Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

7 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

£40m with a year left of his deal would be fine. He's helped us move to another echelon than he first came in on loan. We may think he's irreplaceable - and he's part of our folklore now after that stunner at Wembley - but it's partly down to him that we may be able to attract players who are at his level or who have the potential to be as good or better than him. A Leicester legend whatever happens now.

He won't be a Leicester legend if he shafts the club out of a transfer fee.

We got £60m for Mahrez, a player who was genuine world class for us in most of his time here and he is still vilified by a significant minority of supporters.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

He won't be a Leicester legend if he shafts the club out of a transfer fee.

We got £60m for Mahrez, a player who was genuine world class for us in most of his time here and he is still vilified by a significant minority of supporters.

can’t win can he?

Sticks around long enough to honor his contract and gets accused of shafting the club out of a transfer fee

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

can’t win can he?

Sticks around long enough to honor his contract and gets accused of shafting the club out of a transfer fee

He's entitled to do what he wants but if he walks away for free as a 26yo then he doesn't get legend status.

Put yourself in Youri‘s shoes. Why would he sign a new contract? 

He’s knows how good he is. He knows he’s good enough to play for the top, top sides or soon will be. He’ll have already here for what, 3 years by the end of this season? 

In that time he’s been instrumental in shifting us from a mid table side to one brushing shoulders with the top 6 and winning us the FA Cup. 

He won’t feel like he owes us anything and unless we suddenly break into the top 4, he’d quite rightly think we can’t offer him the next step for his career. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He's entitled to do what he wants but if he walks away for free as a 26yo then he doesn't get legend status.

So he signs a new contract, and the club decide not to let him go. People will say "well you shouldn't have signed a new contract then". Can't win really, can he?

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

for me legendary status is earned for what they have achieved for us, not how they leave us..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think he wanted to see how our transfer window goes and if truth be told we don't look strong enough to challenge top 4 and our rivals are looking stronger too.

Because we can't spunk £200million on signings? 

Tielemans moving to us was a brilliant move in his career as he has now shown his ability and worth in the best footballing league in the world.

He's at the perfect age now to be attractive to the giants of world football, and he might see a new contract as stagnating his career and progression.

On the flip side, he might be happy with the money he is earning here, the new contract & it's terms might suit him and the clubs ambition and facilities may be enough to convince him to stay. It's really hard to call but i am much more worried about him not renewing his contract than i am with Maddison going to Arsenal.

youri is an amazing player without a shadow of a doubt but before I get shot down, I don’t believe that he has improved massively since his loan spell.

he has better players around him now, then when he first joined on loan, so it becomes easier for him.

my point is in 2.5 years of playing at roughly the same standard (just my opinion), there has not been serious interest in him and most of the big clubs in Europe have recruited in midfield during this time.

Hopefully for us the top elite clubs continue to dismiss signing him and we enjoy him at our club for many years to come.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
51 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think he wanted to see how our transfer window goes and if truth be told we don't look strong enough to challenge top 4 and our rivals are looking stronger too.

Who looks stronger? 🤣

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He'll sign a new deal with a non Champions League qualification release clause for £60-70m

If Grealish is worth 100m so is Tielemans, comparable stats playing in a much deeper position 

Jack Grealish PL games 96, 15 goals, 16 assists 

Tielemans      PL games 88,  12 goals, 14 assists 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

The way I see it is that the offer is there already, but Tielemans wants to see if we qualify for the Champions League this season. If we do then he may sign it. 

That leaves us stuffed on his fee next summer as he will only have a year left ……

• Like 1
  • Sad 1