Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

Guest SO1

Well now I know which thread to avoid this summer to keep me from losing my mind. I will say that if he is leaving than this should be a orchestrated event between him and the club. As this being the expected end game before the beginning of last season. I'm going to wait and see what happens before I let any emotional diatribes or drama pollute the forum. Trying to think good thoughts.

:youri:Love Ya

23 hours ago, Bert said:

Makes me sick the amount of people happy to turn their back on their country. It’s embarrassing. 

Snowflake. lol

I have mixed heritage and will shortly be a dual national, so I have a few international teams I support, with various levels of enthusiasm. Sorry.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, glenny_fox said:

Don't know how reliable this guy is, but thought I'd post to stoke the fires some more.

I can't see Liverpool paying the money we'd want though.

Liverpool fans think Edwards will pull another master stroke on this - they won't pay a minimum of 70m which is his value to us.

7 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Snowflake. lol

I have mixed heritage and will shortly be a dual national, so I have a few international teams I support, with various levels of enthusiasm. Sorry.

Think you’ve missed the point 

24 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Not going anywhere. Will be with us next season. 

it would take a bid of around £90 million to prize him away and nobody is paying that this transfer window. Simple. 

Two years left, a lot of power is with the player. More realistic is the £65-£75m bracket. As next summer we’ll be lucky to get £40m.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Two years left, a lot of power is with the player. More realistic is the £65-£75m bracket. As next summer we’ll be lucky to get £40m.

I reckon we'd roll the dice unless we get 70m.

Starting to feel like which know which way this is heading though.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Think you’ve missed the point 

oh, ok. I thought it was all getting a bit blood and soil, but perhaps that is me unfairly jumping to conclusions. I apologise.

I remember the Tebbit test which was pretty divisive in it's day, but I guess you weren't actually making a grand political point. I remember the Leicester branch of the Man U fan club in the early 80's, and they were an affront to football decency, so I do recognise the feeling of treachery!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

oh, ok. I thought it was all getting a bit blood and soil, but perhaps that is me unfairly jumping to conclusions. I apologise.

I remember the Tebbit test which was pretty divisive in it's day, but I guess you weren't actually making a grand political point. I remember the Leicester branch of the Man U fan club in the early 80's, and they were an affront to football decency, so I do recognise the feeling of treachery!

If you’ve got dual heritage and have always cheered/supported for those nations I can’t fault that. It’s them that have supported England with blood and guts but now actively want them to lose and would rather see another nation do better that boils my piss. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

After claiming he'd signed a new contract yesterday Sam Martin appears to be climbing down from the hill upon which he sat on 🤣🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

After claiming he'd signed a new contract yesterday Sam Martin appears to be climbing down from the hill upon which he sat on 🤣🤣🤣

Absolute chancer that’s why 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Bert said:

Absolute chancer that’s why 

If you were properly in the know you would not be posting things consistently under your own name. I presume he's just trying make a name for himself in fpl.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If you were properly in the know you would not be posting things consistently under your own name. I presume he's just trying make a name for himself in fpl.

It's a parody, isn't it? A play on journo Martin Samuel of the daily mail. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

You not hearing me blud?  He ain’t goin nowhere innit fam. I sed ma piece bro. U can take it to da bank. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Don’t think so. He was on here not so long ago promoting his podcast I’m sure. Pretty sure it’s him as himself

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He gets the team right but not through any info, it’s some sort of portal. Absolutely trying to make a name for himself. The bullshit he’s came out with for the last two matches why he didn’t have the team were comical. I know as well as you know that no one in that dressing room is leaking the team on a game by game basis. 

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

No, I know people that actually know him. That’s his real name. 

We simply wouldn’t let him go unless we had a ready replacement. Soumare is another piece in our armoury he’s no replacement..... I can’t see this happening in a million years, not this season anyway. And the figure would be obscene. £100+million. 

33 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

yeah i saw that too, he certainly seems to be a credit source of late tbf

I can't see the club sanctioning a 3 year deal as it leaves no wriggle room if something goes wrong and we end up unable to sell for pittance. I can only see the powers that be signing a 4 year deal minimum.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I can't see the club sanctioning a 3 year deal as it leaves no wriggle room if something goes wrong and we end up unable to sell for pittance. I can only see the powers that be signing a 4 year deal minimum.

Makes no sense, they’d snap his bloody hand off. Yeah sure 4 is better, but at this stage it’s about protecting his value because he WILL be off at some point. You can’t let it get down to one year left,* so you either cash in now or extend a year and cash in next summer.

*Our tactic is selling high and reinvesting in a few players. Leaving it to one season means we’d be lucky to get our money back.

• Like 1

Been going on too long.

He’s ready to step up to champions league football. If PSG, Bayern, etc offer CL football surely he’ll be gone.

We can offer experience as captain. And more cash, maybe. With an extra year, in the hope we get CL football.

4 hours ago, AS78UK said:

Liverpool ready surprise transfer approach for Leicester hero as Foxes secure signing of €25m star

Date published: Wednesday 26th May 2021 2:47 - James Marshment

Jamie Vardy, James Maddison, Youri Tielemans, Leicester

Liverpool are reported to be preparing a move to sign Leicester favourite Youri Tielemans amid claims the Belgian star has emerged as their No 1 target to replace Georginio Wijnaldum in their midfield.

Tielemans, 24, has been sensational for the Foxes ever since arriving from Monaco in January 2019. His first six months at the King Power Stadium were on loan before permanent terms were signed in July 2019. And the Belgium international has become a vital fixture in the side.

He has started 37 of 38 Premier League appearances this season, scoring six goals. And he has already enjoyed 108 outings in all competitions, finding the net on 17 occasions.

But there is much more to his game than just goals, with the former Anderlecht star registering four assists this term. Tielemans was already highly rated at the club and throughout European football.

But his stunning Wembley strike in the FA Cup final against Chelsea seems to have ramped up interest even further. His goal saw the East Midlanders lift the famous trophy for the first time in their history.

Indeed, reports in Belgian last week claimed he was the subject of interest from Liverpool.

Now Het Nieuwsblad claim Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards has stepped up his pursuit for Tielemans. That comes following confirmation of Wijnaldum’s departure, with his next move now agreed.

Landing Tielemans of course will not come easy.

The talented midfielder is currently under contract until the summer of 2023. But it was reported back in April that the Leicester money men were keen to extend his deal.

They want to tie him down until 2025 and raise his release clause to £80m to protect their prized asset. With finances tight in the football world, that figure might just do the trick.

However, he is yet to sign that deal which leaves Leicester vulnerable to his sale. Furthermore, the player is said to be keen to play at the highest level. And with Leicester having narrowly missed out on a Champions League, Liverpool could be well placed to cash in.

Tielemans, it’s reported, is settled at Leicester. But the Flemish newspaper claims he would find an approach from Liverpool difficult to resist.

Bidding for Tielemans is likely to start at £40m.

nice ‘ press release’ by the agent. That’s another 10 grand a week on his extension.