Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

https://www.voetbal24.be/news/71333/tielemans-is-akkoord-en-maakt-zo-goed-als-zeker-supertransfer-van-75-miljoen

Good to see it’s not just England which is full of garbage reporting

They haven’t even quoted the player or their source it’s almost as if they have made it up out the blue (surprise surprise). Daily express seems to have caught on to that article or whatever you want to call it and are running with this…

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1460708/Liverpool-transfer-news-Youri-Tielemans-Jurgen-Klopp-Renato-Sanches

Youri Tielemans 'really wants Liverpool transfer' as Klopp makes Renato Sanches decision

Youri Tielemans is reportedly a target for Liverpool this summer as they look to replace Gini Wijnaldum...

Surprise reports in Belgium claim Youri Tielemans 'really wants' to complete a move to Liverpool this summer. The Leicester midfield maestro won't be short of offers if he does decide to move on from the King Power Stadium before the start of next season, having previously been a target for Manchester United.

Tielemans is currently on his holidays after representing Belgium at Euro 2020. 

Leicester are expecting him to join up with their squad in a few weeks' time as they crank up preparations for the new Premier League season.

Brendan Rodgers' troops fell just short of a Champions League qualification spot having missed out on the top-four on the final day of the season for the second successive campaign.

Yet the Foxes do have their FA Cup winners medal to show for another impressive showing, as they continue to mix it with the so-called 'Big Six'.

Nonetheless, the lack of Champions League football could pose a threat for the club when it comes to keeping their most-prized assets.

Now Belgian outlet Voetbal24 claim Tielemans 'is already looking forward to making the switch to Anfield'.

The report even goes as far as saying that a deal could be completed quickly.

A figure of £64million (€75m) is also quoted while it's claimed Jurgen Klopp has decided he would prefer Tielemans over Renato Sanches.

38 minutes ago, vanity said:

If Youri wants to go, and if we can get 60 mill, I'd let him. He will be an outstanding addition for Liverpool, and we can add another replacement if need be, though we need to find room for two starting MFs, if we keep Praet. Which we should. Youri has been great for us, if he wants CL w a team talented enough to win it all, let him go. Frankly, I think we should try to sell one or two big players, shake up the club, replace these players for less expensive versions, then target quality depth as the trade window shrinks and teams planning to finance their summer spends from sales get desperate. THIS is the offseason to get some deals, with there not being much money around, and if we simply look to add, wI worry the club will be a bit stale. Took a lot to get into top-4 contention the last two seasons, we will be prioritizing Europa to an extent I suspect, league form may be a bit more raggedy.

Frankly, I think we should be ultra-aggressive, and even be willing to spend most of next season's transfer kitty now if deals present themselves. You buy when things are on sale. If that will be too much of an influx, shop for next season now. Let players stay the season elsewhere, give them some money to spend now, and we get the player one year more seasoned. I know this is somewhat imperfect, but there are going to be opportunities. Non-Prem sides are going to be desperate. Let's exploit. If someone wants to drop dumb money on Soyuncu as well, like Pep, and we can get 50 mill or so, and he wants to go, f'ing let him. Take the 30 mill in profit and buy a new CB and then go shopping w the rest. Or find a nice couple prospects from Man City, do the American thing if it makes sense, players for players, makeweight, whatever. We need a bit more experience in, we need winners, but we also could do with upgrading at several spots. Most importantly, we need to figure out the attack on the RW.

We are doing great so far, but I hope we look to snag some younger talent as well for the future, teams are so desperate for cash, they may part with precious players early just to raise some cash. We are the big dogs now, relative to 95%+ of the teams out there. Fuching time to bark.

this ain’t football manager

Tielemans will be a hard player to replace. Players who already play to that standard are after big contracts at regular CL level clubs. The type of wages Leicester can’t offer. You also have to consider the influence Youri has off the pitch, he’s an absolute class act, I haven’t come across many players like him for his age and I’m sure he has a big influence in the dressing room. Has a wise head on young shoulders. Doubt we will find a player of his age, experience and calibre again for the price we paid. 

I agree with Soyuncu, he’s been great for us but I think players like him and CBs in general at his age usually tend to be more replaceable not that I would want to see him go anyway.

But look at players like Mahrez. still haven’t found a suitable player who can fill his position at RM. Certain players in certain positions are not replaced as easily as you make it seem.

Edited by s11nny
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, s11nny said:

this ain’t football manager

Tielemans will be a hard player to replace. Players who already play to that standard are after big contracts at regular CL level clubs. The type of wages Leicester can’t offer. You also have to consider the influence Youri has off the pitch, he’s an absolute class act, I haven’t come across many players like him for his age and I’m sure he has a big influence in the dressing room. Has a wise head on young shoulders. Doubt we will find a player of his age, experience and calibre again for the price we paid. 

I agree with Soyuncu, he’s been great for us but I think players like him and CBs in general at his age usually tend to be more replaceable not that I would want to see him go anyway.

But look at players like Mahrez. still haven’t found a suitable player who can fill his position at RM. Certain players in certain positions are not replaced as easily as you make it seem.

I am saying if Tielemans wants to go. You are assuming only the positives, an unhappy player with Tiels rep with the club would be hard to overcome. He has been a leader on this team, if he wants to go, thsn I want to see us be class if replacing him is inevitable, and now is a good time to be a buyer. 

Mahrez is an all-world player. Thielemans is not in his league yet. Replacing one is not the same as replacing the other. But if the news reports are rubbish and he signs a new contract then ok great.

There is a difference between wanting a move and forcing a move. The club in the past has told players they aren't moving that year -- Mahrez and Maguire -- and life went on. (Mahrez threw his tantrum after the January window.)

The only really "forced" move was Drinkwater, and the bad blood from that was the timing, not the deal (which was highway robbery on our part.)

I think Chilwell wasn't forced, but the Covid crisis meant we needed to cash in: If anything, my guess (and I am speaking completely out of my rear) is that the club probably feels they should have gotten 15-30 million more for Chilly (although as an Academy boy, there was no cost to recoup) and certainly aren't going to let Youri go at a discount.

I can't see him going for less than 75 million.

4 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

There is a difference between wanting a move and forcing a move. The club in the past has told players they aren't moving that year -- Mahrez and Maguire -- and life went on. (Mahrez threw his tantrum after the January window.)

The only really "forced" move was Drinkwater, and the bad blood from that was the timing, not the deal (which was highway robbery on our part.)

I think Chilwell wasn't forced, but the Covid crisis meant we needed to cash in: If anything, my guess (and I am speaking completely out of my rear) is that the club probably feels they should have gotten 15-30 million more for Chilly (although as an Academy boy, there was no cost to recoup) and certainly aren't going to let Youri go at a discount.

I can't see him going for less than 75 million.

all good points BUT the issue here is that he only has two years left on his current deal and next summer we will not get such a big fee because of that. Him signing a four year deal at the outset was deliberate and meant that he would hold the cards rather than us. If he really wants to go now and there are clubs willing to pay the money then we may have to accept a £55/£60m bid now to avoid it becoming £25/30m next summer. Of course it’s a nice place here so if we really played hardball and he decided to bide his time then he would only by 26 when his contract expired and he became a free agent, able to take a chunky £40m s/o fee himself.  Of course he runs the risk of suffering a bad injury which could scupper all that.  I don’t think his character is the type that would take that chance. 

hopefully all sides come to an agreement, he gets a nice new deal and worst ways, we get a nice big fee next summer or the summer afterwards.  

• Like 1

Except we've heard from many sources that Tielemans doesn't want to go. He's very, very happy in Leicester. 

All he's been doing is focusing on his Euros and now his holiday, and when he returns, he'll be hoping that options have come up to think about. 

He's a thinker, he wants options. Even if the one he's most likely to take is to stay with Leicester, he doesn't want to think that he's here because that's the only option he has. 

Plus the more clubs after him, the more leverage he has when negotiating with us. 

It's the smart move from his point of view. I'm not worried about this one bit. He's staying. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

all good points BUT the issue here is that he only has two years left on his current deal and next summer we will not get such a big fee because of that. Him signing a four year deal at the outset was deliberate and meant that he would hold the cards rather than us. If he really wants to go now and there are clubs willing to pay the money then we may have to accept a £55/£60m bid now to avoid it becoming £25/30m next summer. Of course it’s a nice place here so if we really played hardball and he decided to bide his time then he would only by 26 when his contract expired and he became a free agent, able to take a chunky £40m s/o fee himself.  Of course he runs the risk of suffering a bad injury which could scupper all that.  I don’t think his character is the type that would take that chance. 

hopefully all sides come to an agreement, he gets a nice new deal and worst ways, we get a nice big fee next summer or the summer afterwards.  

Yes, but if we are serious about a push for a Champions League spot, the club might think it's worth the gamble on his fee (especially if we got top 4, and Youri did a deal with us then).

Especially considering we have KDH in the squad and hopefully a couple of promising guys going on loan to Championship clubs.

It would be worth getting 20 million less for him next season than buy a ready made  replacement this summer, if we think KDH or someone else will be in a position to step up.

In the Tielemans debate , perhaps we have missed out on our purchase of Soumaré . Youri is a deep lying playmaker but Soumaré is a box to box midfielder. Is Rodgers planning a change of tactics. Perhaps we are moving towards sitting back and attacking with pace using Daka, Barnes and yes even Vardy instead of trying to dominate possession. In this Soumaré plays the Kanté role. Chelsea are using this system now and are European champions. This would mean that Youri is not so vital as we perhaps think.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It's going to take some serious money for anyone one wanting him.

After cost us around 40m the club are going to want to make 30m odd profit.

Personally think he will stay and sign a new contract.

I thing he will stay ,he has said he is happy at the club  ,so why would you want to move, 

46 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

In the Tielemans debate , perhaps we have missed out on our purchase of Soumaré . Youri is a deep lying playmaker but Soumaré is a box to box midfielder. Is Rodgers planning a change of tactics. Perhaps we are moving towards sitting back and attacking with pace using Daka, Barnes and yes even Vardy instead of trying to dominate possession. In this Soumaré plays the Kanté role. Chelsea are using this system now and are European champions. This would mean that Youri is not so vital as we perhaps think.

We'll have a number of tactics to play against a number of different oppositional tactics. Youri is very much part of our plans (for now). We need options, being flexible is the means to success. Adaptability when needed. We've more than proved that already, and we'll even have more options with the players we are brought/bringing in. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

We'll have a number of tactics to play against a number of different oppositional tactics. Youri is very much part of our plans (for now). We need options, being flexible is the means to success. Adaptability when needed. We've more than proved that already, and we'll even have more options with the players we are brought/bringing in. 

Rodgers has always been a Guardiola disciple but Chelsea have found a way to counteract his possession dominating tactics. I would have thought that has been noted by Rodgers and perhaps he is changing his thinking. We maybe are going to get a few surprises in the coming season.

8 hours ago, vanity said:

If Youri wants to go, and if we can get 60 mill, I'd let him. He will be an outstanding addition for Liverpool, and we can add another replacement if need be, though we need to find room for two starting MFs, if we keep Praet. Which we should. Youri has been great for us, if he wants CL w a team talented enough to win it all, let him go. Frankly, I think we should try to sell one or two big players, shake up the club, replace these players for less expensive versions, then target quality depth as the trade window shrinks and teams planning to finance their summer spends from sales get desperate. THIS is the offseason to get some deals, with there not being much money around, and if we simply look to add, wI worry the club will be a bit stale. Took a lot to get into top-4 contention the last two seasons, we will be prioritizing Europa to an extent I suspect, league form may be a bit more raggedy.

Frankly, I think we should be ultra-aggressive, and even be willing to spend most of next season's transfer kitty now if deals present themselves. You buy when things are on sale. If that will be too much of an influx, shop for next season now. Let players stay the season elsewhere, give them some money to spend now, and we get the player one year more seasoned. I know this is somewhat imperfect, but there are going to be opportunities. Non-Prem sides are going to be desperate. Let's exploit. If someone wants to drop dumb money on Soyuncu as well, like Pep, and we can get 50 mill or so, and he wants to go, f'ing let him. Take the 30 mill in profit and buy a new CB and then go shopping w the rest. Or find a nice couple prospects from Man City, do the American thing if it makes sense, players for players, makeweight, whatever. We need a bit more experience in, we need winners, but we also could do with upgrading at several spots. Most importantly, we need to figure out the attack on the RW.

We are doing great so far, but I hope we look to snag some younger talent as well for the future, teams are so desperate for cash, they may part with precious players early just to raise some cash. We are the big dogs now, relative to 95%+ of the teams out there. Fuching time to bark.

Shake the club up?! Shaking up is the last thing we need. 

Besides, we really shook them up when we won the FA Cup. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Rodgers has always been a Guardiola disciple but Chelsea have found a way to counteract his possession dominating tactics. I would have thought that has been noted by Rodgers and perhaps he is changing his thinking. We maybe are going to get a few surprises in the coming season.

We've a lot of games ahead of us. More Thursdays football means we'll need a strong team on our rotation and one that might need to change formation. I'm not sure I'd be surprised, but I'm eager to see what develops. A decent RW is the essential piece to have a full set. 

9 hours ago, vanity said:

£60M for youri? I think you missed a 1 off the start?

7 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Yes, but if we are serious about a push for a Champions League spot, the club might think it's worth the gamble on his fee (especially if we got top 4, and Youri did a deal with us then).

Especially considering we have KDH in the squad and hopefully a couple of promising guys going on loan to Championship clubs.

It would be worth getting 20 million less for him next season than buy a ready made  replacement this summer, if we think KDH or someone else will be in a position to step up.

We haven't got KDH in he playing sense albeit he'll be in the squad. He's an unknown and untested player at this level period. 

In any case KDH is a box to box player similar to drinkwater with a little bit more panache to his game. KDH isn't a no.8 as Tielemans is and if anything he'll end up (early on when the dust has settled) backup to Soumare or even Praet if he stays, so he could in effect be 3rd choice.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, s11nny said:

They haven’t even quoted the player or their source it’s almost as if they have made it up out the blue (surprise surprise). Daily express seems to have caught on to that article or whatever you want to call it and are running with this…

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1460708/Liverpool-transfer-news-Youri-Tielemans-Jurgen-Klopp-Renato-Sanches

Youri Tielemans 'really wants Liverpool transfer' as Klopp makes Renato Sanches decision

Youri Tielemans is reportedly a target for Liverpool this summer as they look to replace Gini Wijnaldum...

Surprise reports in Belgium claim Youri Tielemans 'really wants' to complete a move to Liverpool this summer. The Leicester midfield maestro won't be short of offers if he does decide to move on from the King Power Stadium before the start of next season, having previously been a target for Manchester United.

Tielemans is currently on his holidays after representing Belgium at Euro 2020. 

Leicester are expecting him to join up with their squad in a few weeks' time as they crank up preparations for the new Premier League season.

Brendan Rodgers' troops fell just short of a Champions League qualification spot having missed out on the top-four on the final day of the season for the second successive campaign.

Yet the Foxes do have their FA Cup winners medal to show for another impressive showing, as they continue to mix it with the so-called 'Big Six'.

Nonetheless, the lack of Champions League football could pose a threat for the club when it comes to keeping their most-prized assets.

Now Belgian outlet Voetbal24 claim Tielemans 'is already looking forward to making the switch to Anfield'.

The report even goes as far as saying that a deal could be completed quickly.

A figure of £64million (€75m) is also quoted while it's claimed Jurgen Klopp has decided he would prefer Tielemans over Renato Sanches.

It's just utter shit and daily express this coming from a paper that says every winter we are getting a very cold winter and the ice age is around the corner.its just a very lazy story and you just hope youri does not read these shit tabloid papers 

If we want to keep him then we have to pay him at a level commensurate with his ability and value. He signed a contract with us with an eye to exactly the scenario we are at now. We either have to sell or pay for him to extend/sign a new contract. Its that simple. A 4 year contract was always going to be an issue.

Anyone who thinks he's replaceable without consequences for the way we play and our results needs to have their head examined.

7 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

If you didn't see enough changes and formations last season then I don't know if its possible for you to be satisfied:D  Like last season I doubt there will be only one. When the window shuts we'll have a better idea.

14 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

In no way shape or form is Rodgers a Guardiola disciple - not really.  He started out under Mourinho and has said many times himself he was a huge influence.  He does like to move the ball side to side like Pep but his attack has always been rooted in the #9 carrying a heavy scoring load, which is certainly not Guardiola-like.  He's also a big fan of the high press, which is more Klopp (another close friend) than Pep. 

• Like 1

I think YOURI needs to think long and hard about going to the reds .

he is a player who loves to play week in week out , and let’s be truthful some times he clocks off , he gets away with it playing for us but Liverpool with a much bigger squad he may find his game time cut . Just a thought .