeping him until next summer. Possibly even let him go in Jan if the season is in the bin and a mega offer comes in. 

Surely his value would only drop 20-30m .. I’d pay that for one more year of youri pulling the strings 

He loves it here, just hope he comes back from the Euros and signs a new contract.   Hopefully keeping him here for another couple of years before he makes his big money move.   

Those tears in the final do worry me though. 

7 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

He loves it here, just hope he comes back from the Euros and signs a new contract.   Hopefully keeping him here for another couple of years before he makes his big money move.   

Those tears in the final do worry me though. 

The ones in the final were possibly ok .....the ones after the collapse in game 38 definitely weren’t ......

I have not seen any quotes from him saying he wants to leave. It is all just speculation. We have some great players and bigger teams will want them. It was not so long ago that happened once every couple of years. That shows how far we have come. 

His own agent (Peter Smeets) said he is happy here, its just a question as to if our actions and ambitions are enough to convince Youri to stay I imagine. His agent did say there have been enquiries, but this is hardly surprising.

I can't see him moving from Leicester this year, he says he will not make a decision until after the Euro's, whilst this would be late for us to get a replacement in, think of the team that wants him, they have to wait until after the Euro's of find out if he decides to move and then they have to negotiate a fee with LCFC. That brings back the Maguire situation, he is not for sale, at this late stage, so you are going to have to stump up an enormous amount to take him. If the buying team wont pay the LCFC rate then it is probably too late to buy anyone else of quality. 

One thing that makes me wonder about Youri, despite all the media noise around him, is what affect that Monaco move had on him. he left a club where he was a key player and it really fell apart for a couple of years. 

we as fans will never now what his thought process around another move might be, and if those doubts creep in about leaving a team where he is an integral part, for a team that he needs to establish himself in, and there may be risk of management change, high player turn over, the ability of said new team to bring in further stars in his position window on window.

I'm not suggesting it will make him stay for ever, but i do wonder if it will make him consider a move more closely and that it really has to be the right move for his career rather than just jumping ship because a big name club makes an offer. or he may just bounce at the first sign of an established CL team, who knows what goes on in that head of his, other than no look passes and 30 yard screamers. 

Edited by JJS84
  • Like 1

I don't think it's an issue of Tielemans wanting to leave, in fact I'm pretty sure he doesn't. I'd be amazed if he's got his agent out trying to engineer a move.

The above is completely different to him being interested if one of Europe's big clubs, who have champions league football to offer come in for him this summer though, he'd obviously want to look at that. If that doesn't happen though I'm sure he'd remain quite content to stay for a bit longer.

The huge elephant in the room is his contract situation though. The club need to tie him down to a new contract this summer or there is a huge financial risk starting to creep closer. It wasn't a popular opinion but I maintain if he's not signed that contract come August time I'd be actively looking to sell him to give the greatest chance of having decent enough resources to replace him.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I don't think it's an issue of Tielemans wanting to leave, in fact I'm pretty sure he doesn't. I'd be amazed if he's got his agent out trying to engineer a move.

The above is completely different to him being interested if one of Europe's big clubs, who have champions league football to offer come in for him this summer though, he'd obviously want to look at that. If that doesn't happen though I'm sure he'd remain quite content to stay for a bit longer.

The huge elephant in the room is his contract situation though. The club need to tie him down to a new contract this summer or there is a huge financial risk starting to creep closer. It wasn't a popular opinion but I maintain if he's not signed that contract come August time I'd be actively looking to sell him to give the greatest chance of having decent enough resources to replace him.

you think almost call his bluff, and say you haven't signed so you're forcing our hand to get the best deal for you which based on your current contract is now, and you can go to the highest bidder, which might actually be a bit shit for your career!? not really the owners style, but i can see where you're coming from with that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

One thing that makes me wonder about Youri, despite all the media noise around him, is what affect that Monaco move had on him. he left a club where he was a key player and it really fell apart for a couple of years. 

we as fans will never now what his thought process around another move might be, and if those doubts creep in about leaving a team where he is an integral part, for a team that he needs to establish himself in, and there may be risk of management change, high player turn over, the ability of said new team to bring in further stars in his position window on window.

I'm not suggesting it will make him stay for ever, but i do wonder if it will make him consider a move more closely and that it really has to be the right move for his career rather than just jumping ship because a big name club makes an offer. or he may just bounce at the first sign of an established CL team, who knows what goes on in that head of his, other than no look passes and 30 yard screamers. 

Each to their own but I don't think what happened at Monaco will have any bearing on his future choices. He's a top player and to be that way you need to have a ruthless, unwavering confidence in your own ability and he looks to have that. I'd actually be concerned if any player had that sort of mindset where they'd be reluctant to advance their career due to any past "failure".

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Each to their own but I don't think what happened at Monaco will have any bearing on his future choices. He's a top player and to be that way you need to have a ruthless, unwavering confidence in your own ability and he looks to have that. I'd actually be concerned if any player had that sort of mindset.

Yeah i get that. but it is an experience in his life, and he wont just have forgot that his previous move didn't work as he had planned. but i appreciate that he will be supremely confident after the couple of years he's had with us, and will no doubt think he can hold down a place in any of the European elite first teams 

28 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm in agreement with you, if no contract is signed when he returns then we should look to sell in this window.

And like you, I think he's happy here but wishes to play Champions League for the sake of his career. If we had qualified then I'd have no doubts this would have been a simple sign on the dotted line.

• Like 1

Youri may have no desire to leave us this summer and the only decision he has to make is whether to extend his contract and maybe he feels that can be resolved one way or another after the Euro’s by which time we will have no doubt concluded a lot of our incoming transfer business. If he signs then great news but if he doesn’t it just means the club has a decision to make as to whether they cash in, risk losing him in a year for a fraction of his current value or hope to have a great season that secures Champions league and convinced him to extend his contract in a years time.