Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

10 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I can see why my post with my two criticisms of YT poked the bear a little and, of course, I think he is excellent it’s just that there has been a touch of deification of YT within our fan base to the extent that he might be some kind of irreplaceable messiah. Just not sure if that’s true. I’m questioning that more than I am him. Though, I understand an FA Cup winning goal will do that. 
Anyway, by all accounts he isn’t going to Liverpool, so I fully expect him to sign a new deal. 

Of course he will sign a new deal to gain x amount of pounds extra a week. Signing a new contract I'm afraid means very little to the club apart from maybe negotiating a bigger fee when he goes. Footballers have no loyalty to a club , it's a profession why should they ?

3 minutes ago, jerry said:

Of course he will sign a new deal to gain x amount of pounds extra a week. Signing a new contract I'm afraid means very little to the club apart from maybe negotiating a bigger fee when he goes. Footballers have no loyalty to a club , it's a profession why should they ?

That's not true is it, not saying Tielemans is going to be eternally loyal to Leicester but look at Vardy for instance, footballers most certainly can be loyal to clubs.

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

For me he is on the same level as Kante in terms of his importance to the team and being an elite level player who could play anywhere. It won't happen this summer and I definitely don't think Liverpool are the club who suits him but there will be a point where a serious offer from a proper outfit will come in for him.

With respect to Tielemans, Kanté is head and shoulders above in terms of importance and was the special alchemical ingredient that made that league winning squad click. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Suspect he'll sign a new long term deal then, if he has another stellar season, he'll move on in Summer 2022.

Yep, pretty confident he'll sign a new deal.

After that, depends on if we get top 4. If we do, he might just stay for a further season. But increasingly apparent that without CL, we won't be able to keep him beyond next season. 

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
11 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

How much better is he than a very late career Cambiasso?

You say that as if:

a) a late career Cambiasso wasn‘t very good;

b) there is a late career Cambiasso around and we have to choose between him and Tielemans!

You could be half as good as a late career Cambiasso and still be one of the best midfielders we’ve ever had!

40 minutes ago, Adam_LCFC said:

That's not true is it, not saying Tielemans is going to be eternally loyal to Leicester but look at Vardy for instance, footballers most certainly can be loyal to clubs.

Exception proves the rule I'm afraid.

9 hours ago, jerry said:

This is the whole reason we are getting him to sign a new deal, so we can sell him for top dollar. If we don't sell him this summer and he doesn't sign a new deal, then next summer we wouldn't even get what we paid for him. Its protecting our investment. If he does sign a new deal though and stays for another year, that gives our recruitment team a year to identify his replacement (if they haven't already) 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

For me he is on the same level as Kante in terms of his importance to the team and being an elite level player who could play anywhere. It won't happen this summer and I definitely don't think Liverpool are the club who suits him but there will be a point where a serious offer from a proper outfit will come in for him.

Kante is one of those players that you would acknowledge as being there or there abouts world class. He would get a game in any club team home or abroad. Tielemans could be world class one day but is nowhere near at the moment neither would he walk in to any team. I personally wouldn't like to lose him but it would be far less detrimental than when we lost Kante. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bert Fill said:

You say that as if:

a) a late career Cambiasso wasn‘t very good;

b) there is a late career Cambiasso around and we have to choose between him and Tielemans!

You could be half as good as a late career Cambiasso and still be one of the best midfielders we’ve ever had!

Agreed. The Cambiasso that came to Leicester was still way ahead of where Tielemans is at this stage of his career. This is not disrespectful to Tielemans because at his young age you could reasonably expect that. 

On 15/07/2021 at 10:48, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Suspect he'll sign a new long term deal then, if he has another stellar season, he'll move on in Summer 2022.

Yea I agree with this. Makes sense for jinx give us one more seasons then move on for big money next season. Also means Soumare gets a season with us and gets to step up next season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

Total career minutes… makes you wonder if we’re likely to sell at a certain point (next summer if he signs a contract?) 

86FEE50D-BE30-4A1E-8880-940ED57432F6.png

That’s a remarkable graph! How is this guy never injured!??