Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

7 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

You make a good point. Even the broadsheets are pretty bad here. As an American living in the UK, I have to tell all my friends sharing all manner of BS stories on social media that, no, it's just The Daily Mail, and not true. The New York Post, and to a lesser extent the Daily News, are the only comparable tabloid papers in the U.S. -- our other tabloids only cover celebrities or alien invasions.

If you’re having to tell people that the stories in The Daily Mail aren’t true, I’d say you’re fighting a losing battle already. 

Most of us know the rags print utter bullsh!t.

Also, referring to your earlier post about ‘stats and insights to plays’… most American sports are naturally stat based, because of the format they’re played in. They actually have ‘plays’ and aren’t anywhere as near as fluid as football is.

I’m not knocking you (or American sports), it’s just that they are completely different to football. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

If you’re having to tell people that the stories in The Daily Mail aren’t true, I’d say you’re fighting a losing battle already. 

Most of us know the rags print utter bullsh!t.

Also, referring to your earlier post about ‘stats and insights to plays’… most American sports are naturally stat based, because of the format they’re played in. They actually have ‘plays’ and aren’t anywhere as near as fluid as football is.

I’m not knocking you (or American sports), it’s just that they are completely different to football. 

Are you sure about “most of us”? 

I get plenty of Daily Mail articles sent to me from Brits in the UK and in the States. 

It’s got the 3rd-highest readership of all the daily papers, just behind The S*n. 

Hell, the Maddison thread on this very forum exploded because of a steaming pile of sh*t from the Daily Mail. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, The_77 said:

Are you sure about “most of us”? 

I get plenty of Daily Mail articles sent to me from Brits in the UK and in the States. 

It’s got the 3rd-highest readership of all the daily papers, just behind The S*n. 

Hell, the Maddison thread on this very forum exploded because of a steaming pile of sh*t from the Daily Mail. 

Aye the paper is bad. But it exists because people buy it. In droves. Unless the rest of the UK does what Liverpool did with the sun, the country's journalism will always be utter trash with scum paparazzi.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Aye the paper is bad. But it exists because people buy it. In droves. Unless the rest of the UK does what Liverpool did with the sun, the country's journalism will always be utter trash with scum paparazzi.

Worse than that, the general 'thinking' they promote gets absolutely everywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Worse than that, the general 'thinking' they promote gets absolutely everywhere. 

It's a vicious circle.

These publications will argue they're giving the public what they want but not sure that's true - they appeal to people's anxieties and worst instincts, so that creates the demand and then people engage with it, so the publications pump out more of this and so on. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

It's a vicious circle.

These publications will argue they're giving the public what they want but not sure that's true - they appeal to people's anxieties and worst instincts, so that creates the demand and then people engage with it, so the publications pump out more of this and so on. 

The demographics show that newspapers are overwhelming read by old people . In fact the day of the printed national press is coming to and end. The internet is the main source of information now. There is, in truth, no independent , objective news outlet . I, personally believe nothing until it becomes a recognised fact. We can speculate of course because it makes good conversation but we should not base that on anything misreported in these outlets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

TITS, though HighPeak. TITS.

TITS pushed against James Maddison. And while you're here, Viscount Rothermere wants you to read about some people he hates.

The Daily Mail gets you horny. Then it gets you angry. It's the newspaper version of an angry ****.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Haha 3

No update on his contract until he is back from his holiday

https://www.anfieldwatch.co.uk/exclusive-fabrizio-romano-on-the-situation-of-reported-reds-target-youri-tielemans/

However, football journalist Fabrizio Romano has exclusively told Anfield Watch that Leicester City will not be selling Tielemans on the cheap this summer.

Romano also said that Leicester City are in the process of offering Tielemans a new contract.

“In the case of players like Tielemans, it is complicated because Leicester are offering him a new contract,” Romano told Anfield Watch.

“The player is now on holiday, he wants to wait. He will decide about his future when he returns.

“But, signing Tielemans, not just for Liverpool, but for any club this summer, means spending a lot of money. I think more than €50-60 million.

“It is not easy [for most clubs to sign Tielemans] this summer [because of Leicester’s asking price].”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I read the Mail On Sunday a few years back - the m-i-l used to read it. It was near enough 100 pages of negativity - who was taking advantage of the state, who was cheating on their partner, who was showing the most flesh, who needed sacking in the Government and what was the latest food or lifestyle you had to avoid. 

It's written for people who resent, who are envious and who think they are repressed - reading it makes them justified in their frustrations at people who appear to be experiencing positive emotions.

fixed it 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, gerblod said:

I read the Mail On Sunday a few years back - the m-i-l used to read it. It was near enough 100 pages of negativity - who was taking advantage of the state, who was cheating on their partner, who was showing the most flesh, who needed sacking in the Government and what was the latest food or lifestyle you had to avoid. 

It's written for people who resent, who are envious and who are repressed - reading it makes them justified in their frustrations at people who appear to be experiencing positive emotions.

And precisely the sort of writing you see exhibited on the matchday thread, be it for Leicester or England.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wouldn’t sell unless the fee is enormous £70m plus.

I honestly don’t think we could replace him with a player as good.

For me even if he doesn’t sign a new contract I wouldn’t sell him, I’d rather loose him for nothing in two years time. Crazy I know but he is class.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, tetly said:

I wouldn’t sell unless the fee is enormous £70m plus.

I honestly don’t think we could replace him with a player as good.

For me even if he doesn’t sign a new contract I wouldn’t sell him, I’d rather loose him for nothing in two years time. Crazy I know but he is class.

Yes I think it would be crazy . Holding players against their will rarely ends well 

On 08/07/2021 at 17:41, fox_up_north said:

Local reporting has died a death in the UK. It's funny, I read a book written by a Nottingham (don't moan) writer about the relationship he built with Clough because he got to know him and was truthful. They're now so desperate for clicks, with their bloody awful websites filled with ads, that they spin any old nonsense. 

Years ago, I worked briefly with the sports section of a big local rag - I'm sure Geoff would probably know - and the nonsense they'd chase, rather than actual stories, was incredible. The way they behaved was just not professional at all. Just a lad's wind up club. 

Journalism as we know has died of death.  It's "report the official narrative" or you won't have a job!

Tielemans isn't going if he isn't dealing with his contract until after his holidays, because the only contract to be dealt with is between the club and him. If the club are relaxed and not scouring for no8 players then there's nothing to worry about. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Tielemans isn't going if he isn't dealing with his contract until after his holidays, because the only contract to be dealt with is between the club and him. If the club are relaxed and not scouring for no8 players then there's nothing to worry about. 

The “I’m on holiday” stuff if just delaying tactics. It could have been sorted anytime in the last year. He’s delaying it like he delayed signing, he’s waiting to see if any offers materialise and that’s his prerogative.

• Like 2

If Youri wants to go, and if we can get 60 mill, I'd let him. He will be an outstanding addition for Liverpool, and we can add another replacement if need be, though we need to find room for two starting MFs, if we keep Praet. Which we should. Youri has been great for us, if he wants CL w a team talented enough to win it all, let him go. Frankly, I think we should try to sell one or two big players, shake up the club, replace these players for less expensive versions, then target quality depth as the trade window shrinks and teams planning to finance their summer spends from sales get desperate. THIS is the offseason to get some deals, with there not being much money around, and if we simply look to add, wI worry the club will be a bit stale. Took a lot to get into top-4 contention the last two seasons, we will be prioritizing Europa to an extent I suspect, league form may be a bit more raggedy.

Frankly, I think we should be ultra-aggressive, and even be willing to spend most of next season's transfer kitty now if deals present themselves. You buy when things are on sale. If that will be too much of an influx, shop for next season now. Let players stay the season elsewhere, give them some money to spend now, and we get the player one year more seasoned. I know this is somewhat imperfect, but there are going to be opportunities. Non-Prem sides are going to be desperate. Let's exploit. If someone wants to drop dumb money on Soyuncu as well, like Pep, and we can get 50 mill or so, and he wants to go, f'ing let him. Take the 30 mill in profit and buy a new CB and then go shopping w the rest. Or find a nice couple prospects from Man City, do the American thing if it makes sense, players for players, makeweight, whatever. We need a bit more experience in, we need winners, but we also could do with upgrading at several spots. Most importantly, we need to figure out the attack on the RW.

We are doing great so far, but I hope we look to snag some younger talent as well for the future, teams are so desperate for cash, they may part with precious players early just to raise some cash. We are the big dogs now, relative to 95%+ of the teams out there. Fuching time to bark.

16 minutes ago, vanity said:

If Youri wants to go, and if we can get 60 mill, I'd let him. He will be an outstanding addition for Liverpool, and we can add another replacement if need be, though we need to find room for two starting MFs, if we keep Praet. Which we should. Youri has been great for us, if he wants CL w a team talented enough to win it all, let him go. Frankly, I think we should try to sell one or two big players, shake up the club, replace these players for less expensive versions, then target quality depth as the trade window shrinks and teams planning to finance their summer spends from sales get desperate. THIS is the offseason to get some deals, with there not being much money around, and if we simply look to add, wI worry the club will be a bit stale. Took a lot to get into top-4 contention the last two seasons, we will be prioritizing Europa to an extent I suspect, league form may be a bit more raggedy.

Frankly, I think we should be ultra-aggressive, and even be willing to spend most of next season's transfer kitty now if deals present themselves. You buy when things are on sale. If that will be too much of an influx, shop for next season now. Let players stay the season elsewhere, give them some money to spend now, and we get the player one year more seasoned. I know this is somewhat imperfect, but there are going to be opportunities. Non-Prem sides are going to be desperate. Let's exploit. If someone wants to drop dumb money on Soyuncu as well, like Pep, and we can get 50 mill or so, and he wants to go, f'ing let him. Take the 30 mill in profit and buy a new CB and then go shopping w the rest. Or find a nice couple prospects from Man City, do the American thing if it makes sense, players for players, makeweight, whatever. We need a bit more experience in, we need winners, but we also could do with upgrading at several spots. Most importantly, we need to figure out the attack on the RW.

We are doing great so far, but I hope we look to snag some younger talent as well for the future, teams are so desperate for cash, they may part with precious players early just to raise some cash. We are the big dogs now, relative to 95%+ of the teams out there. Fuching time to bark.

What the...

It's not easy to replace Tielemans for one, also, only 60 million?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1