Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

20 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Sadly Wilf was off his game in the last month or so in my opinion. For me, both at their best, Youri is the better player despite their different styles. 

Put a gun to my head and I might choose Youri but Wilf is a phenomenon and we'd only realise how important he is when he went

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We would have explained our lack of success in the market to rodgers as a consequence of covid.  I doubt we will manage to disappoint him for a second time without him looking to move on when a decent job becomes available. I’ve questioned for a few years just how much KP are putting into the club (rather than just standing as a guarantor on loans).  We cannot attempt to be a top six club on a self sufficient basis - we dont generate enough income. 

Must be difficult for Top, i wonder how much he was part of the ins and outs of the King Power enterprise, and how much the rest of the family are involved and share his love of Leicester City

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We would have explained our lack of success in the market to rodgers as a consequence of covid.  I doubt we will manage to disappoint him for a second time without him looking to move on when a decent job becomes available. I’ve questioned for a few years just how much KP are putting into the club (rather than just standing as a guarantor on loans).  We cannot attempt to be a top six club on a self sufficient basis - we dont generate enough income. 

And he's said he's staying so you'd imagine he's had assurances 👍

52 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And he's said he's staying so you'd imagine he's had assurances 👍

Yes he has - so that puts the onus onto the club to meet that loyaltyad commitment  .... brendan is no fool 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

.....I am not sure what you would refer to our existing post of Manager of Leicester City!!!

KP are putting money into the club, the only thing is it is indirectly funding the club through infrastructure. This allows us to use other revenue to finance bringing players in as we would not be able to finance the building of a first class Training Ground any time soon. So far our policy in respect of building the team has worked and we have grown stronger with the talent on the pitch (although not mentally strong enough). 

There is no point bemoaning any perceived lack of financing, because we are being underpinned by King Power, and that is a great place for us to be.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, shailen said:

I'm cynically hoping he doesn't have a good Euros, as if he does, there is no doubt in my mind that one of the so called elite clubs will defo come in for him. 

These fears could have been justly alleviated by only allowing the traitorous 12 to buy from each other for the next two windows.

Re the Wilf or Youri debate I may upset a few as imo if you looked over the last 2 seasons, when playing, Wilf is more valuable/ would be missed more. Youri has been ever present and immense this season yes, however, I feel he was not great for quite a chunk of last season yet we adapted with options formations but when Wilfs absent I think we really struggle. 

Just my opinion mind and I 100% don't want to lose either!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He'll only leave if we're selling. If he doesn't sign a contract, it is up to us to decide whether to sell now for a good price or risk his contract running to the last year and maybe hope he signs a new deal in that time.

I still think he'll sign and maybe leave next summer where we get a better deal and fee.

Obviously would be happier if he signed a new long term deal, but it’s quite simple really if he doesn’t. 

Win EL next season, automatic pot 1 for CL, following year win that then he can go on a free with our blessings. Except of course he won’t want to so will sign a lifetime contract and in ten years we name the family stand after him after completing construction of the new trophy cabinet building.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Obviously would be happier if he signed a new long term deal, but it’s quite simple really if he doesn’t. 

Win EL next season, automatic pot 1 for CL, following year win that then he can go on a free with our blessings. Except of course he won’t want to so will sign a lifetime contract and in ten years we name the family stand after him after completing construction of the new trophy cabinet building.

If that happens we'll probably have glory hunter fans claiming he's not good enough for us....

On 02/06/2021 at 21:56, st albans fox said:

Which is why they say challenge the top 6 and not BE a big six club. It’s reliant on others underperforming and us over performing our respective budgets. That isn’t changing any time soon.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Re the Wilf or Youri debate I may upset a few as imo if you looked over the last 2 seasons, when playing, Wilf is more valuable/ would be missed more. Youri has been ever present and immense this season yes, however, I feel he was not great for quite a chunk of last season yet we adapted with options formations but when Wilfs absent I think we really struggle. 

Just my opinion mind and I 100% don't want to lose either!

I think Wilf is far more easily replaceable than Youri. The issue is we don’t have a Wilf replacement so it stands out a mile. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Which is why they say challenge the top 6 and not BE a big six club. It’s reliant on others underperforming and us over performing our respective budgets. That isn’t changing any time soon.

I agree but I do think KPs aim is to eventually get us to a position where we do have a significantly bigger self sufficient budget so we can be a “top 6” club rather than just challenge. I mean we may never reach Man City level but I think given 5-10 years we could easily have a budget matching Tottenham and arsenals. Given long enough I think we will be challenging regularly 

6 hours ago, Corky said:

He'll only leave if we're selling. If he doesn't sign a contract, it is up to us to decide whether to sell now for a good price or risk his contract running to the last year and maybe hope he signs a new deal in that time.

I still think he'll sign and maybe leave next summer where we get a better deal and fee.

lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Doesn't Soumare play further forward than Ndidi?

Do his defensive numbers even get close?

....tends to pick it up from the edge of our box and can carry to the option and release passes 30-40 yards out!!!

Does not have the vision, awareness or touch of Tielemans so not a replacement but better on the ball and as effective as Ndidi. As said before his pass is the pass before the assisted pass. We will be so solid in certain games and prevents us being over run as we tend to only play two in our midfield.

13 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Doesn't Soumare play further forward than Ndidi?

Do his defensive numbers even get close?

His defensive numbers are nowhere near Ndidi, Soumare is more box to box than defensive mid

Soumare

image.png.69062ab10c5c39536951bdc11eaf8546.png

Ndidi

image.png.3c709fd271a023f27e42c2ce5580467d.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Soumare isn't like Ndidi, isn't like Tielemans.  He's all about giving the squad a different quality in a starting-caliber player, someone whose skillset is distinct from anyone we currently have.  Doesn't do anything about our lack of attacking options though, even if Tielemans stays.

• Like 4

Don't want any of our top players to go. we must keep them and add quality and support to the team. Get rid of the players that need getting rid of. That should be the focus of the club! Especially with Barnes and JJ coming back but who knows how rusty they will be. Probably won't see the best of them until the new year. That means we have to build the squad like they didn't even exist sad as it seems. We got burnt this season thinking players like Ricky would hit the ground running when he clearly was off the pace for the large part. 

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

If Tielemans has to leave at any point I hope it is to a decent club in Europe and not the Scouse Victims or United. Scousers are unbearable. 

If it’s this Summer, it will be one of those you mentioned as everyone else except PSG is buggered, perhaps Bayern at a push I guess

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If it’s this Summer, it will be one of those you mentioned as everyone else except PSG is buggered, perhaps Bayern at a push I guess

Bayern being linked with Saul from Atletico however they want like £80m or something like that - but certainly in the market for a midfielder