Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

Agree it's not nice to have our top players once again paraded in the shop window by willing media outlets looking for a scoop.

For our club it took some work to get him remember the back and forth convincing him to come than to convince him to sign from

Monaco and Monaco not exactly playing along price wise when they clearly didn't want him around (Henry was manager hmm...)

we brought him to Leicester he played out of skin we loved him and still do he is already a legend for helping win us the FA cup

running on fumes. He was emotional because he knows how much he's loved at this club. He will not want to go despite what agents

and pundits will say. The club have to convince him his future is here. Give him what he wants on his contract and the captains arm band

(Kasper will understand). Once that contract is signed club officials can tell the big 6 charlies to pee off!

• Like 1

If the mega man does leave, one positive will mean that we have to actually start engaging in football matches and attacking. If we played next season like we did post-barnes injury without Tielemans, Rodgers would be out before Christmas.

What a pleasure to have a player like this on the books though. A genuinely top class talent coming into his prime and seems like a top bloke as well.

• Like 1

If Liverpool want him, which they don’t, straight swap for Van Dick (I know), Keita and Salah. That seems fair to me, just. I mean there is an argument that they should throw in £20-30 million on top, but, you know, best to be realistic. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Verumex said:

This thread is hysterical. 

Let's think about it from his agent's perspective. His agent that we know from experience is awkward, patient and willing to drag things out if it leads to a better contract for his client. His agent that we know is very close with Youri. 

You have a client who is very settled in his club, and both parties want to sign a new contract, but you want your client to get the best contract possible. What do you do? 

What you do is you wait. You advise him to not proceed with contract talks before the new transfer window opens. You reach out to other clubs to hear out potential offers. You leak out whispers of interest. You let the player represent his country during the upcoming international tournament, putting him in the shop window as speculation grows. 

This achieves two things. It keeps your client's options open, if a big opportunity turns up that he is interested in he can take it. But if he truly is settled in at the club he is at, you can be sure that when he does sign a new contract for them, it will be a lucrative one, as they will be willing to increase wages simply out of fear of losing him to clubs that the client actually has no interest in joining. 

Agency work involves a lot of manipulation and game playing, and this reeks of it.

Don't expect a new contract announcement any time soon, but that doesn't mean he isn't staying. It was the same story two years ago, all these stories of Man Utd and Arsenal coming in for him and he was never interested, it was all games by his agent.

Risky. Youri could get an injury and then his contract options might reduce and not be as good as he could otherwise expect.

11 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

If rumours true, he is gone.  And good for him, he is better then what we are at, he will massively improve with the better players he will be training and playing with.  But we will want top ££££££

Stop to tell .........

The issue here is that the market is suppressed by covid

just as we had to accept 50m for ben last summer when we set our stall out at 70m+, so we will have to accept below 60m for YT if we allow him to leave this summer. Of course we could take a chance that a market next summer could support 40m with only a year left on his contract but that risks an unhappy player next season and no guarantees that we end up with more than 25m in a years time. 

18 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Mate for some perspective forest fans are getting excited about signing Accrington Stanley striker Dion Charles. 

We are about to complete the signing of one of the best young midfielders in Europe who is the one of the best players from the current French champions. 

Don't let a bit of agent manoeuvring and tabloid talk ruin your summer! 

Accrington Stanley?

Who are they?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Sadly, clubs look at us and what we're doing and want a piece as we're a threat. With or without champions league we'd never pay someone 200k a week sadly. The long and short of it is that's what we're competing with. Until we have confidence we'd qualify for the Champions League every season and have commercial revenues that exceed 150m this will happen.

The sum of all our parts is greater than the individual- if Youri goes that'll free up 70m and a 7m a year in wages which we can reinvest whilst KDH and Soumare fill the void (possibly one other too). And that's a big if by the way, I still think he'll sign for one more year.

This 'the champions league has cost us' line that's trotted out is lazy, it's way more nuanced than that.

Not just us. City might be the stand-out exception but this denudation of class players, before they can contribute to furthering  their clubs position, is the name of the game.

It's been stated before, that this hasn't always been the case with the current clique, but some club or other has always had the financial clout to draw away the best players. Alan Clarke stayed for just one season before he went off to Leeds in 1969/70. But the maximum salary system had not long been abolished and players, even First Division ones, still needed financial security. That's just not the case any longer at this level.

I'm trying to find a rationale that places our club in a position of squad security and I just cannot.

All the justification for players to demonstrate a belief in a model that doesn't corner talent by the use of immense wealth, just doesn't compute with them. City might have the best training facility in the country, have the best British manager, have an owner who demonstrates decorum, generosity and morality and have great plans for the future - but that just doesn't work in the mindset of modern football.

The Club has weathered the loss of N'Golo, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell - really only Kante and Mahrez were real losses, but Youri is a more significant player than any of those, Kante included. He goes and a 'stinger' has been hurled in front of City's progress. He stays one season and that could be the positive needed to elevate our team. He goes and no KDH or Soumare is going to fill that space.

You're right - losing that CL place line as an excuse is a no-goer. That we're beset by clubs who actively will use their vast resources to negate everything good about the way our club is run - even to the point of still being able to bid for our players, in spite of their attempt to corner their power even more, is the prime reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Risky. Youri could get an injury and then his contract options might reduce and not be as good as he could otherwise expect.

They're in the football business, that's something that could happen at any time, you can't be worried about that. Absolutely a risk I would take were I his agent. 

• Like 1

Youri will know that many a player who has left for a " big club" has been unable to live with the pressure and expectations and he is still young enough to wait awhile . I think he needs a couple more seasons with us to really nail his fitness and hone his skills before he takes the plunge.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Youri will know that many a player who has left for a " big club" has been unable to live with the pressure and expectations and he is still young enough to wait awhile . I think he needs a couple more seasons with us to really nail his fitness and hone his skills before he takes the plunge.

Youri is class though, as was riyad and kantè. 

• Like 3

On 25/05/2021 at 11:28, FoxesWalk said:

2024? Just a one year extension isn’t exactly the commitment we were hoping for I bet... better than selling though.

...you never know what will happen in the future!!!

Another 5 year contract would have committed him and but we would have no guarantee that he would be here in the next two seasons. I think he sees this club as perfect for him and the right feel and balance and something he can help to build. If there was a club just right to develop and grow with it is surely us. It would not surprise me if he is not looking at management already and I get the impression that he will be having a bigger input off the pitch.

Absolutely no worries regarding contracts, they are strategic moves by clubs and agents, I perhaps naively believe he will be here for some time.

23 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

This reads more a treatise of hope than reality. 

I'm sure he backs himself. It'll be a decision not made on 'can I handle the pressure'. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Mate for some perspective forest fans are getting excited about signing Accrington Stanley striker Dion Charles. 

We are about to complete the signing of one of the best young midfielders in Europe who is the one of the best players from the current French champions. 

Don't let a bit of agent manoeuvring and tabloid talk ruin your summer! 

Gerrreimin we want him

15 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

This reads more a treatise of hope than reality. 

I'm sure he backs himself. It'll be a decision not made on 'can I handle the pressure'. 

There must be a seed of doubt after his Monaco experience. 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

“Weak people feel pressure” – Jermaine Beckford 31st August 2011 11:45pm

• Haha 1

I think he’ll go, as much as I hate to say it. If he was committed he’d have signed by now. But I’ll feel about it the same way I feel about Kante going - no hard feelings. 

• Sad 1