Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

16 hours ago, Blarmy said:

I think he’ll go, as much as I hate to say it. If he was committed he’d have signed by now. But I’ll feel about it the same way I feel about Kante going - no hard feelings. 

It’s possible he will want assurances that we will strengthen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox1norfolk said:

You need to worry as it seems the club have no business plan whatsoever. We like to think we are a top 4 club or thereabouts, but what top 4 clubs sell their best asset to there direct competitors every season to make them stronger and the foxes weaker, Kante, Marius, Drinkwater, Maguire, Chilton etc. Do we go looking at or even considered poaching MU, MC, Chelsea, Liverpool best players. That's why we will never achieve the ultimate PL Trophy again

We are nowhere near them clubs level and we will never be.. we may fight for top four but those clubs are absolutely massive, we can’t compete with them in size plus history wise and financially 

All our key assets who have left have been rumoured to want to leave for quite some time and yet most reputable sources continually say he'll sign a new deal. Failing to get top 4 may have made him change his mind at the last minute but I honestly think the bond we've made with him and the FA Cup win will make it very difficult for him to go for another year or two.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All our key assets who have left have been rumoured to want to leave for quite some time and yet most reputable sources continually say he'll sign a new deal. Failing to get top 4 may have made him change his mind at the last minute but I honestly think the bond we've made with him and the FA Cup win will make it very difficult for him to go for another year or two.

I get where your coming from. Tielemans doesn't strike me as the sort who'll want to leave just for the sake of leaving. I think it would be more if one of Europe's top clubs made a move he may want to pursue it. If that doesn't happen though I don't see him rocking the boat.

It may not be a popular opinion but as I've said before if he doesn't sign a new contract this summer and is intent on letting it run down I'd be actively looking to sell him. He's someone the club have the guts of £40m already tied up in so it makes sense to sell him when his value is at it's maximum to ensure the wheel keeps turning.

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I get where your coming from. Tielemans doesn't strike me as the sort who'll want to leave just for the sake of leaving. I think it would be more if one of Europe's top clubs made a move he may want to pursue it. If that doesn't happen though I don't see him rocking the boat.

It may not be a popular opinion but as I've said before if he doesn't sign a new contract this summer and is intent on letting it run down I'd be actively looking to sell him. He's someone the club have the guts of £40m already tied up in so it makes sense to sell him when his value is at it's maximum to ensure the wheel keeps turning.

100% this. If he signs a new deal this summer then great. If he doesn't then we need to sell so we can get a good fee for him. Next summer with only a year left, we might only get our £40m back if we are lucky and not make any profit. This summer we could look at around £80m hopefully if someone will stump up the cash 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

100% this. If he signs a new deal this summer then great. If he doesn't then we need to sell so we can get a good fee for him. Next summer with only a year left, we might only get our £40m back if we are lucky and not make any profit. This summer we could look at around £80m hopefully if someone will stump up the cash 

But if a sensible replacement hasn’t been identified or there just isn’t one on the market, what’s the point? We’d be better off keeping him then

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

But if a sensible replacement hasn’t been identified or there just isn’t one on the market, what’s the point? We’d be better off keeping him then

No we are not, our resistance to letting him go will damamge future signings willingness to come

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Please be right 🤞🤞

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No we are not, our resistance to letting him go will damamge future signings willingness to come

I mean we resisted letting pretty much all of our big sales go and doesn’t seem to have done much

I am sure this thought comes around every time but never actually happens

26 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Proper Boardroom talk this, but I guess you're right. Head has to rule over heart at times like this. It'll be tough to see such a fantastic player and seemingly such a genuine person leave us though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I mean we resisted letting pretty much all of our big sales go and doesn’t seem to have done much

I am sure this thought comes around every time but never actually happens

I am not so sure, Mahrez was the standout for sure. He wanted to go, we didn`t want him to go. Who else has been detained against their will? Wouldn't say Chilwell or Maguire, that was recognising the value in the offers or the lack of value remaining in the player.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am not so sure, Mahrez was the standout for sure. He wanted to go, we didn`t want him to go. Who else has been detained against their will? Wouldn't say Chilwell or Maguire, that was recognising the value in the offers or the lack of value remaining in the player.

Maguire was kept here 1 year longer than he wanted to be

We also blocked Drinkwater moving to Chelsea in 2016 (we didn’t want to lose both him and Kante)

Not to the same extent as Mahrez kicking off but they certainly weren’t allowed to leave when they wanted to

I think the likeliest outcome (or possibly the most ideal at least) will be to see him sign a contract extension this summer with a verbal understanding that we’ll let him leave next summer if we fail to finish in the top 4 or if a big club comes in for him..

Don’t think you could begrudge him that after how outstanding he has been for us since joining

24 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Funny how CL seems to matter more to players' decisions than anything else.  Judging by this place you would have thought a trophy was more important.

A trophy, especially the FA Cup to us of all clubs, is more important to the fans. 

24 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Funny how CL seems to matter more to players' decisions than anything else.  Judging by this place you would have thought a trophy was more important.

Based off what? A few loose rumours that Liverpool are interested in him and he's not signed a new contract yet? There are countless examples of players who've left teams with CL football for clubs without. 

1 hour ago, Fox1norfolk said:

You need to worry as it seems the club have no business plan whatsoever. We like to think we are a top 4 club or thereabouts, but what top 4 clubs sell their best asset to there direct competitors every season to make them stronger and the foxes weaker, Kante, Marius, Drinkwater, Maguire, Chilton etc. Do we go looking at or even considered poaching MU, MC, Chelsea, Liverpool best players. That's why we will never achieve the ultimate PL Trophy again

Great trolling! Marius and Chilton, though? A bit more subtlety might help you get a few more bites.

I just dont see him leaving this summer.. Hes moved up once and got burnt (monaco) 

Thats not to say he cant make the step up because we all know he could but he knows the grass isnt always greener. 

He seems like an intelligent lad. 

Couple that with him finding his best form by consistently playing (admitted by himself and rodgers). 

In short. Hes won a trophy this season, guaranteed to be first name on the team sheet, by all accounts happy and settled, is playing european football (ok its not champs league) and the first time we've heard a rumour he might be off is after a contract extension has been rumoured?

We wouldnt accept less than 100mil either, hes probably our most important cog. 

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Chilwell downed tools months before his transfer. I think most of us supported him despite his obvious limitations as he was, sort of, one of our own. Once his head was turned he became a prize prat. No interest in him anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Depends upon if Rodgers is confident enough we can make top 4 with incoming players next season.

It'd be a gamble, but a gamble the club might decide to make, if we can't get anymore than £60m and we bought him for £40m, with a percentage going to Monaco, then the club needs to be confident of a replacement good enough for that fee.

I wouldn't blame Youri for wanting to leave, he's good enough for CL and I think some of the players around him have let him down, the club should have been more ruthless in the January window.

17 minutes ago, Liam0308 said:

I just dont see him leaving this summer.. Hes moved up once and got burnt (monaco) 

Thats not to say he cant make the step up because we all know he could but he knows the grass isnt always greener. 

He seems like an intelligent lad. 

Couple that with him finding his best form by consistently playing (admitted by himself and rodgers). 

In short. Hes won a trophy this season, guaranteed to be first name on the team sheet, by all accounts happy and settled, is playing european football (ok its not champs league) and the first time we've heard a rumour he might be off is after a contract extension has been rumoured?

We wouldnt accept less than 100mil either, hes probably our most important cog. 

No one is offering £100m for him and I'd be very surprised if that's what the club valued him at given he has two years to go on his deal. Add in the fact that the transfer market has changed since pre-covid and it's even more unlikely.

Please don't hold up Maguire as a benchmark as that was a complete misnomer of a fee as has been proven since.

• Like 2