Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

On 29/05/2021 at 11:54, jayfox26 said:

Im sure we will have identified long term replacements for all our star players. If he doesn't sign a new deal and we don't sell him this summer then we will not make a profit on him. Our whole transfer model is built on signing players, developing them and selling them for a profit. I really don't want us to lose Youri but we have to be realistic in that the club cannot afford to make a loss/not make a profit on one of our top players. 

If we’ve identified one for Vardy can we just buy the cvnt, in case Jamie is permanently broken?

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Flemish news outlet reports YT is interested in liverpool ….. can’t see them paying enough but if he doesn’t sign a new deal then we have a big call to make 

It's going to be a summer of here's and there's reporting interest. Liverpool's name has been thrown around through losing Wjinaldum.  

The issue is, who is going to be able to afford him. Liverpool have chucked £30mill ish at a defender, can they then afford another £70m plus on Youri? 

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's going to be a summer of here's and there's reporting interest. Liverpool's name has been thrown around through losing Wjinaldum.  

The issue is, who is going to be able to afford him. Liverpool have chucked £30mill ish at a defender, can they then afford another £70m plus on Youri? 

The fee for Youri won’t be that high, closer to £50-60m I think, like Mahrez. Which if Liverpool did want him I think they would be happy to pay. I question whether Youri is the player they need tho, gini was box to box whereas Youri is a deep playmaker like Thiago and hendo, not sure they need another one.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dusty said:

The fee for Youri won’t be that high, closer to £50-60m I think, like Mahrez. Which if Liverpool did want him I think they would be happy to pay. I question whether Youri is the player they need tho, gini was box to box whereas Youri is a deep playmaker like Thiago and hendo, not sure they need another one.

This is why I think the Liverpool links don’t make much sense at the moment and I am not really worried about them going in for him, they don’t need him in their midfield (maybe in another season or 2 but not now)

More likely to be Bissouma or Neuhaus they go for because they can fulfil that box to box role

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Having paid £35/40m for him, I don't think we'd accept much less than £60m surely? 

But I agree, very different player. Gini would run the pitch continuously and press. Youri doesn't and dictates through his technical skill

4 minutes ago, Dusty said:

He is worth more than £50-60 mill though and that's why I'm betting he stays here for at least one other season. If man City do sell sterling and play without a striker then he'd next to KDB on the left, but then again I don't think he has enough pace and stamina for the level that pep requires. He's too much for Liverpool transfer fee wise unless they do sell Mane and 1 other player. Chelsea don't have enough money after last years spending. Man utd is the only team I could see him going to as they are begging for a deep sitting playmaker. Man utd are also still team building under Soljkiar and the owners have said they will provide transfer money despite the leakey roofs and rats shuffling around on the ground floor course at Old twatford.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Having paid £35/40m for him, I don't think we'd accept much less than £60m surely? 

But I agree, very different player. Gini would run the pitch continuously and press. Youri doesn't and dictates through his technical skill

No I think you’re right, £60m will be the benchmark, anymore would be great but any less would be a bit unfair. 

But if he were adamant to leave this summer, I don’t think we’d get much more. It’s a buyers market this summer not a sellers, and if we risk him running down the contract another year he’d leave for about what we paid for him, which would be a shame too. 

If clubs are only willing to pay £50 - £60m for him i'd rather keep him and his contract run down ultimately losing him for nothing. I know that's not good business sense but he's important playing for us, not selling and strenthening someone else (I do understand someone else would be strenghening for free if this scenario occurs but who knows what would happen in that time and he may decide to sign a new contract)

It's just been suggested if he runs the contract down another year he'd leave for about what we paid for him.

So say he doesn't leave his summer and also doesn't sign a new contract, IF (And its a massive if because who'd be surprised if we get ourselves into a good position only to tail off, again. You feel opportunities are only gonna get fewer and farer) we make top 4 next season, i've just been reading you get €15m for participating in the group stage of CL, with each win in the group stage worth an additional €2.7m and draws €0.9m, not to mention the further payments so if he were to leave next summer for what we paid (£34.2 apparently) plus £13m is £47.2m and not to mention he might then decided to sign a new contract and stay if we were to make CL.

Obviously theres a lot of if and buts in there, alot of hypothesis based on us making top 4, something i'm unsure of but without Tielemans I think we'd have no chance, with him, a chance, especially as it attracts others and brings positivity.

£50 - £60m is way off the mark and a gamble i'd be willing to turn down.

The only problem I forsee with that opinion is it might result in Youri being unhappy. Youri's been very good for us, seems a very likeable lad who loves it here and seems to show a great deal of respect to us/the club, we have an honour to show the same respect to him.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

If clubs are only willing to pay £50 - £60m for him i'd rather keep him and his contract run down ultimately losing him for nothing. I know that's not good business sense but he's important playing for us, not selling and strenthening someone else (I do understand someone else would be strenghening for free if this scenario occurs but who knows what would happen in that time and he may decide to sign a new contract)

£50 - £60m is way off the mark.

The only problem I forsee with that opinion is it might result in Youri being unhappy. Youri's been very good for us, seems a very likeable lad who loves it here and seems to show a great deal of respect to us/the club, we have an honour to show the same respect to him.

2 years top 4 finishing arguably brings in more than 50/60 mill so it’s worth it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Unfotunately, its not just the 2 years of quality Youri, its after he leaves for nowt, you are then left with an urgent requirement to replace what he brings, so the 50-60m you lose by not selling him, you are also over a barrel looking for a replacement when he does leave.

Even despite all these downsides, he would be a bugger of a loss, but is that not the same as when Kante left? He was viewed as irreplaceable, and only now Wilf is here, do we know it need not be. Who would run a football club eh? 

Fair point and whilst I understand the point you're making that it's easier to replace with £50-60m in our back pocket as opposed to nothing, the urgent requirement to replace still remains whether we lose him now, a year or 2 years.

If anything keeping him for atleast a year allows to bring someone in now, or during that year rather than just replacing when he leaves albeit understanding the money issue that we won't have/won't know what we've got to spend/what we'd eventually get from the sale of Youri. The plus of this scenario is what we learn from the Maguire scenario - Clubs we're dealing with won't think we're as 'desperate' (Perhaps not he right word but 'in need' shall we say), clubs we're dealing with won't know how much money we've got from a sale and won't quote (Such) stupid prices and were being quoted last summer (I'd like to think anyway), e.t.c

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Fair point and whilst I understand the point you're making that it's easier to replace with £50-60m in our back pocket as opposed to nothing, the urgent requirement to replace still remains whether we lose him now, a year or 2 years.

If anything keeping him for atleast a year allows to bring someone in now, or during that year rather than just replacing when he leaves albeit understanding the money issue that we won't have/won't know what we've got to spend/what we'd eventually get from the sale of Youri.

Yeah, it really is a chance either way, and I think you are right, I hope he stays for another year, works in conjunction  with his eventual replacement, and then leaves (For £1b)

Or, even better, signs a lifetime new contract  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Unfotunately, its not just the 2 years of quality Youri, its after he leaves for nowt, you are then left with an urgent requirement to replace what he brings, so the 50-60m you lose by not selling him, you are also over a barrel looking for a replacement when he does leave.

Even despite all these downsides, he would be a bugger of a loss, but is that not the same as when Kante left? He was viewed as irreplaceable, and only now Wilf is here, do we know it need not be. Who would run a football club eh? 

You’re crazy if you think the club aren’t already looking for replacements. The club full well know they’ll need to find a replacement, that’s why our recruitment is so good. I’m not saying he’ll be easy to replace, world class players never are. But have faith in the system. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bert said:

Your crazy if you think the club aren’t already looking for replacements. The club full well know they’ll need to find a replacement, that’s why our recruitment is so good. I’m not saying he’ll be easy to replace, world class players never are. But have faith in the system. 

Oh I am not questioning that at all, hence my reference to Kante, it was more a comment on having him stay up to the point his contract expires, as that seemed unlikely.

Not sure how anyone can question our intent/behaviour in the transfer market too much (after the title winning window anyway lol)

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 minutes ago, Bert said:

Your crazy if you think the club aren’t already looking for replacements. The club full well know they’ll need to find a replacement, that’s why our recruitment is so good. I’m not saying he’ll be easy to replace, world class players never are. But have faith in the system. 

Generally we buy our replacements a year before they leave.....

Soyuncu > maguire

Justin > chilwell

Soumare > tielemans 

Ndidi and Silva were the **** ups as they were 6 months late (and silva was never any good) but have no doubt we'll be overstocked with midfielders this year knowing we're likely to lose youri next year.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

DId not think Soumare was a Tielemans replacement, he is not that sort of player seemingly

I didn't think Justin was a chilwell replacement but it appeared he was after a time. It's a guess, maybe KDH will take that void but he's a deep lying central midfielder along with soumare. Different styles of course and not like for like but I doubt we'll get a LFL.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

If he genuinely does have Liverpool in his sights and his aspirations are Champions League success, I hope he takes a step back and looks at the bigger picture. Within the next 2 seasons Liverpool are going to need a major rebuild with 4 of their stars already 29 years of age and others not too far behind. Let's be honest they're not a club like Man City or Chelsea that will go out and spend big money on 4 top players in one go. The big moves in the past have been heavily reliant upon sales hence their low net spend, however their current stars will have little resale value in a year or two so future transfers will have to come out of club funds. 

As much as it pains me to say it, if he really wants to push his career to the next level whilst staying in the PL he'd be far better served trying to force a move to Chelsea, or possibly Man City depending on how their own succession plans pan out. 

26 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

If he genuinely does have Liverpool in his sights and his aspirations are Champions League success, I hope he takes a step back and looks at the bigger picture. Within the next 2 seasons Liverpool are going to need a major rebuild with 4 of their stars already 29 years of age and others not too far behind. Let's be honest they're not a club like Man City or Chelsea that will go out and spend big money on 4 top players in one go. The big moves in the past have been heavily reliant upon sales hence their low net spend, however their current stars will have little resale value in a year or two so future transfers will have to come out of club funds. 

As much as it pains me to say it, if he really wants to push his career to the next level whilst staying in the PL he'd be far better served trying to force a move to Chelsea, or possibly Man City depending on how their own succession plans pan out. 

I don’t think Liverpool are that far off having a stable squad for the next 5 years or so, but I get your point about not spending as much as others.

alisson is young enough to player for years, trent, gomez and konate are all young. Robertson has enough in the tank for a few years yet. A midfield 3 of Fabinho, Jones and Tielemans would be brilliant over the next few years, and then they have jota in the front 3 who is still young. In my opinion they’re only a couple of players off having a really solid starting 11 for the next few years. I believe they’re still owed about £40m from barca for coutinho too so the money is there.

Forgot Harvey Elliot is out on loan too, looks like he’ll be a great player in the future.

Edited by Dusty

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

I don’t think Liverpool are that far off having a stable squad for the next 5 years or so, but I get your point about not spending as much as others.

alisson is young enough to player for years, trent, gomez and konate are all young. Robertson has enough in the tank for a few years yet. A midfield 3 of Fabinho, Jones and Tielemans would be brilliant over the next few years, and then they have jota in the front 3 who is still young. In my opinion they’re only a couple of players off having a really solid starting 11 for the next few years. I believe they’re still owed about £40m from barca for coutinho too so the money is there.

Sounds like they are signing a centre mid this summer as well (even if it isn’t Youri)

Also Salah is only 28, Mane is 29, even if they sold them next year they would still get mega money and be able to get someone like Sancho in

They are also really good at selling squad filler/back up/youth players for good money

Only way I see things going badly for Liverpool is if Klopp leaves

For us fans it's going to be a waiting game this summer as like any world class player outside of the rich clubs, he's going to be linked all over the place. Assuming he'll be fully focussed on the Euros now, so we won't hear anything unless a new contract has already been agreed and going through the final legal review/sign off. 

Personally I think the club will try to hold onto him for another year even if he doesn't sign a new deal unless a bid just too good to refuse comes along this summer (which i doubt it will). 

I agree and hope that Top and BR can ask him to give us another season to get CL qualification.

If they do persuade him, invest well, qualify and then push with signings again next summer then he may stay longer

Everything crossed guys as I don’t see him as easy to replace and we need a very good season to stop other players wanting to leave