Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

36 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think champions league aspirations looks further away than ever, there is deffo a glass ceiling and we've hit it, perhaps we should have strengthened in January.

We were in the champions league places for the majority of the season maybe the fact that we didn’t make it 2 Seasons in a row has for Tielemans put some doubt in his mind? 

Rodgers needs to convince him he’s going to do everything in his power to sign the right players and get us over the line next season.

Losing Tielemans would be massively disheartening.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Nothing more other than he’s allegedly open to a move to a cub who have CL football..... nothing more than that.... so I’d say there’s potentially a 60% chance he could be gone. Which isn’t clever for us. 

Id be fuming if he goes to Liverpool though. They’ve done my ****ing tree on this season, then and their cheese grater voiced fans. 

I'm pretty sure Liverpool would do everything to dick us on the fee too so I hope Rudders f***s them out of it 

At that end of the day if he wants to leave he will. But I think the club are very good at setting out a clear picture after the Mahrez saga. We would happily let him go if he agrees to the fee we want, and if we are able to start negotiations with a replacement. 
But Brendan would be very disappointed if he wanted to leave I imagine. We would need to replace him for sure.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

At that end of the day if he wants to leave he will. But I think the club are very good at setting out a clear picture after the Mahrez saga. We would happily let him go if he agrees to the fee we want, and if we are able to start negotiations with a replacement. 
But Brendan would be very disappointed if he wanted to leave I imagine. We would need to replace him for sure.

Exactly, Maguire was never worth £80 million. Youri will have a superb euros so any club will also be paying an inflated amount this summer. He’d walk into Liverpool’s team - well IMO he would.

Just now, Lesta Legend said:

Exactly, Maguire was never worth £80 million. Youri will have a superb euros so any club will also be paying an inflated amount this summer. He’d walk into Liverpool’s team - well IMO he would.

Oh agreed. He would walk into any team in the top 6 bar Man City maybe? We’ve well and truly resurrected his career. But until we finish in the top four, we’re probably going to have to accept the fact we will lose star players from time to time. 

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

Although I agree he’s good enough to get into the side, I’m not sure if they need him? Him and Thiago are almost identical players in terms of deep play makers, picking the ball up from the defenders in a 6 position and try to start attacks. Henderson is also very similar, but probably plays every so slightly further up the pitch. 

They need a Gini replacement. He was a box to box player that starts in the 8 position and carries the ball to where a 10 would play, and get into the box to try and pick up any lose crosses.

I can’t see this one happening simply because Liverpool don’t need this type of player. When we tried Youri in the 8 position last year he was nowhere near as effective.

Well this has put a downer on my morning. I really hope Youri stays. This could potentially put a hold on other transfers? Would the club let Mendy, Praet and Hamza go if Youri is a possible to go? We wouldn't have much of a midfield left? 

Stay Youri please!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Oh agreed. He would walk into any team in the top 6 bar Man City maybe? We’ve well and truly resurrected his career. But until we finish in the top four, we’re probably going to have to accept the fact we will lose star players from time to time. 

6 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Although I agree he’s good enough to get into the side, I’m not sure if they need him? Him and Thiago are almost identical players in terms of deep play makers, picking the ball up from the defenders in a 6 position and try to start attacks. Henderson is also very similar, but probably plays every so slightly further up the pitch. 

They need a Gini replacement. He was a box to box player that starts in the 8 position and carries the ball to where a 10 would play, and get into the box to try and pick up any lose crosses.

I can’t see this one happening simply because Liverpool don’t need this type of player. When we tried Youri in the 8 position last year he was nowhere near as effective.

Yeah I accept will lose players and we do it slightly above market rates IMO we do well here and it allows us to progress. Youri is such an essential cog this one will hit us a lot. 

Liverpool I think do have other areas they need to improve on first but no doubt he’ll improve them in that centre area and at his age many years of good solid winning football. 

I don't see it happening this summer and therefore he'd be silly not to take the 50-75% pay increase with the agreement of being allowed to leave next summer for a ball park figure if we don't get Champions League.

Not a chance we sell him for less than £70m this summer, so the only way we come out of this deal badly is if we refuse any team that low balls us and then Tielemans opts not to sign a new deal and we then are in the realms of him going next summer for £25-30m instead. I'd take that chance though as I believe he'll sign a new deal and go next summer for his true value and when the market has recovered slightly.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Perhaps they should've signed Soumare? 

Guest Kopfkino

I know Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world but I’ll be really disappointed if he leaves to anywhere but Real Madrid as a Modric/Kroos replacement. I know Madrid are a bit of a mess (still finished 2nd and a CL semi) but I see them as the pinnacle club.

Edited by Kopfkino

5 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

So many experts, where do they come from? Vlieger thinks it is time for Tielemans to leave the King Power and says Leicester would be lucky to keep him for one more season at the most.

They pander to what the "big 6" want to hear, hence get air time. 

• Like 3

Gutting as it will be if he should go, I suspect we already have someone in mind as a replacement, if indeed he does go, and I know we won't get every signing right, but I still trust our recruitment will probably have another gem up their sleeve. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Gutting as it will be if he should go, I suspect we already have someone in mind as a replacement, if indeed he does go, and I know we won't get every signing right, but I still trust our recruitment will probably have another gem up their sleeve. 

Like silva for DD ??

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

Hopefully so, but some players are more difficult to replace than others. Tielemans falls into the Mahrez/Kante category, not the Maguire/Chilwell/Drinkwater category.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Let's face it. If Liverpool really want him then he's as good as gone. 😥

Liverpool will have to pay a lot of money for him.  It has been reported that Rodgers is a Kieta fan, so they might throw him into the deal.

Also these stories seem to come out for leverage in negotiating a new contract.

Edited by Le Renard