Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Well you don't know he's not going do you, no one does. And he's not too dissimilar to Wijnaldum, he's fairly box to box, he'd play the same position. 

He’s not box to box, he hasn’t got the legs to be box to box. He’s more of your Pirlo style of player, his creativeness doesn’t come from driving runs, it comes from his ability to move the ball quickly, and pick out key passes. Soumare would be more like Wijnaldum, the ability to drive beyond the press himself with the ball, or Kante for that matter. 

Thiago and Youri are very similar in the way they play, which makes this signing not really make sense…. Unless Klopp is wanting to make changes to the way they play, or he wants to rotate Youri and Thiago….. 

Its not happening anyway, we will only allow a key player to leave if we have a replacement at the club or one in mind that can come in fairly quickly. 

• Like 4

James Pearce (top tier source for Liverpool) doesn’t think it will happen

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2021/07/14/james-pearce-responds-to-links-between-liverpool-and-youri-tielemans-id-be-absolutely-amazed/

James Pearce responds to links between Liverpool and Youri Tielemans: ‘I’d be absolutely amazed’

James Pearce has suggested it will be highly unlikely that Liverpool will secure the services of Leicester City’s Youri Tielemans this summer.

The Belgium international had been touted by multiple reports as a potentially viable replacement for PSG-bound ex-Red Gini Wijnaldum.

“I’d be absolutely amazed if Tielemans came to anything because you’re talking about trying to prise one of the top players off another top five/top six Premier League club,” the Liverpool journalist told The1892RedsPodcast.

“When you look at the figures being bandied around – £60 odd million – I struggle to believe Liverpool are going to go that high for a midfielder.

“I just think it would be quite an un-Liverpool-like deal.”

According to The Athletic, the Merseysiders have set a target of over £60m in player sales for the window, with the club said to be reliant to a certain degree on outgoings before pursuing further signings beyond Ibrahima Konate.

Likely to set back a side around €65m – according to Belgian journalist Sven Claes – a figure that will likely have risen following the European Championship, it’s admittedly difficult to see our purse strings stretching quite so far on one potential signing.

Assuming we remain interested in bolstering the forward line, we at the EOTK would imagine the club to thinking of spending in the region of £25-35m on a Wijnaldum replacement.

At any rate, with the Euros having since been finalised, it will likely become very clear just how reliant we will be on player sales to conduct any further business in the window.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He also gave an update which is what we knew anyway

Do you think his agent could be stoking the fire to get him a better deal here? I think his agent damn well knows no one is putting up the kind of money we'd want for Youri this summer. 

• Like 1

Lads not stupid, clearly knows he’s good enough and someone bigger will want him at some point. Best we can expect is a year extra, if it’s longer it’ll come with conditions like acceptable fees etc.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jerry said:

How long is it sustainable to pay out ludicrous amounts to retain players for a club our size ? Only possible with a rich benefactor to cover the losses when wages alone exceed turnover , madness.

We pay him an extra ‘X amount’ for another year, with an extended contract and we end up better off when we sell him. 

It’s not comparable to Arsenal giving Ozil £300k a week or anything. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

He’s not box to box, he hasn’t got the legs to be box to box. He’s more of your Pirlo style of player, his creativeness doesn’t come from driving runs, it comes from his ability to move the ball quickly, and pick out key passes. Soumare would be more like Wijnaldum, the ability to drive beyond the press himself with the ball, or Kante for that matter. 

Thiago and Youri are very similar in the way they play, which makes this signing not really make sense…. Unless Klopp is wanting to make changes to the way they play, or he wants to rotate Youri and Thiago….. 

Its not happening anyway, we will only allow a key player to leave if we have a replacement at the club or one in mind that can come in fairly quickly. 

Spot on. I think for the money and type of player they need, Liverpool are better off buying someone like Saul or Bissouma.

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Lads not stupid, clearly knows he’s good enough and someone bigger will want him at some point. Best we can expect is a year extra, if it’s longer it’ll come with conditions like acceptable fees etc.

He was always going to garner interest this summer. If we can convince Youri to sign a contract that benefits us both (as we've done in the past), we can both get decent wedge from a future move. It's convincing him that he still has a goals to reach with us first, and hopefully the faith we've put in him might play in our favour.

27 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Yes. That is the scenario I'm hoping for.

,Makes most sense at the moment …. KDH groomed to take over …

P.S.  Apparently KDH is leaving them all behind on the pre season bleep tests …. a big attribute for a box to box midfielder. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

He will be gone. Just hoping it won’t be to a rival and he ends up outside the Premiership. 

Disagree, I think he's staying at least for next season but understandably trying to get the best deal he can.

If we get top 4 next season, he might stay longer-term. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Disagree, I think he's staying at least for next season but understandably trying to get the best deal he can.

If we get top 4 next season, he might stay longer-term. 

We will find out in the next 10 days! 

• Like 1

Tielemans will sign a 4 year contract and become the clubs highest paid player. I beleive he'll go next year with a gentleman's agreement with Top. Thus providing us with a player sale with 3 years left on his contract and a sizeable transfer fee. 

Here's to hoping...