Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

3 hours ago, car1os said:

He has Agent contacts & friends, this Basic marketting-ploy, should Not be allowed when on Open-Media platforms.

But Birds have been Flying since beginning of time.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 07/08/2021 at 15:42, ajthefox said:

To some extent I agree, but you have to factor in he's been far and away the most talented player in that villa team. Granted they played well last season, but even in a team like ours playing a full season you'd be daft not to bet on more goals.

It's similar to Mahrez before he left, in that he could score goals of completely his own making, but once teams worked out sitting deeper on us negated a lot of the threat Vardy offered, often he would be the focal point of the oppositions defense. He would regularly have 2 or 3 men on him because teams knew we lacked creativity if they could stifle him.

It does seem very expensive I agree, but I guess the money to them is simply no obstacle, they really wanted him and they knew if they went to £100m, that they would have him.

You can't compare grealish to mahrez. By the time mahrez left us he'd won a league, score 17 goals in a season and won the pfa player of the year.

“We don’t do release clauses any more.”  (At least that is the received wisdom among us fans, who will never read the ink on a City player’s contract.)

But here’s a player reaching a level where he will be avidly pursued by rich clubs.  Who has all the leverage, with only two years remaining.  And who obviously has wiser representatives looking out for his interests than, say, Harry Kane.  He is in a position to demand a release clause as a condition of extending.

Happy as he is here, he could decide (or be advised) to maximize his future flexibility with a release clause.  Do you think he will insist on one?  If so, what figure?

58 minutes ago, KingsX said:

“We don’t do release clauses any more.”  (At least that is the received wisdom among us fans, who will never read the ink on a City player’s contract.)

But here’s a player reaching a level where he will be avidly pursued by rich clubs.  Who has all the leverage, with only two years remaining.  And who obviously has wiser representatives looking out for his interests than, say, Harry Kane.  He is in a position to demand a release clause as a condition of extending.

Happy as he is here, he could decide (or be advised) to maximize his future flexibility with a release clause.  Do you think he will insist on one?  If so, what figure?

Yes, sure he’d want it at around 60-70m we’d likely want it significantly higher 

32 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

I think 80/90 mil would probably be fair. The grealish transfer thrown a lot off, but sancho just went for 78 mil so have a hard time believing Tielemans will ever fetch a fee much higher than that

I don't think we should sell YT, but take £100 million for him nothing less ,no way do I want to see YT leave our special club 

1 hour ago, John rayner said:

I don't think we should sell YT, but take £100 million for him nothing less ,no way do I want to see YT leave our special club 

Of course, you are a fan, this is your club,  footballers rarely are diehard fans of the clubs they play for.  

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

I think he'd look for a 60-70 mill release clause as reasonable but we'd want closer to 80-90 mill.  Anything above 70 mill is going to rule out a move abroad while the finances across Europe are up the spout. 

With his contract up in 23' this needs dealing with now to be honest. He comes across as an awesome character and a guy too, but he must know as well as the club that this needs putting to bed to stop the rumour mill. 

The negotiations have formally been spoken about on so many occasions, so if its a case that there isn't going to be deal then it needs clearing up in the best way possible. 

I'd say this to Youri - he knows how much clubs like us make from transfers like him, and if he loves the club as much as he says he does then just sign the damn contract. Otherwise we'll get pittance from 1 year left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

With his contract up in 23' this needs dealing with now to be honest. He comes across as an awesome character and a guy too, but he must know as well as the club that this needs putting to bed to stop the rumour mill. 

The negotiations have formally been spoken about on so many occasions, so if its a case that there isn't going to be deal then it needs clearing up in the best way possible. 

I'd say this to Youri - he knows how much clubs like us make from transfers like him, and if he loves the club as much as he says he does then just sign the damn contract. Otherwise we'll get pittance from 1 year left.

He doesn't owe us anything, though. He doesn't have to sign a contract if he doesn't want to, and it's likely he'll be thinking that there's no rush. He's not doing anything wrong by not signing a new contract.

It would be great if he extends his contract with us, but we shouldn't expect him to.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You can't compare grealish to mahrez. By the time mahrez left us he'd won a league, score 17 goals in a season and won the pfa player of the year.

I wasn't, not in terms of talent.

I'm not comparing them in terms of how good they are (or were). Rather I'm drawing a similarity purely in terms of their talent or potential attacking impact on a game, relative to the rest of their 11. 

I'm sure there is a better example of what I'm getting at than Riyad, but he jumped to mind and I was in a rush to write the post!

Edited by ajthefox

41 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

He doesn't owe us anything, though. He doesn't have to sign a contract if he doesn't want to, and it's likely he'll be thinking that there's no rush. He's not doing anything wrong by not signing a new contract.

It would be great if he extends his contract with us, but we shouldn't expect him to.

Name me a player from our club, with his resale value that we haven't had his contract dealt with for resale purposes after the 2 year marker...

I think the last paragraph is naive because hes potentially a £100mill player. Going on those circumstances next summer with a year left he'll be worth tens of millions lower.

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

We rescued him when his career had stagnated, was on the decline.  As a result of our investment in him his career is now back on track and flourishing.

That's not to say that we haven't benefitted too, but equally it would be totally untrue to say that he owes us nothing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Name me a player from our club, with his resale value that we haven't had his contract dealt with for resale purposes after the 2 year marker...

I think the last paragraph is naive because hes potentially a £100mill player. Going on those circumstances next summer with a year left he'll be worth tens of millions lower.

I don't see how the club not letting other players' contracts run down is relevant. I want him to sign a new contract and I'm sure the club do, too. He might not want to. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Could you explain how me saying we shouldn't expect Youri to sign a new contract is naive? I'd say the opposite is true, if anything. I know he's a highly valuable player. I know his value will be lower next summer when he enters the final year of his contract. I never said otherwise. I'm just saying I don't think we should assume he'll be signing a new contract. He'll be aware that there are bigger clubs interested, and it's in his interests to not sign a new contract with us if he thinks he might want to move on in the next two years.

52 minutes ago, deep blue said:

We rescued him when his career had stagnated, was on the decline.  As a result of our investment in him his career is now back on track and flourishing.

That's not to say that we haven't benefitted too, but equally it would be totally untrue to say that he owes us nothing.

I think that's a bit of a stretch. It's not like no-one else was interested, is it? Man Utd were sniffing around!

Okay. We have been good for him, but I don't think that means he should feel he has to stay here for the rest of his career.

I don't want people to get their hopes up too much that he'll be signing a new contract. I don't think it looks very likely at this point. I don't want people to turn on him if he doesn't, either. He doesn't deserve that.

• Like 2