Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

Said it all along that I don’t think he’ll go, Liverpool’s interest if there even was any was never serious. It’s well documented how much he loves it at Leicester and living in Leicestershire where he and his family are settled. He’s reached legend status with his fa cup winning goal and it would be tough for him to move after that. Extension to 2025 I reckon.

9 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Interesting about Youris stats but not sure why you chucked your trimmed pubes all over the graph? 

All jokes aside it genuinely shows just how staggering the amount of minutes youri has played. Surely the top top teams could only dream about having a man so consistently fit, thank god he’s ours 

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

All jokes aside it genuinely shows just how staggering the amount of minutes youri has played. Surely the top top teams could only dream about having a man so consistently fit, thank god he’s ours 

Don't feckin jinx it.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Yeh I 100% agree. I think some on here are quick to dismiss how vital he is to our team. Hopefully he signs a new deal and we can keep him here a bit longer. 

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
9 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He'll be a revelation in advanced positions when released from defensive duties. With Soumare in the team now we'll be able to do that.

Yep, a big reason he struggled when he was played as the most advanced midfielder last season is that he didn’t have a Tielemans quality passer feeding him the ball.

The whole dynamic of the team changed the moment we signed Tielemans simply because he is the first player we’ve had since Cambiasso capable of making deceptively difficult 10-15 yard passes through the centre of the pitch into an attacking midfielder/forward. From what I’ve heard Soumare will also bring that to the team.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us with a midfield 3 of Ndidi-Soumare-Tielemans for much of next season.

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Yep, a big reason he struggled when he was played as the most advanced midfielder last season is that he didn’t have a Tielemans quality passer feeding him the ball.

The whole dynamic of the team changed the moment we signed Tielemans simply because he is the first player we’ve had since Cambiasso capable of making deceptively difficult 10-15 yard passes through the centre of the pitch into an attacking midfielder/forward. From what I’ve heard Soumare will also bring that to the team.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us with a midfield 3 of Ndidi-Soumare-Tielemans for much of next season.

Exactly right on last season. Soumare is very skillful on the Ball with quite a few tricks as well as good defensive qualities.

I think things will develop two ways. 1. Tielemans in the middle of Soumare and Ndiddi as you say, but with more freedom than he had last season.

2. We sell Maddison, Tielemans moves forward in the support role behind the Strikers and KDH comes into the middle of Midfield.

either system excites me as I can see a lot more Goals both from the Strikers and also Tielemans himself.

I think this is going to be a really great season with a lot of exciting attacking football.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Exactly right on last season. Soumare is very skillful on the Ball with quite a few tricks as well as good defensive qualities.

I think things will develop two ways. 1. Tielemans in the middle of Soumare and Ndiddi as you say, but with more freedom than he had last season.

2. We sell Maddison, Tielemans moves forward in the support role behind the Strikers and KDH comes into the middle of Midfield.

either system excites me as I can see a lot more Goals both from the Strikers and also Tielemans himself.

I think this is going to be a really great season with a lot of exciting attacking football.

If we do line up with a midfield of Ndidi, Youri and Soumare, I think Ndidi would be a DM, and the other two would be no. 8s. Your no.1 setup sounds a bit too much like a double pivot with Youri as a no.10 to me. Your no.2 setup is Youri as a no.10. I don't know why you'd want to do that. He's far better as a deep-lying playmaker.

I'll predict Maddison will be staying, and Soumare will be rotated with Youri and Ndidi in the 2 CM roles in a 4231.

I do share your optimism about the season ahead. I think it's going to be a good one.

• Like 2

I'm not saying either of us is right or wrong just maybe seeing it a little differently.

I've never been a fan of Pigeon holing players into numbers. Great players see the game before them no matter where they are on the pitch.

I can see Youri using that vision in tighter areas supporting the Strikers on either side of the pitch.

One of the problems we had last season particularly when Maddison got injured was a lack of support and attacking threat by not having anyone to play those little passes on occasions while Youri was too far back, sometimes out of need to defend.

Now with Soumare to play the defensive role with NDiddi  I feel we can free Youri more to move forward in support of the attack and score more wonder Goals like in the Cup Final.

Soumare is a left footed sided player who I think will be used on the left of midfield with Wilf on the right.

It's all a little guesswork at the moment until we see who leaves and stays.  But it sure is going to be an exciting season.

Enjoy the Season.

11 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm not saying either of us is right or wrong just maybe seeing it a little differently.

I've never been a fan of Pigeon holing players into numbers. Great players see the game before them no matter where they are on the pitch.

I can see Youri using that vision in tighter areas supporting the Strikers on either side of the pitch.

One of the problems we had last season particularly when Maddison got injured was a lack of support and attacking threat by not having anyone to play those little passes on occasions while Youri was too far back, sometimes out of need to defend.

Now with Soumare to play the defensive role with NDiddi  I feel we can free Youri more to move forward in support of the attack and score more wonder Goals like in the Cup Final.

Soumare is a left footed sided player who I think will be used on the left of midfield with Wilf on the right.

It's all a little guesswork at the moment until we see who leaves and stays.  But it sure is going to be an exciting season.

Enjoy the Season.

I don't believe I am pigeon holing anyone by saying what position I think they are best in. Great players seeing the game before them wherever they are on the pitch doesn't mean they don't have a best position. I think just about every player does. You wouldn't say that Youri is equally as good a right-back as he is a CM, would you? I bet he'd be decent at RB, as he's a great player, but he wouldn't be anywhere near as effective as he is in central midfield.

I think we might have tried Youri as a no.10 the season just gone, and I don't think it worked. Maybe someone else remembers? I don't believe he's quite mobile or agile enough for the role, really. Regardless, I think Youri is best playing the ball from deep. I hate Americanisms as much as the next cvnt, but I think Tielemans really is the quintessential quarterback. I believe the team should be built around him in that position.

I agree. It will be interesting to see how we line up now there is some real depth to the squad and no real sure-fire first XI. I think we're set up well to carry on improving. If we can stay a bit more injury-free this season, then we could be in for something pretty special (as if we haven't had that already!).

You too.

28 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't believe I am pigeon holing anyone by saying what position I think they are best in. Great players seeing the game before them wherever they are on the pitch doesn't mean they don't have a best position. I think just about every player does. You wouldn't say that Youri is equally as good a right-back as he is a CM, would you? I bet he'd be decent at RB, as he's a great player, but he wouldn't be anywhere near as effective as he is in central midfield.

I think we might have tried Youri as a no.10 the season just gone, and I don't think it worked. Maybe someone else remembers? I don't believe he's quite mobile or agile enough for the role, really. Regardless, I think Youri is best playing the ball from deep. I hate Americanisms as much as the next cvnt, but I think Tielemans really is the quintessential quarterback. I believe the team should be built around him in that position.

I agree. It will be interesting to see how we line up now there is some real depth to the squad and no real sure-fire first XI. I think we're set up well to carry on improving. If we can stay a bit more injury-free this season, then we could be in for something pretty special (as if we haven't had that already!).

You too.

I agree. 
The evidence this far is that Rodgers agrees.

And so does his national manager, Martinez.

Seems likely (now that we ‘know’ we’re signing a RW) that 4231 will be the preferred formation next season. For that we have Ndidi, Mendy, Tielemans, KDH & Soumare to cover the ‘2’.

When we want to play a ‘3’ in midfield you could add Praet (if he stays) & Maddison as 8s too. 

Even assuming Hamza leaves, that’s significant depth & quality.

Edited by Steve Earle
Typo
  • Like 1

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This might end up being a problem for us!

A problem for us?

Because when we sign Pogba we’ll have too many midfielders?