Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

Just now, 4everfox said:

It's about time the club stopped selling to domestic rivals. We aren't competing to finish mid table these days, and it makes no sense to weaken ourselves and strengthen a rival with one transfer. I don't think it would be completely unreasonable to publicly rule out selling Youri to a English club for the reasons stated above. That would be a massive statement of intent. 

They spend the most money, you’d be happy to sell elsewhere for half the price? Take the wedge and use it wisely, that’s what’s got us here.

• Like 3

If Youri has decided he's 100% happy to stay at Leicester this summer then he'd probably want the new contract out the way before the Euro's start to put an end to any transfer speculation. The negotiations could already be well advanced by now 

16 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He hasn’t signed for another year to leave this summer! 

and these stories are coming from somewhere.....if he has  signed then where ??  It’s of no interest to youri’s camp to drip out links .....

Every player has a price, and as we know the longer he has on his contract the more value he has.

He may have signed for another year but he may change his mind and if we feel the price is right and have a replacement you never know.

Maybe we've agreed if he signs 1 more year but if an offer of £80m+ comes in and he fancies it we'll let him go.

Personally I don't think he's signed another year, what's he got to lose by waiting till after the euros, not like we're going to change our minds 

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Every player has a price, and as we know the longer he has on his contract the more value he has.

He may have signed for another year but he may change his mind and if we feel the price is right and have a replacement you never know.

Maybe we've agreed if he signs 1 more year but if an offer of £80m+ comes in and he fancies it we'll let him go.

Personally I don't think he's signed another year, what's he got to lose by waiting till after the euros, not like we're going to change our minds 

What if he picks up a bad injury ?  Of course its way more likely that he impresses and could elicit a big offer from someone like yanited who have the money. I can’t disagree with you 

6 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Other reporters find that he spreads a lot of misinformation, which I’m inclined to agree with when you dig a bit. 

Yeah Italian supporters claim he is a trash tier source. But there is often no smoke without fire.

The club still haven't announced who our player of the season is... might be because that player will also sign a new contract on the same day? That's what I think is going to happen, and in fact I am pretty sure the major details of the contract were already done a month ago, when the official club account posted a mysterious tweet saying "Youri Tielemans. That is all."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What if he picks up a bad injury ?  Of course its way more likely that he impresses and could elicit a big offer from someone like yanited who have the money. I can’t disagree with you 

I excepted when we didn't make CL, he was gone, if he stays it'll be because we've showed him through money and who we're going for those summer that the team can challenge again, ehatever happens next season will be as good as ever I'm sure 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Other reporters find that he spreads a lot of misinformation, which I’m inclined to agree with when you dig a bit. 

Didn't know that to be fair. I always thought fab stole stuff off him. Other way around clearly.

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They spend the most money, you’d be happy to sell elsewhere for half the price? Take the wedge and use it wisely, that’s what’s got us here.

I don't think we'd need to sell for half the price. We set the same price and sell to which foreign club pays it, and there are plenty of overseas clubs with a history of being stupid enough to pay Leicester prices, such as Real Madrid, PSG and Barcelona.

3 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

When it comes to Belgian players if it aint Kristof Terreur it aint worth reading

Quick, somebody tweet him to see if it's legit!!!

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

I don't think we'd need to sell for half the price. We set the same price and sell to which foreign club pays it, and there are plenty of overseas clubs with a history of being stupid enough to pay Leicester prices, such as Real Madrid, PSG and Barcelona.

That's three clubs who might pay that price, you have about 5 in this country alone who can do it. And if the players says he wants to go, what then? Keep an unhappy player? It's delaying the inevitable once you start down that road. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah Italian supporters claim he is a trash tier source. But there is often no smoke without fire.

The club still haven't announced who our player of the season is... might be because that player will also sign a new contract on the same day? That's what I think is going to happen, and in fact I am pretty sure the major details of the contract were already done a month ago, when the official club account posted a mysterious tweet saying "Youri Tielemans. That is all."

Yes they have?

https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/1395990811012173827?s=20

Edited by ealingfox
  • Thanks 1

If there is one player in the club that would go out of his way and get this done for "his club" then it would be Youri.

I can't see him messing the club around in such a precarious position transfer wise for his position and replacement.

37 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Nah you’re alright Colin. I kind of prefer Nico’s news to yours so think I’m going to side with him on this one!

• Haha 3