Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What a bargain that is

It is cheap but then most of the Italian clubs don't have the financial clout to ward off Premier league bids. 

That said, he's definitely got a sketchy injury record. 

Missed 13 games in 19/20, missed 12 games in 18/19, has had a fair few muscular issues with his legs, lots of niggly pulls and tweaks all over the shop. 

Be interesting to see how he holds up playing 9000mph Klopp football all year. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It is cheap but then most of the Italian clubs don't have the financial clout to ward off Premier league bids. 

That said, he's definitely got a sketchy injury record. 

Missed 13 games in 19/20, missed 12 games in 18/19, has had a fair few muscular issues with his legs, lots of niggly pulls and tweaks all over the shop. 

Be interesting to see how he holds up playing 9000mph Klopp football all year. 

Seems like he put his injury worries behind him this season, missed just 2 games through injury

Probably just end up like Keita though with Klopps football

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Liverpool have apparently bid the release clause for Lorenzo Pellegrini at Roma

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/saul-niguez-graham-potter-diego-simeone-premier-league-nuno-espirito-santo-b1862304.html

“Liverpool have made a £25.8m bid for Roma captain and Italy midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini, 24, according to Corriere dello Sport. The Reds are eyeing the 24-year-old as a replacement for out-of-contract Georginio Wijnaldum, 30, who is a target for Paris St Germain. Pellegrini stood out for Roma last season, scoring 11 goals and making nine assists, and is high on Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp’s priority list as he seeks to add attacking spark to his midfield.”

You'd assume if Liverpool get him, then they wouldn't bother with Youri. £26mill on with the Kounate £30mill is surely suggesting they can't afford or don't want Youri 

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Nightmare scenario would be him leaving towards the end of the window and we don't have time to replace him.

Well we have Soumare and KDH in that position that we didn't last season so I would argue that we already have. Never know but it could be the making of them, especially KDH.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Worst case scenario...the Dutch win the euros with Youri there star man 

Perhaps it will be a Belgium v Holland final and Youri scores 2 own goals, concedes 2 penalties and gets sent off, all in the first half?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Hmmm... that's not great news. Was hoping the contract had already been signed and sealed, but obviously that's not the case. Probably it's on the table waiting to be signed but he hasn't signed it yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Youri is one of the stand-out players at the Euros, and if so I can see another team making a move. Best hope really is that clubs are too broke to be able to afford him!

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Hmmm... that's not great news. Was hoping the contract had already been signed and sealed, but obviously that's not the case. Probably it's on the table waiting to be signed but he hasn't signed it yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Youri is one of the stand-out players at the Euros, and if so I can see another team making a move. Best hope really is that clubs are too broke to be able to afford him!

Can see Cameroon taking him out of Dutch hands some time before AFCON

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

In my opinion youri is in rarefied air and the list of clubs with the stature to attract him is short. 

Probably

Real madrid - broke

Barcelona - broke

Juventus - mega broke

Man city - possible

Man United - would have to sell pogba first you would have thought. 

Liverpool - possible

Chelsea - possible

Bayern munich - possible

Psg - possible 

You would hope that clubs of that magnitude would have their summer targets already in place after years of careful planning and scouting and won't be swayed by a one of tournament. 

Also unlike Mahrez he doesn't want out at any cost and is fairly settled in Leicestershire. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I would want us to spend big money on a replacement if Youri leaves we cannot afford to gamble on KDH.

Soumare? I know he's not exactly the same type of midfielder as Youri, but it's Youri's place in the team that he'll be considered for most. I agree with @Gerard - we're adding two CMs this summer in Soumare and KDH. If Youri leaves, we won't need any replacement, let alone an expensive one. I'd much sooner get the RW or CB we need.

• Like 1