Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AS78UK

Youri Tielemans

11 hours ago, Blarmy said:

I think he’ll go, as much as I hate to say it. If he was committed he’d have signed by now. But I’ll feel about it the same way I feel about Kante going - no hard feelings. 

I suspect he genuinely hasn't made up his mind yet. He wants to see what offers come in but he's open to staying too. Negotiations with the club are ongoing but he's in no rush and may want to wait until after the Euros before deciding. I don't blame him really - most people in his position would take their time over the decision.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I suspect he genuinely hasn't made up his mind yet. He wants to see what offers come in but he's open to staying too. Negotiations with the club are ongoing but he's in no rush and may want to wait until after the Euros before deciding. I don't blame him really - most people in his position would take their time over the decision.

I agree, but that basically means that if a better offer comes in he will go, and I just can’t see a better offer not coming in. Higher wages and CL football.

I don't think our club particularly with how it conducts its transfer policy would allow a situation with their star player to run over and into the summer with the euros in-between.

I can't see our best player going, no1 because BR would expect the club to have already replaced him with a marquee signing and no2 because BR would be seriously pissed.

15 hours ago, Blarmy said:

I think he’ll go, as much as I hate to say it. If he was committed he’d have signed by now. But I’ll feel about it the same way I feel about Kante going - no hard feelings. 

Not necessarily, could be still working on the new deal.

football is a job to theses players and they want to get the very best wage possible.

After the season he has had his stock is high and I'm sure his agent will be asking for a massive increase.

Theses things take time.

He will be a Leicester player next season.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

I don't think our club particularly with how it conducts its transfer policy would allow a situation with their star player to run over and into the summer with the euros in-between.

I can't see our best player going, no1 because BR would expect the club to have already replaced him with a marquee signing and no2 because BR would be seriously pissed.

Some things are outside the club's control. If we're in negotiations with YT about a new contract, but he or his agent want to wait to see what all their options are, what can the club do about that? We can only offer so much, you know?

BR isn't stupid. He'll understand that we're not in a position to keep every player we want to. Isn't it possible that it looked like Youri would extend his contract until recently? How could we be expected to have already replaced him with a marquee signing if that was the case?

It seems like Soumare is a done deal. Would you call that a marquee signing?

Would giving us 1 more season be that big a deal for YT? He'd have many years ahead still to boss it in the euro elite. Let's persuade him to sign a two year extension with an agreed £60mil clause he can activate next summer. We get another season with him and still a chunk of dosh when he goes. 

Now whose best place to speak to him about it? My missus is quite persuasive!

53 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Would giving us 1 more season be that big a deal for YT? He'd have many years ahead still to boss it in the euro elite. Let's persuade him to sign a two year extension with an agreed £60mil clause he can activate next summer. We get another season with him and still a chunk of dosh when he goes. 

Now whose best place to speak to him about it? My missus is quite persuasive!

I can agree with this but the clause has to be £80 million. It’s fair. He’s worth that and someone will pay it. 

21 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I can agree with this but the clause has to be £80 million. It’s fair. He’s worth that and someone will pay it. 

I understand what you mean. But he won't extend, if he views the clause will restrict his move on options. 80mil is a big number and only a few clubs have that buying power. I think to get the extra year we might have to compromise re-sale value. These are the decisions clubs assess. Profit in the bank or profit on the pitch!!

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I understand what you mean. But he won't extend, if he views the clause will restrict his move on options. 80mil is a big number and only a few clubs have that buying power. I think to get the extra year we might have to compromise re-sale value. These are the decisions clubs assess. Profit in the bank or profit on the pitch!!

Pitch all day!

8 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I agree and you might well be spot on. However the clubs he would realistically go to are the ones who would pay 80 million. You could be right though tbf. 

8 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

If the release clause value is a huge sticking point, the club may look to extend his contract without a clause to protect the value of the asset, knowing potential buyers finances could be in a much better position next year assuming COVID has fully passed. 

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

If the release clause value is a huge sticking point, the club may look to extend his contract without a clause to protect the value of the asset, knowing potential buyers finances could be in a much better position next year assuming COVID has fully passed. 

He won't sign it. He holds all the cards here. He will only pen something that gives him options & his liberty. The foxes will not be having their cake and eat it!

14 hours ago, Blarmy said:

He has a Contract until " 2024"....He has the Euros to contemplate,comit to and get through, just because some fans panic

& want a signature,to settle down & sooth their own nerves & worries, doesnt mean the creation of agendas have any wheels...

Footballers just dont Plan their future or lives on Football- forum wave-lengths & worries of the fans..

Edited by fuchsntf

4 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He won't sign it. He holds all the cards here. He will only pen something that gives him options & his liberty. The foxes will not be having their cake and eat it!

He might sign it if he's happy to stay another year to see and there's no strong interest in him this summer. At this point none of us know unless they're in direct contact with Youri or people close to him. 

7 minutes ago, turlo said:

He might sign it if he's happy to stay another year to see and there's no strong interest in him this summer. At this point none of us know unless they're in direct contact with Youri or people close to him. 

I'm not going to rain on your optimism. I really hope it does pan out favourably for us. We will see.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly he took ages signing up permanently with us, looking around for better options. The situation is no different now. His agent will be scouring for better options and eventually Youri will do what's good for him. Realistically no one will be able to match our asking prize and he'll be here for at least another season.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Independent value is between £50 -60 million. That is likely to be £20 million less than what we want. At the moment those clubs who can afford that probably don't desperately need him. They would certainly like him but to the tune of paying £20 million over valuation I would doubt it. The pandemic is going to make the big spenders much more cautious. A contract extension seems to be the likely outcome.

If you believe all the reports (many of were from top sources), we were trying to lock up a new contract this winter. It’s now almost June— kinda tough to have a good feeling about this. 

26 minutes ago, sm1 said:

If I remember correctly he took ages signing up permanently with us, looking around for better options. The situation is no different now. His agent will be scouring for better options and eventually Youri will do what's good for him. Realistically no one will be able to match our asking prize and he'll be here for at least another season.

Joined on 8th July, so certainly wasn’t quick, but still before pre-season

However from what came out as well it was his agent that was shopping around trying to get him to a big team (specifically Man Utd) and it was Youri that basically told him to push through the move to us

Certainly a possibility that it will go the same route where he ends up signing a new deal because he hasn’t moved clubs by pre-season

Edited by moore_94

52 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

He has a Contract until " 2024"....He has the Euros to contemplate,comit to and get through, just because some fans panic

& want a signature,to settle down & sooth their own nerves & worries, doesnt mean the creation of agendas have any wheels...

Footballers just dont Plan their future or lives on Football- forum wave-lengths & worries of the fans..

I know they don’t. It’s just my opinion - with the full understanding this will have no bearing on the outcome.

Not sure there is anything to be concerned or pleased about, as its close season, the (stupid arse) Euro's are imminent, so everyone is entitled to some time off from even thinking about football. Its not like he has almost run his contract down to the point where action is needed right this second.

However, this is the tightrope we must walk, as if Youri (Replace with A.N.Other)  is made to honour his contract, then the next Youri would think twice about joining. It just means Youri has all the power right now, he may sign, he clearly values the nature of the club, the question is, is the whole package (wages, ambition, reach, possibilities, etc) enough?

We shall see 

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1