Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

59 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Over the ball....
Mahrez.. likely to score blinder

Fuchs...possible bullet to the top corner

Drinky.. sneak a quick one in behind the wall.

HUUUUTHHHH... aims for corner flag and achieves target

I remember growing up when I watched Rangers, there was a player who took thir free kicks called Lorenzo Amorouso. A CB and it was genuinely exciting every time because you didn't know if he was going to burst the net or put it out for a throw in. 

13 hours ago, UHDrive said:

TIELEMANS ISNT GOING ANYWHERE!

His partner, 2 children and location are his number 1 priority. His club is his second. 

If anyone thinks he's going to upsticks and leave in a euro comp summer then they need their head checking....(just saying)

He's also one of the highest earners at the club, in the leadership group and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he got the captains armband with his new deal (must push £200k per week which would be crazy for us)

Hope you are right.

As great as he is, if he wants to go we should let him. Realistically we’re still a stepping stone club for some players; we sign them, develop them, sell for a profit and reinvest. The good thing these days is it’s 1 a summer not 3-4 and when they do leave we can command decent fees.

He’s given us some amazing memories, we’ll make £20m+ on him sign another 1-2 with the money allowing for us to rinse and repeat.

I’d be delighted if he stays but respectfully ok if he decides it’s time to leave.

• Like 2

Not sure if this has been posted yet: https://www.eurosport.com/football/transfers/2020-2021/chelsea-transfer-news-roman-abramovich-personally-driving-romelu-lukaku-deal-transfer-notebook_sto8348530/story.shtml

Sounds like a contract extension is more likely but Tielemans is keeping his options open as he may get an even better deal depending on how Euro 2020 goes. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

On 26/05/2021 at 20:27, Bryn said:

It's a different era I'm afraid. If you don't see the point in supporting Leicester because they're unlikely to be the dominant force in English football I think you're absolutely crackers.

...he did not say that, and he obviously did not mean that!!!

He was reacting to what appeared to be, a pessimistic outlook that you had outlined. 

Your post was a statement of the reality of the situation going forward but also echoed a scenario where dreams and aspiration are to be consigned and pragmatism is the future and the only possible outcome.

No supporter should be berated for his aspiration (the F.A. Cup win, would have been part of your wish list) it is what gets us down to the ground every week. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

These big clubs try to take our best players all the time, we have to hold out and get him to sign can't keep selling your best player

Out of all the players we've sold in recent years, only Kante and Mahrez could be decribed as our best player. We're coping alright, aren't we? If you count the title win as an anomale, we've improved every year since the 2011/12 season. Whatever we're doing is working. Part of what we're doing is letting good players leave when the time is right.

I'd love for us to be able to keep Youri, but not at all costs. I don't want us keeping players hostage and foregoing large transfer fees to do so.

We've got a fantastic track record in the transfer market and I'm confident that will continue.

• Like 2

We would have made top four easily if we hadn’t had the injuries to key players all season. 

so the club is going in the right direction. 
the team we have got we need to add strength in depth to cope with injuries and players out of form. 

however to loose someone as talented as Youri would be a big lose and definitely weeken the team. Bringing in Soumare is to add that extra depth and can’t be a replacement for Youri. 

so if he does go then we also need to find a replacement for him on top of the signings we’re going after and does the club have the funds to cover all that? 

if Youri wants to go then trying to hold onto him will end up like another Mahrez and him not giving his all to the club but it being a buyers market at the moment I can’t see him going for anything above 60m which would be a huge disappointment for someone with his talent. 

I really hope he stays and sees what we’re trying to build here and with the addition to the team we’re hopefully getting then another chance to break the top 4. 

all tho champions league football is what every player wants and the likes of Liverpool and Man U can offer him. 

only thing we can offer him is a guaranteed starting place every week from a well run family club and European football. 

I really hope he stays but sadly us missing out on the champions league I think he will go. 

Losing Youri would be a huge blow, this would have much more of an impact than Chilwell or Maguire because unlike those two we don't have a readymade replacement (who is arguably better), Youri is truly the beating heart of this team, players like that don't come around often and certainly not at Leicester.

Our strength and style of play relies so much on the midfield and he's the glue in there. I think we are all being a little blasé about the impact Youri leaving would have on us, there's no way we'll get a replacement of similar quality I expect it would mean we drop to 10th or so rather than pushing the top 4. We'll probably need to change the style of play too. Brendan will be desperate for him to stay and rightly so.

But... if he leaves he leaves, and we trust in the recruitment and Brendan and move on looking forwards.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Losing Youri would be a huge blow, this would have much more of an impact than Chilwell or Maguire because unlike those two we don't have a readymade replacement (who is arguably better), Youri is truly the beating heart of this team, players like that don't come around often and certainly not at Leicester.

Our strength and style of play relies so much on the midfield and he's the glue in there. I think we are all being a little blasé about the impact Youri leaving would have on us, there's no way we'll get a replacement of similar quality I expect it would mean we drop to 10th or so rather than pushing the top 4. We'll probably need to change the style of play too. Brendan will be desperate for him to stay and rightly so.

But... if he leaves he leaves, and we trust in the recruitment and Brendan and move on looking forwards.

Think he’s been the difference between us being top five rather than mid-table in the past two and a half years, never mind winning the cup. 

• Like 1

Well we all know how this starts, and it is with the rumours and then the pundits weigh in and then rumours of a bid, then the realisation he could actually go.  It has been like this every summer since 15/16 apart from Mahrez, who didn't go for until the 3rd summer of rumours.  If he wants to go, then Liverpool should be made to pay an ESL tax for being such arrogant gits!

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Well we all know how this starts, and it is with the rumours and then the pundits weigh in and then rumours of a bid, then the realisation he could actually go.  It has been like this every summer since 15/16 apart from Mahrez, who didn't go for until the 3rd summer of rumours.  If he wants to go, then Liverpool should be made to pay an ESL tax for being such arrogant gits!

Roll with the punches, get up swinging, it has always been the way.

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet: https://www.eurosport.com/football/transfers/2020-2021/chelsea-transfer-news-roman-abramovich-personally-driving-romelu-lukaku-deal-transfer-notebook_sto8348530/story.shtml

Sounds like a contract extension is more likely but Tielemans is keeping his options open as he may get an even better deal depending on how Euro 2020 goes. 

This makes perfect sense.

Taking emotion out of the equation and looking at the situation objectively, if I were Tielemans I'd be well aware that an improved contract was on the table but there is no rush to sign it.

If he doesn't feature in the Euros or plays badly then the new improved deal gets signed.

If he excels at the Euros then the Leicester contract offer might get even sweeter, or a massive club that virtually guarantees trophies comes in with an offer that can't be turned down.

He really can't lose by waiting.  He holds all the cards.  And fair play to him.

• Like 3

I can't see it myself. Youri seems well settled and I think he's invested enough to see if the management and ownership are serious about being a proper club. If we are I think he'd like to see the project through for another 2/3 years at least. 

If we look average next season and like we've hit a ceiling then he'll look to do the right thing for his career and move on.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nnfox said:

This makes perfect sense.

Taking emotion out of the equation and looking at the situation objectively, if I were Tielemans I'd be well aware that an improved contract was on the table but there is no rush to sign it.

If he doesn't feature in the Euros or plays badly then the new improved deal gets signed.

If he excels at the Euros then the Leicester contract offer might get even sweeter, or a massive club that virtually guarantees trophies comes in with an offer that can't be turned down.

He really can't lose by waiting.  He holds all the cards.  And fair play to him.

Exactly. Tielemans is clearly an intelligent, responsible and level-headed individual and he won't rush into a decision. Also, gives him the chance to take into account the quality of players that we're acquiring. 

All the informed sources - Romano, Terreur and Jones - say that negotiations are ongoing so no need for any alarm. 

• Like 1

The last few posts are closer to what I think is actually going on. Youre is in no rush. It's been a busy campaign where he's played way more than he should have and he's done extremely well winning us the FA cup and surviving any serious injuries. The Euros is days away and his focus is rightly on the tournament. Of course he's been having offline discussions with his agent, his wife, his parents and probably even his dog if he has one.

These are big moments big decisions so if he has time to ponder it all than thats the smart thing to do. We as fans are desparate for him to stay and hope he does. We have enough information to speculate his personal reasons to stay VS reasons to go. What kinds of offers he gets and how they stack up against what we plan to do as a club next season is the key. If any of us were in his position career wise its a great place to be! He can't lose either way just depends on how ambitious he is. Football is unpredictable and career threatening injuries can happen at any time. No one wants to have regrets of what if? Maybe the best our club can hope for is getting another season out of him but what would he be giving up with other offers when they come in? This is exactly why I wanted us to clinch the ECL spot. I had dreaded this all along while the debates of FA cup vs ECL. ECL should always be our priority if we want to really progress. The FA cup was an amazing bonus. If anyone knows where Youre lives we can start delivering flowers and cuddly filbert foxes, belgian waffles & chocolates ;)