Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

Liverpool are such c****, I thought they were genuinely sorry when the same used dodgy ways to get VVD from Southampton. They now doing the same with our Tielemans, putting out statements to journalists that they want him so badly and Klopp really admires him. It's surly going to unsettle him and he must be thinking he will get 3 times as much in salary and a cut of the transfer fee. 

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Liverpool are such c****, I thought they were genuinely sorry when the same used dodgy ways to get VVD from Southampton. They now doing the same with our Tielemans, putting out statements to journalists that they want him so badly and Klopp really admires him. It's surly going to unsettle him and he must be thinking he will get 3 times as much in salary and a cut of the transfer fee. 

I don't think any team is particularly innocent of this. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

It was a similar thing with Fofana. All major clubs do it. Tielemans is a big fish in our pond but he would, by no means be that at at Bayern, Barcelona , Liverpool etc. As I  have said though, if he goes , best of luck Youri, and we move on. We have enough talented players, with hopefully more to come , to remain a major force.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

You really think they need to leak stuff to get their message to YT ?

that’s why he has an agent !!

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Another Liverpool link to a Gini Wijnaldum replacement. 

Neuhaus, Bissouma, Pellegrini...

All at least £20m cheaper than Youri as well, I think they will go for someone else because they wont be willing to match our asking price

Just now, moore_94 said:

All at least £20m cheaper than Youri as well, I think they will go for someone else because they wont be willing to match our asking price

My thoughts too. They'll go for someone who they can get a bit cheaper both wage and fee. 

Youri signs a new deal and we agree to let him leave for X/Y figure should it come in. 

5 hours ago, JJS84 said:

Yeah i get that. but it is an experience in his life, and he wont just have forgot that his previous move didn't work as he had planned. but i appreciate that he will be supremely confident after the couple of years he's had with us, and will no doubt think he can hold down a place in any of the European elite first teams 

...incidents do leave a scar or a memory that is recalled unexpectedly without being involved in the situation in which it previously occurred!!!

O'Neil never forgot the abuse he received in that match against Sheffield and even after later success it still rankles and leaves a bitter taste. You are a product of your experiences, moreover how you dealt with them, and Youri, like the same as all of us, will be prone to some self doubt.

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Youri is nothing like Gini, I don’t get the comparison at all. Youri is Thiago like? Nothing like gini wijnaldum. 

Exactly lol. I can't imagine youri playing that gini role ever. He'd be gassed 

• Haha 1

On 10/06/2021 at 09:52, Raw Dykes said:

Soumare? I know he's not exactly the same type of midfielder as Youri, but it's Youri's place in the team that he'll be considered for most. I agree with @Gerard - we're adding two CMs this summer in Soumare and KDH. If Youri leaves, we won't need any replacement, let alone an expensive one. I'd much sooner get the RW or CB we need.

We could just spend the money we sell Youri for and replace him with that, wouldn’t change our budget for a winger if anything would probably give us more as we’d probably spend half of the Youri money on a replacement 

4 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

We could just spend the money we sell Youri for and replace him with that, wouldn’t change our budget for a winger if anything would probably give us more as we’d probably spend half of the Youri money on a replacement 

We could do that, but as things stand now, it seems to me we've got Youri, Soumare (probably) and KDH all competing for the same place in the team. Perhaps Soumare can also cover Wilf, but I don't think that is his preferred position. If we did sell Youri, I'd rather we got in a winger or two and a CB than try to replace him. I think those are higher priorities with Soumare (probably) and KDH added to the squad already.

I do understand that people will be concerned that Soumare and KDH can't be relied on to be as good as Youri has been, and I agree with that. Still, I think we'd benefit more from sorting our winger/wide forward options out and adding an experienced alternative to Evans, than getting in another CM on top of Soumare and KDH. I think the advantages of adding a couple of good wingers to the squad outweighs a perhaps slight downgrade on Youri by replacing him with Soumare. RW has been our weak spot for a long time now, and we've got to a point where Barnes being unavailable forces us to forego wingers entirely.

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

We could do that, but as things stand now, it seems to me we've got Youri, Soumare (probably) and KDH all competing for the same place in the team. Perhaps Soumare can also cover Wilf, but I don't think that is his preferred position. If we did sell Youri, I'd rather we got in a winger or two and a CB than try to replace him. I think those are higher priorities with Soumare (probably) and KDH added to the squad already.

I do understand that people will be concerned that Soumare and KDH can't be relied on to be as good as Youri has been, and I agree with that. Still, I think we'd benefit more from sorting our winger/wide forward options out and adding an experienced alternative to Evans, than getting in another CM on top of Soumare and KDH. I think the advantages of adding a couple of good wingers to the squad outweighs a perhaps slight downgrade on Youri by replacing him with Soumare. RW has been our weak spot for a long time now, and we've got to a point where Barnes being unavailable forces us to forego wingers entirely.

Deffo understand that mate! let’s hope we keep Youri and get a winger in and don’t have to compromise either way, the lack of winger links is worrying though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Deffo understand that mate! let’s hope we keep Youri and get a winger in and don’t have to compromise either way, the lack of winger links is worrying though

Pereira is available but you know, it won't be cheap. What I want to see is the colour of our money.

37 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Pereira is available but you know, it won't be cheap. What I want to see is the colour of our money.

What’s the colour of money? What’s the colour of money? Don’t tell me that you think it’s green, me, I know it’s red

Edited by MPH

6 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I don't think our negotiating team would get mugged off by the likes of Liverpool . They want him they pay our price not some  fee they suggest

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

What’s the colour of money? What’s the colour of money? Don’t tell me that you think it’s green, me, I know it’s red

Sort of crimson, pinky, orange and W.B.A. want six hundred thousand of them.

On 05/06/2021 at 12:03, Sly said:

Calhanoglu is being touted for Liverpool. He’d be a free transfer, so if that happens, I can’t see them dropping £90,000,000 on another centre mid. 

Maybe we sell Youri for 90 & get Hakan Çalhanoğlu for free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

.. cannot understand anyone believing that substituting Youri with Soumare is in anyway an acceptable trade off!!!

If anything we should be looking to build the team around him as down playing what he brings to our team. 

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. cannot understand anyone believing that substituting Youri with Soumare is in anyway an acceptable trade off!!!

If anything we should be looking to build the team around him as down playing what he brings to our team. 

Yeah. That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying if we were to sell Youri, I'd have a midfield of Ndidi, Soumare and Maddison if it meant we had a good RW, another good backup winger and another experienced CB.

Out of interest, who would you realistically replace Youri with if he leaves?

59 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Yeah. That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying if we were to sell Youri, I'd have a midfield of Ndidi, Soumare and Maddison if it meant we had a good RW, another good backup winger and another experienced CB.

Out of interest, who would you realistically replace Youri with if he leaves?

....Jean Pyerre could take up the position but he is not as good as Tielemans!!!

He has an eye  for a pass and can deliver on a sixpence. Although more an attacking midfielder he could pull the strings for us should Your not be available.

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Not sure Youri really suits their style anyway. Their style just demands runners in midfield. One of the reasons that Thiago looks out of place in their team.

• Like 1