Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

17 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I would want us to spend big money on a replacement if Youri leaves we cannot afford to gamble on KDH.

He's become our most important player, there aren't many around with his skill set but I'd want us to try and get someone in who's got incredible potential. KDH will keep improving but it would be ridiculous to put all our hope and faith in him being on the same level as Tielemans and without that we struggle to compete for top 6 again.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's become our most important player, there aren't many around with his skill set but I'd want us to try and get someone in who's got incredible potential. KDH will keep improving but it would be ridiculous to put all our hope and faith in him being on the same level as Tielemans and without that we struggle to compete for top 6 again.

If he goes( which I doubt) we play a different way. We have tried to play the Man.City way with patchy results. Solid defending and then fast breakouts from Barnes and ,hopefully Soumaré and Édouard, is the way to go. I don't therefore see a regular role for Maddison in that set up. That method has long been employed by Atletico and has made them competitive against the much richer Real and Barcelona. Its been noticeable to me that we don't move well enough off the ball to play possession football to the standard of Man.City so why keep trying. Even then Chelsea have shown how that style of football can be undermined and defeated.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If he goes( which I doubt) we play a different way. We have tried to play the Man.City way with patchy results. Solid defending and then fast breakouts from Barnes and ,hopefully Soumaré and Édouard, is the way to go. I don't therefore see a regular role for Maddison in that set up. That method has long been employed by Atletico and has made them competitive against the much richer Real and Barcelona. Its been noticeable to me that we don't move well enough off the ball to play possession football to the standard of Man.City so why keep trying. Even then Chelsea have shown how that style of football can be undermined and defeated.

Aouar would be an interesting replacement for Tielemans or Jean Pyrre from Gremio. There's other classy central midfielders around. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

He's got 2 years left - any offers coming in as late as late July have to be a flat no.

so if he doesn't sign a new deal then we have to sell him next summer for a low fee (one year left) or perhaps allow him to go the following summer for nowt ??

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If he goes( which I doubt) we play a different way.

And there's the rub. He's our lynchpin. People seem to forget that good teams either take time to blend in together or cost a fortune - in the latter case hoping that exceptional technical skill and spatial awareness will produce an 'instant' formula-for-success. He's a critical player at a critical time for 'project Leicester'.

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

He's got 2 years left - any offers coming in as late as late July have to be a flat no.

If he comes back to a massive bid from a massive club and he's saying he wants out, I doubt we'll keep an unhappy player. We'll be working behind the scenes to identify who we want to replace him and if they are available. 

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If he comes back to a massive bid from a massive club and he's saying he wants out, I doubt we'll keep an unhappy player. We'll be working behind the scenes to identify who we want to replace him and if they are available. 

We're just like Brentford with a higher place on the totem pole. Not a bad thing. Better than being owned by oil sheiks or Asset strippers.

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

In my opinion youri is in rarefied air and the list of clubs with the stature to attract him is short. 

Probably

Real madrid - broke

Barcelona - broke

Juventus - mega broke

Man city - possible

Man United - would have to sell pogba first you would have thought. 

Liverpool - possible

Chelsea - possible

Bayern munich - possible

Psg - possible 

You would hope that clubs of that magnitude would have their summer targets already in place after years of careful planning and scouting and won't be swayed by a one of tournament. 

Also unlike Mahrez he doesn't want out at any cost and is fairly settled in Leicestershire. 

Madrid and Barcelona have always been “broke” but that’s never stopped them from paying absurd fees and wages. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

does anyone have any concrete news

All we know for sure is contractual negotiations are ongoing, and unlikely to be resolved until after the European Championships.

The fact negotiations are ongoing suggests Tielemans is interested in extending his contract. But he'll have a stronger hand if he has an excellent tournament so makes sense from his perspective to wait, rather than agree a deal now. 

5 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Madrid and Barcelona have always been “broke” but that’s never stopped them from paying absurd fees and wages. 

If you have a revenue of over 700m then people will always lend you money

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Aouar would be an interesting replacement for Tielemans or Jean Pyrre from Gremio. There's other classy central midfielders around. 

Every window Aouar doesn't go to Man City, PSG, Chelsea or Madrid seems weird. Not sure why there's not been a bit of a run on him yet. 

• Like 1