Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

If Grealish is worth 100m so is Tielemans, comparable stats playing in a much deeper position 

Jack Grealish PL games 96, 15 goals, 16 assists 

Tielemans      PL games 88,  12 goals, 14 assists 

Tielemans has the power play here though. Don't sign a new deal and we will be lucky to get £30-40m next summer. Agrees to sign but if we don't get top 4 then he can leave for a fee that only a select few will pay but at least 1 or 2 likely will so it offers him the prospect should he want it.

In an ideal world he would sign a new deal with no release clause but we agree that we won't stand in his way in a few years.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That leaves us stuffed on his fee next summer as he will only have a year left ……

A year left but come January 1st 2023 he can sign a pre-contract with a club abroad. If he gets to next summer without signing a new contract there’s no reason for him to leave even if we wanted him too as he can command a much higher wage & sof from a team abroad. 

3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

A year left but come January 1st 2023 he can sign a pre-contract with a club abroad. If he gets to next summer without signing a new contract there’s no reason for him to leave even if we wanted him too as he can command a much higher wage & sof from a team abroad. 

Correct - he could stay for two years from now and leave for nothing.  That wouldn’t suit us financially unless we make CL …..

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tielemans has the power play here though. Don't sign a new deal and we will be lucky to get £30-40m next summer. Agrees to sign but if we don't get top 4 then he can leave for a fee that only a select few will pay but at least 1 or 2 likely will so it offers him the prospect should he want it.

In an ideal world he would sign a new deal with no release clause but we agree that we won't stand in his way in a few years.

I know it's all about money but considering the type of player Tielemans is and the bond he has with this club, then I wouldn't have thought he'd want to harm the club transfer fee wise as he must know deep down that we'll keep our word on any agreements we'll give him. 

He has an immense bond with both BR and Top. Surely if he signed a new deal he can command a higher signing on fee and wage demands with a future club with say 3 years left on a deal etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

If Grealish is worth 100m so is Tielemans, comparable stats playing in a much deeper position 

But the last 80 odd games 

JG Villa had 38 of them in a team nearly getting relegated averaging just over one goal a game.

and a season finishing 11th

as opposed to Youri playing for a team that just missed out on Champions league football twice.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I know it's all about money but considering the type of player Tielemans is and the bond he has with this club, then I wouldn't have thought he'd want to harm the club transfer fee wise as he must know deep down that we'll keep our word on any agreements we'll give him. 

He has an immense bond with both BR and Top. Surely if he signed a new deal he can command a higher signing on fee and wage demands with a future club with say 3 years left on a deal etc. 

Possibly, he'd certainly not use underhand tactics to shaft us but north of £70m is huge money and maybe we'd still be able to get Tielemans to agree to a larger release clause but as I've said it would be subjective of us not getting top 4/CL qualification.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

JG Villa had 38 of them in a team nearly getting relegated averaging just over one goal a game.

as opposed to Youri playing for a team that just missed out on Champions league football twice.

But his the focal point, takes every freekick, everything went though him.

Youri does a lot more donkey work.

We've seen our champions league hopes dashed 2 seasons in a row due to lack of squad depth and this season we're starting the season with a depleted squad.

This time the transfer window is still open so we have a chance to rectify it. And if we buy well enough hopefully he'll sign that contract this month, otherwise I fear he'll be gone in January.

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

C’mon, that isn’t a fair comparison. Grealish was still playing for his primary school during the week and coming off the bench on the weekends during his first few seasons with Villa’s first team. 

4 hours ago, The_77 said:

C’mon, that isn’t a fair comparison. Grealish was still playing for his primary school during the week and coming off the bench on the weekends during his first few seasons with Villa’s first team. 

He was 18 when he made his debut, 62 of his 96 apps have been in the last two seasons in which he has scored 14 and assists 15, in compression in the last two seasons  

Youri has 9 goals and 10 assists in 75 app, but he has been playing as a deep playmaker doing far more defensive work the JG.

How much is Barnes worth 15 goal and 12 assists in 61 apps (Two year younger thn JG, and he doesn't take set pieces)

I know everyone's worried that he hasn't signed yet and it could be because he is considering his options but it could just as easily be both sides are completely relaxed over the situation and there is just no rush for him to sign a new contract so the club are dealing with other things first?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Kind of crazy how bad Grealishs stats are considering he's just become the most expensive British player ever. I mean he's only ever scored 29 league goals for Villa ever and he played a fair few times in the Championship too. For 100 million you'd expect that in a season not half a career.

Sky sports showed all his goals on Snapchat and a lot of them were flukey deflected goals. I never understood the hype for him, his most impressive stat is being ‘fouled’ the most the past two seasons! £100m is laughable 

• Like 1

On 05/08/2021 at 18:01, HankMarvin said:

Who remembers Grealish's first PL goal?

I'd just like to take this moment to wish Nathan Dyer a happy retirement, by the way. :worship:

• Like 1

On 05/08/2021 at 22:21, peach0000 said:

Kind of crazy how bad Grealishs stats are considering he's just become the most expensive British player ever. I mean he's only ever scored 29 league goals for Villa ever and he played a fair few times in the Championship too. For 100 million you'd expect that in a season not half a career.

Makes you wonder how many assists and goals were due to falling over in the box or just outside. 

• Like 1

To some extent I agree, but you have to factor in he's been far and away the most talented player in that villa team. Granted they played well last season, but even in a team like ours playing a full season you'd be daft not to bet on more goals.

It's similar to Mahrez before he left, in that he could score goals of completely his own making, but once teams worked out sitting deeper on us negated a lot of the threat Vardy offered, often he would be the focal point of the oppositions defense. He would regularly have 2 or 3 men on him because teams knew we lacked creativity if they could stifle him.

It does seem very expensive I agree, but I guess the money to them is simply no obstacle, they really wanted him and they knew if they went to £100m, that they would have him.

Apparently, his valuation was nothing to do with goals, it was on dives and free kicks won. £1 per dive and £5 per free kick. The guys a true asset. 

• Haha 1