Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

31 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

The last few posts are closer to what I think is actually going on. Youre is in no rush. It's been a busy campaign where he's played way more than he should have and he's done extremely well winning us the FA cup and surviving any serious injuries. The Euros is days away and his focus is rightly on the tournament. Of course he's been having offline discussions with his agent, his wife, his parents and probably even his dog if he has one.

These are big moments big decisions so if he has time to ponder it all than thats the smart thing to do. We as fans are desparate for him to stay and hope he does. We have enough information to speculate his personal reasons to stay VS reasons to go. What kinds of offers he gets and how they stack up against what we plan to do as a club next season is the key. If any of us were in his position career wise its a great place to be! He can't lose either way just depends on how ambitious he is. Football is unpredictable and career threatening injuries can happen at any time. No one wants to have regrets of what if? Maybe the best our club can hope for is getting another season out of him but what would he be giving up with other offers when they come in? This is exactly why I wanted us to clinch the ECL spot. I had dreaded this all along while the debates of FA cup vs ECL. ECL should always be our priority if we want to really progress. The FA cup was an amazing bonus. If anyone knows where Youre lives we can start delivering flowers and cuddly filbert foxes, belgian waffles & chocolates ;)

Fundamentally it's quite simple. He's a player who plays in a certain way with a certain pace and has players around him that he uses to play his perfect game.

Move and you gamble that it turns out that way or that it doesn't and he's on mega money and a subs bench and damages his international football prospects.

Wether he's leaving or not, I believe we're going to sell one of our first team players again anyway. If wel want to still compete in highest level, we need to strengthen our squad in both quality and quantity. We are still no match against the 'big six' team in terms of finance and the likes of Tielemans, Ndidi, Madders, Barnes and even Fofana will leave sooner or later. Personally I think Ndidi will go, but for a ridiculous amount of course. I hope he won't but money talks.

23 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

Wether he's leaving or not, I believe we're going to sell one of our first team players again anyway. If wel want to still compete in highest level, we need to strengthen our squad in both quality and quantity. We are still no match against the 'big six' team in terms of finance and the likes of Tielemans, Ndidi, Madders, Barnes and even Fofana will leave sooner or later. Personally I think Ndidi will go, but for a ridiculous amount of course. I hope he won't but money talks.

....this may not be the best window to sell in, but it is relative in as much as the price of a replacement would also be reduced!!!

47 minutes ago, BlackFox said:

If Wilf goes I think it will be for huge money, not happening.

Imagine having to choose between selling him or Youri.

Edited by Costock_Fox

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Fundamentally it's quite simple. He's a player who plays in a certain way with a certain pace and has players around him that he uses to play his perfect game.

Move and you gamble that it turns out that way or that it doesn't and he's on mega money and a subs bench and damages his international football prospects.

Drinkwater part 2 eh?  Certainly don’t see him fitting Klopps ethos. Pep yes but doesn’t need him and is buying Barry Vane anyway. OGS, doesn’t need him. Tuchel is unlikely. Hardly anyone else could afford him. Maybe PSG, that’s about it. 

42 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

You can feck off with those options thank you very much. lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Drinkwater part 2 eh?  Certainly don’t see him fitting Klopps ethos. Pep yes but doesn’t need him and is buying Barry Vane anyway. OGS, doesn’t need him. Tuchel is unlikely. Hardly anyone else could afford him. Maybe PSG, that’s about it. 

Exactly! He's just 10 x better than drinkwater! 

It's refreshing when you put it in the players market as that's one of me weak points and what manager I'd looking at what. I just know that Tielemans is massive about stability so personnel wise for him he's more about that than the cash.

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Exactly! He's just 10 x better than drinkwater! 

It's refreshing when you put it in the players market as that's one of me weak points and what manager I'd looking at what. I just know that Tielemans is massive about stability so personnel wise for him he's more about that than the cash.

And let’s be honest. He’ll be getting enough cash. Live sensible for another 10 years and then slide into the slippers, spark up the pipe and live the dream. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

And let’s be honest. He’ll be getting enough cash. Live sensible for another 10 years and then slide into the slippers, spark up the pipe and live the dream. 

I guess he can smoke whatever he likes with that cash. He should buy Gandalfs original pipe, I bet he could afford that.

26 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I guess he can smoke whatever he likes with that cash. He should buy Gandalfs original pipe, I bet he could afford that.

And blow ships through rings. He just needs a hobbit to work alongside. Let’s hope it’s not Kante. 

Edited by ARM1968

3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

The last few posts are closer to what I think is actually going on. Youre is in no rush. It's been a busy campaign where he's played way more than he should have and he's done extremely well winning us the FA cup and surviving any serious injuries. The Euros is days away and his focus is rightly on the tournament. Of course he's been having offline discussions with his agent, his wife, his parents and probably even his dog if he has one.

These are big moments big decisions so if he has time to ponder it all than thats the smart thing to do. We as fans are desparate for him to stay and hope he does. We have enough information to speculate his personal reasons to stay VS reasons to go. What kinds of offers he gets and how they stack up against what we plan to do as a club next season is the key. If any of us were in his position career wise its a great place to be! He can't lose either way just depends on how ambitious he is. Football is unpredictable and career threatening injuries can happen at any time. No one wants to have regrets of what if? Maybe the best our club can hope for is getting another season out of him but what would he be giving up with other offers when they come in? This is exactly why I wanted us to clinch the ECL spot. I had dreaded this all along while the debates of FA cup vs ECL. ECL should always be our priority if we want to really progress. The FA cup was an amazing bonus. If anyone knows where Youre lives we can start delivering flowers and cuddly filbert foxes, belgian waffles & chocolates ;)

Quorn 

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Big shout but I liken Youri a little to Pirlo. Both not blessed with pace but that doesn’t matter. They are so skilful they orchestrate from the middle of the park. 
I think he’d shine in any team in Europe personally 

I don't know where we're at financially but we need to either get into the market for a decent creative midfielder that can rival youri or replace him whatever the outcome.

I've read Rodgers wanted 5 players last summer and got 3, that is what cost us.

We need to decide what we are, if you want regular top 6 big club, we need to behave like it, we can't be left dangling by Youri, I hope to God we have a plan.

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Big shout but I liken Youri a little to Pirlo. Both not blessed with pace but that doesn’t matter. They are so skilful they orchestrate from the middle of the park. 
I think he’d shine in any team in Europe personally 

I think you’re correct, he would shine, but these managers, like Klopp, Pep etc have a system that they are so invested in they cannot see beyond it. Players have to fit that system. I don’t see Big T at either club. Can’t see how he fits in at Utd or Chelsea with the players they have. The big European clubs are on their arses financially. I can only see PSG with the funds to buy him outside the Prem. 

I might be wrong but I doubt he’ll leave this transfer window. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

3 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

No contest. Youri would stay. 

Not as clear cut as all that. Youri is class but so is Wilf. Our 2 best players I'd say. We saw how we played sans Wilf. That's a very tough decision to make if it came down to it. I couldn't choose between them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Not as clear cut as all that. Youri is class but so is Wilf. Our 2 best players I'd say. We saw how we played sans Wilf. That's a very tough decision to make if it came down to it. I couldn't choose between them.

It is difficult. As a team we are probably better without Youri than we are without Wilf in the middle

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I don't know where we're at financially but we need to either get into the market for a decent creative midfielder that can rival youri or replace him whatever the outcome.

We need to decide what we are, if you want regular top 6 big club, we need to behave like it, we can't be left dangling by Youri, I hope to God we have a plan.

....the way things went for us, the additional two would have been on the treatment table like the rest!!!

Our injuries are the main factor for our shortfall, the season is gone now, we need stronger personnel.

Wilf isn't technical enough on the ball for a lot of the top 6. I don't see him at Liverpool or City for instance. Chelsea have Kante and Jorginho. Which would just leave United who aren't as picky these days. If Fred can hold a place in their side, Wilf would have every chance.

31 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Sadly Wilf was off his game in the last month or so in my opinion. For me, both at their best, Youri is the better player despite their different styles. 

54 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

We would have explained our lack of success in the market to rodgers as a consequence of covid.  I doubt we will manage to disappoint him for a second time without him looking to move on when a decent job becomes available. I’ve questioned for a few years just how much KP are putting into the club (rather than just standing as a guarantor on loans).  We cannot attempt to be a top six club on a self sufficient basis - we dont generate enough income. 

• Like 1