Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Soooo no news then

Fully expecting the update to be "Leicester are still in talks with Tielemans representatives over a new deal, however there is still interest from Liverpool" or something along those lines

He’s not going anywhere…… 

1. It would have to be an epic bid

2. It’s likely to a late in the window as he is probably on leave for a bit now

3. We are likely to reject any bids meaning the amount of time left to negotiate a deal would be minimal.

He won’t go this season, but we’ve probably had a sit down with him and said we will listen to offers next summer if we fail to make the top 4 again.

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Fully expecting the update to be "Leicester are still in talks with Tielemans representatives over a new deal, however there is still interest from Liverpool" or something along those lines

With Liverpool supposedly in for Renato Sanches, hopefully they're not interested

We are going to have to come up with 7 million a year to get him to sign. I assume we are all OK with that. That's the thing , with improved contracts for other players our wage bill is going to skyrocket.

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

With Liverpool supposedly in for Renato Sanches, hopefully they're not interested

They seem to jump around with the news about who Liverpool are after, went from Bissouma to Youri to Neuhaus to Pellegrini to Sanches

So I imagine he is probably still on their radar

Just now, An Sionnach said:

We are going to have to come up with 7 million a year to get him to sign. I assume we are all OK with that. That's the thing , with improved contracts for other players our wage bill is going to skyrocket.

£135k a week? I am fully expecting him to end up on closer to £9m a year (£175k a week) possibly £10m

Certainly going to end up being our highest paid player I have no doubts about that

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"The situation with Leicester" just doesn't fill me with confidence

It’s what all these “ITK” people do, it’s non-commitment language that those spirit mediums use. They curate their Twitter and delete shite calls to keep up their facade. 

2 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

It’s what all these “ITK” people do, it’s non-commitment language that those spirit mediums use. They curate their Twitter and delete shite calls to keep up their facade. 

Fabs word is gospel.

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s not going anywhere…… 

1. It would have to be an epic bid

2. It’s likely to a late in the window as he is probably on leave for a bit now

3. We are likely to reject any bids meaning the amount of time left to negotiate a deal would be minimal.

He won’t go this season, but we’ve probably had a sit down with him and said we will listen to offers next summer if we fail to make the top 4 again.

If he doesn't sign a new deal then next summer he would only have a year left which would massively reduce how much we could ask for him. Hopefully we can convince him to sign a new deal and like you say, tell him we will listen to offers next summer if we don't make champs league. If he won't sign a new deal then we may be forced to sell him this summer while we can still get a decent fee for him. 

Guest SO1
34 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

So Tanner has no idea, huh?

Exactly. I wasted my time watching that. Not a single thing on that whole(full length) podcast that I didn't learn from Foxestalk. Don't know what all the hype is about him(Tanner).

Edited by SO1

3 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

So Tanner has no idea, huh?

Pretty much the same as anyone else at this point (or when the interview took place last week and Youri was at the Euro's). It was good to hear about the positive words from his advisor though.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Surely that would stop any of this nonsense about Youri to Liverpool?

They seem to be putting interest out for a lot of different midfielders (Youri, Neuhaus, Pellegrini, Sanches, and now Saul)

I don’t think there was ever any strong interest from them in Youri, just that he was probably 1 name on a long list of players there were looking at and were probably scared off the instant we told them how much we want

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They seem to be putting interest out for a lot of different midfielders (Youri, Neuhaus, Pellegrini, Sanches, and now Saul)

I don’t think there was ever any strong interest from them in Youri, just that he was probably 1 name on a long list of players there were looking at and were probably scared off the instant we told them how much we want

I think the Maguire saga was a key. We told ManU 80 million at the beginning of the summer, and they whittled us down to 80 million by the end of the window. Clubs know it isn't worth trying to haggle with us. (Last year with Chilwell I think was a COVID blip).

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

From what I can see the American people are lovers of stats and facts in sport. American sports journalists and pundits are always shit hot on stats. They talk about stats throughout the game, giving insightful information on tactics, etc. It seems that in the UK people are more easily pleased by trashy nonsense in the papers and cliché riddled commentating which is cringeworthy when compared to the professionalism of American sports pundits. I guess journalists get less access to players and staff when it's a given that they will cherry pick information and write it in a way which is designed to generate as many clicks as possible - not necessarily to give the best factual insight into a situation. I can't imagine the club are looking to let in the same type of Daily Mail shit-stirrers who hawked Maddison on holiday last week. And look at Stringer getting banned from the KP - because he was abusing his job as a journalist. 

So I guess our journalists don't do enough to endear themselves to clubs to get that level of access, imo. 

You make a good point. Even the broadsheets are pretty bad here. As an American living in the UK, I have to tell all my friends sharing all manner of BS stories on social media that, no, it's just The Daily Mail, and not true. The New York Post, and to a lesser extent the Daily News, are the only comparable tabloid papers in the U.S. -- our other tabloids only cover celebrities or alien invasions.

• Like 3

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I can't imagine the club are looking to let in the same type of Daily Mail shit-stirrers who hawked Maddison on holiday last week. And look at Stringer getting banned from the KP - because he was abusing his job as a journalist. 

As an addendum, I remember a reporter from one of the Dallas papers getting pretty much run out of town for that kind of shit-stirring. He ended up trying to do a newsletter by fax for subscribers. It failed.

I think that since sports media is so localized in the States, and that there are usually other sport alternatives (in the States, you usually follow all your town's teams, unlike here, where people generally seem to follow other the Foxes or Tigers), a symbiosis seems to develop. You won't generate bad blood by reporting news, even bad or personal news, but you will get barred for reporting unsubstantiated (by U.S. journalism ethics code) rumors.

In the UK people read the nationals more than the local paper, so the teams don't have to generate that kind of relationship with the local press.

• Like 2

Local reporting has died a death in the UK. It's funny, I read a book written by a Nottingham (don't moan) writer about the relationship he built with Clough because he got to know him and was truthful. They're now so desperate for clicks, with their bloody awful websites filled with ads, that they spin any old nonsense. 

Years ago, I worked briefly with the sports section of a big local rag - I'm sure Geoff would probably know - and the nonsense they'd chase, rather than actual stories, was incredible. The way they behaved was just not professional at all. Just a lad's wind up club. 

• Like 3