Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

If he goes, it won`t be to Liverpool, as they have drank their last drink from the Coutinho well, so need to raise funds and they cannot raise enough from their aging squad and they won`t sell those of value to fund Youri

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

If he goes, it won`t be to Liverpool, as they have drank their last drink from the Coutinho well, so need to raise funds and they cannot raise enough from their aging squad and they won`t sell those of value to fund Youri

If Youri does succumb to temptation with Liverpool , it will be because of their excellent performances in the CL as much as money. Although I am often concerned about inexperienced players , one young player I do rate is Harvey Elliott. He plays like a 28 year old not a kid. I would say him coming to us as part of a deal would be at least some compensation for losing Youri.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

If Youri does succumb to temptation with Liverpool , it will be because of their excellent performances in the CL as much as money. Although I am often concerned about inexperienced players , one young player I do rate is Harvey Elliott. He plays like a 28 year old not a kid. I would say him coming to us as part of a deal would be at least some compensation for losing Youri.

Don`t you think Liverpool have a huge problem right around the corrner? Firmino, Salah, Mane are all 29, and Jota needs time and support to pick up that mantle. I am amazed they did not go for Daka, especially with their previous relationship with Salburg.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don`t you think Liverpool have a huge problem right around the corrner? Firmino, Salah, Mane are all 29, and Jota needs time and support to pick up that mantle. I am amazed they did not go for Daka, especially with their previous relationship with Salburg.

Real often keep playing 30 something's , perhaps Klopp is going that way while slowly introducing his younger players like TAA and Gomez.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Andrea Pirlo rarely broke into a trot , yet is one of the greatest ever midfielders. His secret , his brain moved at light speed.

Pirlo always had players round him who could run though, that's the key.

A midfield with both Tielemans and Thiago in it and Liverpool would have to completely rip up how they currently play, they'd basically have to bin gengenpressing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

A midfield with both Tielemans and Thiago in it and Liverpool would have to completely rip up how they currently play, they'd basically have to bin gengenpressing.

Really don't see Thiago and Tielemans at the same time. Fabinho, Henderson and one of the two I would think. Youri has got more years in front of him so a natural succession.

The reality is Youri and all big clubs know how good he is. There is no reason why Youri couldn't/shouldn't be playing for a top club. He may feel that he's done all he can here, after helping us finish 5th twice in a row and won the FA Cup, scoring the winning goal no less. 

He'd be right in thinking he doesn't owe us anything. It just comes down to whether a club is willing to pay our asking price and/or him not being willing to stay for 1 more year to see if we can get CL

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Really don't see Thiago and Tielemans at the same time. Fabinho, Henderson and one of the two I would think. Youri has got more years in front of him so a natural succession.

Which is why I don't see Liverpool going for him this season, when they need to bring players in several other positions as well without the big budget of Man Utd, City and Chelsea. He doesn't fit in with Klopp's gegenpress system and they've already brought in Thiago to add extra creativity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

The reality is Youri and all big clubs know how good he is. There is no reason why Youri couldn't/shouldn't be playing for a top club. He may feel that he's done all he can here, after helping us finish 5th twice in a row and won the FA Cup, scoring the winning goal no less. 

He'd be right in thinking he doesn't owe us anything. It just comes down to whether a club is willing to pay our asking price and/or him not being willing to stay for 1 more year to see if we can get CL

This.

My only hope is that he signs a new deal if he stays for another season otherwise we probably only recoup what we paid for him if that. If the likes of Liverpool can’t give us what we want now they could easily wait for next season and then it won’t just be Liverpool after him as everyone will know they could get him on the cheap with him having 1 year left.

Youri holds all the cards. If he doesn’t sign a new deal we are screwed if he doesn’t leave this season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

By the power invested in me as the holder of 20-odd new FT merit badges  (that most everybody on here also got) …

badges.JPG.37d853335900ecb22e704df9773ecefb.JPG

I hereby award you this one  (surely unique to yourself) …

exclaimer.PNG.624b005d9d9c4a2abeaeeccadcebd75d.PNG

Congratulations!

A man after my own heart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

By the power invested in me as the holder of 20-odd new FT merit badges  (that most everybody on here also got) …

badges.JPG.37d853335900ecb22e704df9773ecefb.JPG

I hereby award you this one  (surely unique to yourself) …

exclaimer.PNG.624b005d9d9c4a2abeaeeccadcebd75d.PNG

Congratulations!

Suppose we won't see the last one in the pedantry thread lol

Wish we'd just get a bloody answer on whether he's staying or going! I suspect he is looking to move and hoping for an offer to come in, or at very least keeping his options open to invite some offers in to consider. If he was set on staying he'd have signed the contract by now and come out and said he was committed to LCFC.

9 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Wish we'd just get a bloody answer on whether he's staying or going! I suspect he is looking to move and hoping for an offer to come in, or at very least keeping his options open to invite some offers in to consider. If he was set on staying he'd have signed the contract by now and come out and said he was committed to LCFC.

It could be that we have set a price that we are also content to accept - hence no one will come out and make any statements.  

20 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I doubt Youri is going anywhere unless it's for a ridiculous offer, and we know Liverpool won't spend that kind of money.

Some of the speculation is created purely to unsettle players and force us to pay bigger salaries just to keep them happy.

The knock on effect is that it limits our spending and halts progress from showing the top 6 clubs up.

That's the theory behind a lot of the speculation.

I believe your Pirlo assessment is correct, Which is why we've signed Soumare to play on the left with NDiddi on the right .

This will free up Youri to go and roam more and control the game knowing Wilf and Soumare providing the cover behind him.

I Think we're going to have the best midfield in the league this season, as Soumare is another amazing player with Skill Pace and Power. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I doubt Youri is going anywhere unless it's for a ridiculous offer, and we know Liverpool won't spend that kind of money.

Some of the speculation is created purely to unsettle players and force us to pay bigger salaries just to keep them happy.

The knock on effect is that it limits our spending and halts progress from showing the top 6 clubs up.

I believe your Pirlo assessment is correct, Which is why we've signed Soumare to play on the left with NDiddi on the right .

This will free up Youri to go and roam more and control the game knowing Wilf and Soumare providing the cover behind him.

I Think we're going to have the best midfield in the league this season, as Soumare is another amazing player with Skill Pace and Power. 

Yeah agreed, I'd be amazed if he ended up at Liverpool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Surely it’s his agent driving this approach?

A new contract is being negotiated, and the player’s leverage stems partly from other clubs’ purported interest.

You don’t turn your cards over in the middle of the hand.

Psychological comfort of the fans doesn’t enter into it from either side.

• Like 1

90 second update from Romano on Tielemans at 4 mins 10 seconds in.

Nothing new that Romano has not said before:  "it is complicated" "Leicester will want more than 50-60 mill" "Leicester have offered a new contract" "Tielemans is waiting until he's back from holiday to decide"

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Certainly would be nice to see Youri score some more goals like we all know he's capable of when he was on loan here.......and the cup. Looking forward to him coming back and signing a new contract making him the highest paid player at the club.

52 minutes ago, turlo said:

90 second update from Romano on Tielemans at 4 mins 10 seconds in.

Nothing new that Romano has not said before:  "it is complicated" "Leicester will want more than 50-60 mill" "Leicester have offered a new contract" "Tielemans is waiting until he's back from holiday to decide"

50 or 60 mil is horseshit. If I were Youri I'd wait a year. Possibly Real Madrid or Bayern Munich and who knows who else if the economy improves. I'd hate to be stuck working for the american hedge fund kings.

Who knows if they'll reinvest back into the team.

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

50 or 60 mil is horseshit. If I were Youri I'd wait a year. Possibly Real Madrid or Bayern Munich and who knows who else if the economy improves. I'd hate to be stuck working for the american hedge fund kings.

We are not privvy to internal conversations when he signed, so I would be a little slow to draw such conclusions

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, SO1 said:

50-60 mill was a figure one of the Belgian reporters plunked out of thin air as his market value and the Liverpool channels/outlets have run with that as what Leicester would want for him - i'm starting to believe the deluded scousers actually think we'd sell our star player for such a low figure!  Everything I've heard from Romano on Tielemens suggests he doesn't think anything's going to happen 

15 minutes ago, turlo said:

50-60 mill was a figure one of the Belgian reporters plunked out of thin air as his market value and the Liverpool channels/outlets have run with that as what Leicester would want for him - i'm starting to believe the deluded scousers actually think we'd sell our star player for such a low figure!  Everything I've heard from Romano on Tielemens suggests he doesn't think anything's going to happen 

They should ask there mates United they’ll tell them we don’t sell players on the cheap united should know we sold them slab head for 80 mill 🤣