Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

Tielemans is our player on a decent wage with a couple of years left on his contract, he is adored by the City fans and very popular with the players, our owners will offer him a more lucrative contract and he will stay at Leicester City….

Close thread….

In before the lock… :beer:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, deep blue said:

It concerns me that we may feel we have to offer Tielemans an astronomically high wage to keep him, especially if the realistic aim is only to extend his stay by only a year (admittedly with a contract extension that enables us to demand a good price for him next year).  It may set a dangerous precedent by encouraging all our other players to demand increases that set a new high level for the average contract, one that would cripple our finances.

It doesn’t concern me…. He’s worth every shekel he needs to keep him to stay…. He’s our metronome 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Villa fan under Percy’s tweet advising the scousers he’s not worth the money, used to think he was decent until the Euros and he’s glad they have Douglas Luiz.

:crylaugh: 

They are honestly one of the most deluded fan bases out there.

25 minutes ago, majaco said:

You have a player who Liverpool probably want to keep in our starting 11 as part of a deal getting rid of a player we want to keep.  What nonsense.

More of a possible scenario I would say. If Leicester City think they can make a bigger profit this year than next they will let him go. They will take no notice of the fans it will be a business decision . Liverpool have Winaljum's salary to offer him and if we don't match that in all probability Youri's agent will tell him to go.

39 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They are honestly one of the most deluded fan bases out there.

No, no, they're right. Tielemans is rubbish, way below Liverpool's level. They shouldn't bother - in fact as that Villa fan says Douglas Luiz is better and they should go for him instead.

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Excellent. While there is not much new here that informed sources like Romano and Terreur had already said, the confirmation that he's not a summer target for Liverpool is very welcome. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

If the other players were as good/indispensable as Tielemans then we wouldn’t have a problem paying them as we’d be in the Champions League every season.

Pay him what he’s worth. This is a long-term project with a young team and he is undoubtedly the jewel in the crown. We will not be able to sign anybody who is currently anywhere near his level; I’m pretty confident losing him this summer would set us back 18-24 months in the same way losing Mahrez did.

Nobody is going to begrudge him becoming the highest earner at the club, certainly not if they didn’t begrudge Maddison being the second-highest earner when he signed his new contract last year.

No one player is indispensable we have lost key players like Kante and Mahrez but survived to be a leading club. The spectre of Porsmouth for instance shows what can happen if you chase a dream too hard. 

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

No, no, they're right. Tielemans is rubbish, way below Liverpool's level. They shouldn't bother - in fact as that Villa fan says Douglas Luiz is better and they should go for him instead.

:ph34r:

Tielemans was certainly lacklustre in his group games and he admitted it himself. Sounded like he was beating himself up for playing over 50 games in the last year and expecting to reach those levels again. He talked about giving himself high standards but that can backfire psychologically as I think happened in his case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerry said:

No one player is indispensable we have lost key players like Kante and Mahrez but survived to be a leading club. The spectre of Porsmouth for instance shows what can happen if you chase a dream too hard. 

It’s really bad on the wrists as well

6 hours ago, Wolfox said:

It doesn’t concern me…. He’s worth every shekel he needs to keep him to stay…. He’s our metronome 

But is he as amazing as our fans now say he is? He has wonderful vision, excellent technique, and can score great and important goals but he can also be painfully slow and give the ball away in dangerous positions. I would love him to stay but don’t think he is irreplaceable personally. How much better is he than a very late career Cambiasso?

I've no doubt Tielemans would have be open to a move to Liverpool, but it was never really on the cards this summer. 

He would cost Liverpool too much and he probably needs another season like last, to truly cement himself (outside our fanbase) as a top, top player! 

Think he will sign an improved contract with us and give us another 18-24 months before there may be a real push from himself and some big boys coming in for him.

Fantastic window so far. If we get a decent CB and an exciting RW, then our squad (fully fit), is absolute mustard! 

35 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

But is he as amazing as our fans now say he is? He has wonderful vision, excellent technique, and can score great and important goals but he can also be painfully slow and give the ball away in dangerous positions. I would love him to stay but don’t think he is irreplaceable personally. How much better is he than a very late career Cambiasso?

I stopped reading after the first sentence 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

Yes he is that amazing. Simple as that!

8 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

It’s all about different  views innit?

Pirlo - imperious in my view - had the speed of Ian Marshall on mogadon, but, his brain and technique were on another level

He is amazing and I love watching him…. As I said, I feel like he makes things tick for us…. We’d really notice it if he wasn’t at our club…

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

It’s all about different  views innit?

Pirlo - imperious in my view - had the speed of Ian Marshall on mogadon, but, his brain and technique were on another level

He is amazing and I love watching him…. As I said, I feel like he makes things tick for us…. We’d really notice it if he wasn’t at our club…

The real masters of midfield don't need to be ueber fast - their awareness of movement and spaces means that they're in control of where to pass or where to interrupt opposition play.

Bobby Moore strolled around the pitch; Franz Beckenbauer could've worn a suit and not needed it cleaned after a game. Iniesta, Dunga (who was fast over three metres), Hoddle and a small number of other great players were Pirlo like - always in the right place.

Tielemans is at his best picking out the telling pass. Players like that are key components to for any team with ambitions.

• Like 2

I can see why my post with my two criticisms of YT poked the bear a little and, of course, I think he is excellent it’s just that there has been a touch of deification of YT within our fan base to the extent that he might be some kind of irreplaceable messiah. Just not sure if that’s true. I’m questioning that more than I am him. Though, I understand an FA Cup winning goal will do that. 
Anyway, by all accounts he isn’t going to Liverpool, so I fully expect him to sign a new deal. 

Edited by SydenhamFox
  • Like 1

Liverpool sources backing down from it now

“Brighton & Hove Albion’s Yves Bissouma and Leicester City’s Youri Tielemans have been repeatedly linked but that speculation has also been dismissed by insiders. Tielemans, as with John McGinn of Aston Villa, has his admirers at the club but the price tag is massively prohibitive.”

Edited by moore_94