Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

Guest Chocolate Teapot
46 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

No way he'd want to take that much of a step-down. 

And who in their right mind would move away from the high-life he's living at Leicester? Shopping at Beaumont Leys, Fosse Park, Highcross and Haymarket? And Leicester market too? World renowned mate.

To be honest around Piedmont is meant to be pretty rubbish.

I knew it all along, obviously. Now give him a new deal please and the captains armband. 5yr deal just under £200k p/w, and use his 'fee' on some of the half dozen other positions needs in the squad.

Edited by UHDrive
Factual

The Daily Star has a little article about us pulling out all the stops to try and keep him by offering him a 4 year 150k a week deal when he returns from the Euros that will put him on par with Kasper,Vards and Madders

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

The Daily Star has a little article about us pulling out all the stops to try and keep him by offering him a 4 year 150k a week deal when he returns from the Euros that will put him on par with Kasper,Vards and Madders

The deal we gave Maddison is shocking. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dbtcity said:

It's the next step -- if you can’t spend 60 million+ on a player, you have to at least start paying your star players big packets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Think it's going to take more than to be on par with kasper and vardy I would have thought 

Edited by splinterdream

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Vardy and Kasper are on £140-£150k a week

Maddison is on £110k a week

I think he's worth more than that. Id go for £180k (ish) p/w on a 5 year deal just to raise the selling fee assuming that next summer the pandemic has gone and European clubs have more cash flow. I think he's earnt it too as he manages the flow of the game in terms of speed and right to left and left to right play.

9 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

And replace him with who?

Countinho, Pereira, Ziyech etc there are cheaper options but equally, when Barnes is back we may not even have room for an AM.

I can’t see it happening and I wouldn’t proactively look to sell but for that money I wouldn’t be worried like I would if Youri, Wilf, Barnes, JJ, Evans, Kasper were to leave.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Countinho, Pereira, Ziyech etc there are cheaper options but equally, when Barnes is back we may not even have room for an AM.

I can’t see it happening and I wouldn’t proactively look to sell but for that money I wouldn’t be worried like I would if Youri, Wilf, Barnes, JJ, Evans, Kasper were to leave.

If Barnes is back. 

Giving Youri a huge wage increase makes sense for us.

Besides the fact that we get to keep hold of him. It’s likely we’re only going to be paying him whatever it is for one season. 

Also, the more we give him, the more likely he will be to sign for an extra 2 years rather than 1. 

It’ll raise his transfer fee too. Only the true huge clubs will be able to come in for him; and we can absolutely rinse them (knowing they can pay). 

• Like 1