Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

Agree and am I the only one that gets a feeling Youri could go and be replaced by two players (Coutinho for one) to strengthen the squad…..obviously don’t want him to leave, but just get the feeling he might, and the deal for the replacement(s) are happening as we speak…

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'd be devastated if we lost him. Probably more than any other player we've sold before actually

It would be a kick in gonads if he went but somehow not quite as bad as when we had to let N'golo go for about a third of his value. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

It would be a kick in gonads if he went but somehow not quite as bad as when we had to let N'golo go for about a third of his value. 

I think the disappointment was lessened a bit for me with that as we had no choice but yeah that hurt too 

Youri  is a great professional, disciplined and mature above his age but he is not a one club man . He will put his career above sentiment. If another club is prepared to offer him a better contract than us , he will have to consider it. If we match any offer he will probably stay but if we don't then I will assume the club are prepared to let him go.

38 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Agreed 

Same. Mahrez was a great player so didn’t want to lose him in that respect, but obviously relations had soured. 

Genuinely wasn’t that bothered about losing Drinkwater, Chilwell or Maguire leaving. 

I was annoyed to lose Kante, but it just seemed a given he would go tbh, plus he was only with us for one season. 

3 hours ago, crisp packet said:

Youri isn’t a fit for the reds , and they are starting to realise it ...

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/liverpool-youri-tielemans-transfer-decision-21020281

stats don’t fit ..

Well after reading that, I now know he’s garbage and we should try to offload him before he drags the squad down with him! 

I’d take £2.5M…

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Youri  is a great professional, disciplined and mature above his age but he is not a one club man . He will put his career above sentiment. If another club is prepared to offer him a better contract than us , he will have to consider it. If we match any offer he will probably stay but if we don't then I will assume the club are prepared to let him go.

For me the question he'll be asking himself is,

My career was going backwards at a big club like Monaco. Do I risk becoming a rotational player at a big club, with my form and international place potentially suffering. Or do I sign a bumper new contract at Leicester, enhance my reputation as a top European midfielder and see where Leicester end up at the end of the season.

If we fail to get CL football, he'll still only be 25 and can leave with our best wishes for a bumper transfer fee. For me, that's a win win for everyone.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

For me the question he'll be asking himself is,

My career was going backwards at a big club like Monaco. Do I risk becoming a rotational player at a big club, with my form and international place potentially suffering. Or do I sign a bumper new contract at Leicester, enhance my reputation as a top European midfielder and see where Leicester end up at the end of the season.

If we fail to get CL football, he'll still only be 25 and can leave with our best wishes for a bumper transfer fee. For me, that's a win win for everyone.

Hoping it’s the latter mindset and we get top 4 so he stays even longer. Even at 27/28 he’d be an appealing signing going into his prime. 

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I'd be devastated if we lost him. Probably more than any other player we've sold before actually

Absolutely. He's the heartbeat of the side. Losing Youri would be not far off disastrous for the club.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Same. Mahrez was a great player so didn’t want to lose him in that respect, but obviously relations had soured. 

Genuinely wasn’t that bothered about losing Drinkwater, Chilwell or Maguire leaving. 

I was annoyed to lose Kante, but it just seemed a given he would go tbh, plus he was only with us for one season. 

Marhez and Kante's sale had the biggest effect on the team I would say.  Still have not replaced the quality and output of Marhez.  As as big a loss as Kante was we have been lucky enough to have Wilf in the side reducing the loss of Kante.

12 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Thing is if he moves now he could be on at least £5m extra a year guaranteed for 4 years, plus bonuses.

I agree, but I'm not sure he is totally driven by money alone. If he were offered a new 4 year contract at Leicester at say £150k/week. that a gross annual salary of £7.8m (if my maths is correct). Over 4 years, £32.4m. There would also be bonuses and advertising rights added onto to this. He'd still only be 29 and would have another big contract to look forward too.

How much money do you need to live comfortably for the rest of your life?

28 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Thing is if he moves now he could be on at least £5m extra a year guaranteed for 4 years, plus bonuses.

At Liverpool he wouldn't be earning that much more than he would be earning with us if he signs a big new deal

If he signs a new deal you would expect he is probably going to be our highest paid player somewhere between £150k and £200k a week

Highest wage at Liverpool is Salah who is on "only" £200k a week, can't see them offering more than that to Youri

Edited by moore_94

9 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I agree, but I'm not sure he is totally driven by money alone. If he were offered a new 4 year contract at Leicester at say £150k/week. that a gross annual salary of £7.8m (if my maths is correct). Over 4 years, £32.4m. There would also be bonuses and advertising rights added onto to this. He'd still only be 29 and would have another big contract to look forward too.

How much money do you need to live comfortably for the rest of your life?

Closer to half that after tax …….

still a fortune but not private jet type earnings …….

he started playing v early …….he will do well to keep going to 32/33 …….look at the state of wazza …..

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Closer to half that after tax …….

still a fortune but not private jet type earnings …….

he started playing v early …….he will do well to keep going to 32/33 …….look at the state of wazza …..

I did say gross. I wish I had earned £16m for 4 years work. Like I said, more than enough to live on. He also appears a really intelligent and level headed young man, so I should imagine he'll do well in what ever area he moves into after football.

Not convinced there is any genuine interest from Liverpool at all and even if there is I doubt they can or would pay what it would take to get him.

They already have a very similar player in him in Thiago. The guy they are looking to replace is Wijnaldum who is a completely different type of midfielder.

I'd be more inclined to put my money on the Renato Sanches links or at least a plaer of that ilk than Youri if Liverpool end up signing a midfielder.

• Like 1

On 11/07/2021 at 12:51, Sharpe's Fox said:

Honestly don't think Klopp will pay over the odds to sign a midfield player who doesn't run. They already have Thiago.

Andrea Pirlo rarely broke into a trot , yet is one of the greatest ever midfielders. His secret , his brain moved at light speed.

• Like 1