Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

Quite a few of the reputable club salary sites now have Tielemans on £120k per week since joining. Guaranteed with a new deal he'll be pushing £200k.

Who would've thought, little old leicester..

11 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Quite a few of the reputable club salary sites now have Tielemans on £120k per week since joining. Guaranteed with a new deal he'll be pushing £200k.

Who would've thought, little old leicester..

Strange as I’m sure most sites had him around 70k/week when he joined 

13 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

No one is offering £100m for him and I'd be very surprised if that's what the club valued him at given he has two years to go on his deal. Add in the fact that the transfer market has changed since pre-covid and it's even more unlikely.

Please don't hold up Maguire as a benchmark as that was a complete misnomer of a fee as has been proven since.

I dont think the club really valued maguire at 80 tbh. Im saying that the management know how important he is and have already stated they hope to keep everyone this year so will put a ludicrous price on his head. 

We also do not have a replacement within the club already like we have with others, how much do you think itd cost us to bring in someone similar of the required quality? That plays a factor too. 

8 minutes ago, Liam0308 said:

I dont think the club really valued maguire at 80 tbh. Im saying that the management know how important he is and have already stated they hope to keep everyone this year so will put a ludicrous price on his head. 

We also do not have a replacement within the club already like we have with others, how much do you think itd cost us to bring in someone similar of the required quality? That plays a factor too. 

They obviously did value Maguire at that as that's what Man Utd had to end up paying to speak to him.

If he doesn't sign a new contract then when the time does come to replace him it's going to be even harder as the £40m he cost will have went up in smoke along with the potential additional £20-40m that you could get for him this summer with a £60-80m transfer fee.

The club ain't daft, they are not going to risk any big asset running down their contract and walking out the club for pennies or worst of all nothing.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

100% this. If he signs a new deal this summer then great. If he doesn't then we need to sell so we can get a good fee for him. Next summer with only a year left, we might only get our £40m back if we are lucky and not make any profit. This summer we could look at around £80m hopefully if someone will stump up the cash 

I think £80m in the current global market with clubs affected by COVID is probably on the steep side. I would suggest £60m is more realistic. However, it works the other way too, what would have cost us £25m last year to buy in someone would probably be nearer £15m this year.

• Like 2

Whether he signs a new contract or not who's out there that will actually be able to pay up a decent fee this summer anyway? Sources closer to Liverpool are saying a defender and wide forward/striker are their priority. Man City, are Chelsea are well stocked in that position, Man Utd are linked to a defender, right winger and a CDM, Madrid and Barca not in a great position finally and are reported to have other areas to strengthen. Maybe Bayern but are they going to stump up 70 mill+? Just can't see him going this summer unless he tries to force a move or we accept a lower offer. 

Guest Bert Fill
5 minutes ago, turlo said:

Whether he signs a new contract or not who's out there that will actually be able to pay up a decent fee this summer anyway? Sources closer to Liverpool are saying a defender and wide forward/striker are their priority. Man City, are Chelsea are well stocked in that position, Man Utd are linked to a defender, right winger and a CDM, Madrid and Barca not in a great position finally and are reported to have other areas to strengthen. Maybe Bayern but are they going to stump up 70 mill+? Just can't see him going this summer unless he tries to force a move or we accept a lower offer. 

Your logic is compelling, but I can see one flaw in your conclusion.

If you’re right that none of the clubs you mention will be after him, the logical conclusion is that he’ll be off to PSG...

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

They obviously did value Maguire at that as that's what Man Utd had to end up paying to speak to him.

If he doesn't sign a new contract then when the time does come to replace him it's going to be even harder as the £40m he cost will have went up in smoke along with the potential additional £20-40m that you could get for him this summer with a £60-80m transfer fee.

The club ain't daft, they are not going to risk any big asset running down their contract and walking out the club for pennies or worst of all nothing.

Actually with maguire i believe they didnt want to sell and stuck a price on his head no one was stupid enough to pay. By the time it hits that region we become mugs for turning it down. Which is exactly what i think they do with tielemans. 

I agree the price i mentioned was ludicrous, it was plucked out of thin air. But if you believe we could get 80mil it probably would be a rough starting figure in negotiations.

Either way you've taken this away from the point i made in my first post, i don't see him going anywhere this summer, i believe the rumours are nothing but agent talk and he signs an extension this summer. 

I have also never implied anyone running the club is a mug 👍

18 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

Your logic is compelling, but I can see one flaw in your conclusion.

If you’re right that none of the clubs you mention will be after him, the logical conclusion is that he’ll be off to PSG...

their midfield is stacked with playmakers. 

Just now, MGLCFC said:

How come he gets team selections right, but most other things wrong?

he's not been getting selections for a while now and it's also understood that team leaks usually come via the media team when they are submitted to EPL, UFEA etc hours before they are officially announced. thats how a lot of the fantasy league twitter accounts get hold of team news. 

Do hope he's right though but he's been hit and miss since he stopped getting hold of the team news leaks

CL football for a big club is hard to turn down but that is true for any player.

i actually think Liverpool could do with Youri, Maddison and N’didi.

if they sign all 3 for £200m, we can throw big Dan Armarty in as a bonus freebie.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Some things are outside the club's control. If we're in negotiations with YT about a new contract, but he or his agent want to wait to see what all their options are, what can the club do about that? We can only offer so much, you know?

BR isn't stupid. He'll understand that we're not in a position to keep every player we want to. Isn't it possible that it looked like Youri would extend his contract until recently? How could we be expected to have already replaced him with a marquee signing if that was the case?

It seems like Soumare is a done deal. Would you call that a marquee signing?

...I feel @UHDrivewas in effect saying the same as you!!!

The gist of the matter being if he was going then we would have had a player (or players) lined up to replace him, that not being the case, the answer then will be he is staying and the wait is them finalising the terms.

The same situation occurred when he came to us in as much as the deal appeared to take much longer than anticipated.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Funny how CL seems to matter more to players' decisions than anything else.  Judging by this place you would have thought a trophy was more important.

...not so much the trophy, just the fact that only certain teams are involved in attaining it!!!

It is just a way to sort the wheat from the chaff so far as players are concerned, if Everton or Villa or even if we should attain that status, the players queueing up to come to here, will not be that long, and it certainly will not be, the creme de la creme beating down our door.

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Maguire was kept here 1 year longer than he wanted to be

We also blocked Drinkwater moving to Chelsea in 2016 (we didn’t want to lose both him and Kante)

Not to the same extent as Mahrez kicking off but they certainly weren’t allowed to leave when they wanted to

You may be right, difficult to tell when negotiating overlaps with being determined to keep them

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

How come he gets team selections right, but most other things wrong?

His hashtag is never wrong not sometimes wrong. Have faith Sean knows what’s happening trust me

Edited by Unabomber
  • Haha 1