Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

32 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

You’d think they’d go and sign Camavinga with the money, and keep the change. 

Not that I expect you to know this. But if you do, awesome. Just how good is this Camavinga lad meant to be? I know he’s really highly thought of but that’s all I know. 

18 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't believe I am pigeon holing anyone by saying what position I think they are best in. Great players seeing the game before them wherever they are on the pitch doesn't mean they don't have a best position. I think just about every player does. You wouldn't say that Youri is equally as good a right-back as he is a CM, would you? I bet he'd be decent at RB, as he's a great player, but he wouldn't be anywhere near as effective as he is in central midfield.

I think we might have tried Youri as a no.10 the season just gone, and I don't think it worked. Maybe someone else remembers? I don't believe he's quite mobile or agile enough for the role, really. Regardless, I think Youri is best playing the ball from deep. I hate Americanisms as much as the next cvnt, but I think Tielemans really is the quintessential quarterback. I believe the team should be built around him in that position.

I agree. It will be interesting to see how we line up now there is some real depth to the squad and no real sure-fire first XI. I think we're set up well to carry on improving. If we can stay a bit more injury-free this season, then we could be in for something pretty special (as if we haven't had that already!).

You too.

I was generalizing when I said Pidgeon holing players, Of course their are players who can only play one position. However Youri isn't one of them.

I agree he's not the quickest but he can get around the pitch comfortably similar to Maddison who also is not very quick. What they lack in pace they make up for in quickness of thought.

I don't remember him playing in the 10 role but maybe he has and I also agree he's good in the Deep midfield role. But if you look at his Best Bits Vid. all his best work comes in advanced positions, slipping others in , working well with Vardy and scoring goals himself, like the Cup final goal. He has more of them in him.

All from his deep position. Now if he were to play in an advanced free role to support the play as and where he sees fit. I think we could see a new and exciting player who contributes even more to the cause.

I guess it all depends on what the make up of our final squad as to how we're likely to line up, so we'll leave it there.

I hope we see KDH get a game tomorrow which I think he will get a run out anyway. Enjoy the game.

3 hours ago, casablancas said:

Not that I expect you to know this. But if you do, awesome. Just how good is this Camavinga lad meant to be? I know he’s really highly thought of but that’s all I know. 

Never watched him aside from some YouTube bits. But people who have, and who know a lot more about football than me rate him extremely highly, ceiling is higher than Pogba’s. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

ceiling is higher than Pogba’s

Yeah.

Like the height of someone’s ceiling has anything to do with how good they are at football.

Cathedrals have really high ceilings, but would you want the Archbishop of Canterbury in your midfield?

11 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Yeah.

Like the height of someone’s ceiling has anything to do with how good they are at football.

Cathedrals have really high ceilings, but would you want the Archbishop of Canterbury in your midfield?

3A4E1E95-2C49-434F-8FEE-DE50E1B9BC1E.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Yeah.

I really wouldn't mind if he could play better than Youri.

15 hours ago, Babylon said:

This might end up being a problem for us!

rumours are that Utd are looking to sign Goretzka from Bayern. He’s got 1yr left on his deal and still not signed a new contract too. 

5 minutes ago, s11nny said:

rumours are that Utd are looking to sign Goretzka from Bayern. He’s got 1yr left on his deal and still not signed a new contract too. 

I thought those rumours were more about some sort of pre contract agreement for him going there on a free next summer?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I thought those rumours were more about some sort of pre contract agreement for him going there on a free next summer?

That was the initial rumours. Latest ones suggest Utd making a move for him this summer. Goretzka prefers to stay at Bayern but they can’t offer the wages he demanding

On 23/07/2021 at 12:08, pmcla26 said:

I don’t really rate Ole’s tactics, but I rate him for targeting the right sort of players to bring into the club during his time there. Camavinga fits that same profile of player that Dan James, Jadon Sancho and Aaron Wan-Bissaka all have of young, physical, high potential players. 

Think it would be a decent move for them if Pogba went for big money and Camavinga came in - he’s gonna be the nuts. People are writing Donny Van De Beek off too early as well imo, he could be decent next season if he steps out of Pogba’s shadow and finds the form that earned him his move there. 

Don't see how DVDB and Fernandes play in the same side tbh, they both like to occupy the exact same spaces.

On 22/07/2021 at 22:30, ARM1968 said:

Spurs?

Yes I’ve heard they’ve got a new sponsor for the naming rights of the stadium The B&Q Economy Soft closing toilet seat Stadium !! 
Domestos just missed out by 50p 

& Toilet Duck just flapped about and missed the naming deadline !!:ph34r:

2C7ABD84-73F6-4F16-80B5-9FAC9841B6F1.jpeg

Edited by justfoxes
  • Haha 2

On 22/07/2021 at 22:30, ARM1968 said:

Spurs?

es I’ve heard they’ve got a new sponsor for the naming rights of the stadium it The B&Q Economy Soft closing toilet seat Stadium !! 

FC3DAED7-7201-4378-B410-B3D2D20C4041.jpeg

Edited by justfoxes

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

es I’ve heard they’ve got a new sponsor for the naming rights of the stadium it The B&Q Economy Soft closing toilet seat Stadium !! 

3021DC44-2DA6-49BC-9B1B-D10136B4190A.webpUnavailable

this is a really avant-garde bit.

• Haha 1