Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

There is something dreadfully wrong at Forest, and has been for years and years. This malaise has transcended a dozen or two management regimes and three ownership eras. 

You can’t help but conclude there is a very, very deep-rooted cultural problem at the club, which managers and even owners can’t address (albeit their past two ownership regimes have been complete nutters).

I genuinely believe it stems from their complete lack of humility as a club. They always seem to believe they’re on the cusp of greatness.

They need a complete reset. They need to acknowledge they are a very poor Championship / League 1 level club, forget about the 1970s, and have a serious think about how they are going to build steadily and sustainably. 

I mean, obviously, I prefer watching this ever-descending spiral of shitshowery.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

There is something dreadfully wrong at Forest, and has been for years and years. This malaise has transcended a dozen or two management regimes and three ownership eras. 

You can’t help but conclude there is a very, very deep-rooted cultural problem at the club, which managers and even owners can’t address (albeit their past two ownership regimes have been complete nutters).

I genuinely believe it stems from their complete lack of humility as a club. They always seem to believe they’re on the cusp of greatness.

They need a complete reset. They need to acknowledge they are a very poor Championship / League 1 level club, forget about the 1970s, and have a serious think about how they are going to build steadily and sustainably. 

I mean, obviously, I prefer watching this ever-descending spiral of shitshowery.

Getting relegated to League One worked for us... 

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Yep. But not for them! Don’t forget they spent about three years in League 1, scraped promotion and have been dreadful ever since!

Indeed. They went down and gave it the big un. Its an honour for you to play at The world famous city ground type bollox. 

We, and others (saints, norwich) went down and simply decided to come back up. No fuss. Take your medicine, knuckle down and gtfo of there. 

That red filth were absolute upper mid table shite in league 1 and was possible ly the least deserving promotion ever won. 

As you say, the total lack of humility to accept what they are from owners to players to managers to fans has ruined over two decades. Long may it continue. The vilest club on earth (and I mean that)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Just seen Coventry are in 4th! Don't think anyone would have had them, Stoke and Huddersfield in 4th, 5th and 6th this early on. 

At the other end, Reading, Sheff Utd and Swansea just above relegation zone... 

Could do with Mark Robbins leaving hes doing a fab job there 😂 I wonder if any premier league club would consider him. I mean could see him going to somewhere like Newcastle?

43 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Could do with Mark Robbins leaving hes doing a fab job there 😂 I wonder if any premier league club would consider him. I mean could see him going to somewhere like Newcastle?

Only if it continued all season, plenty of mangers have decent starts and then fade away.

17 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

I suppose it constitutes a “brawl”, I don’t crave violence or anything but I think the words used when players have a ruck are quite over the top, for what ultimately is just a lot of pushing, shoving and posturing. 

Like the Palace and Spurs game too when zaha and Tanganga had their incident. Pearce claimed there was a raised hand but there was just a lot windmilling.

I think saying that game 'has it all' might have been going a bit far!

I thought I would watch a championship game for a change, I forgot how dog awful most of the games are, completely devoid of any talent. 

• Like 1

Forest have been rotten to the core for decades. It is harder and harder to think of them even as a "sleeping giant" any longer. If you look at the history, apart from the undoutedly successful Clough era, they've been mostly a second (or worse) tier team - before and after Cloughie

Apart from an FA Cup in the 50's practically everything of note they've ever won in their history was by Brian Clough.

I think even Pep or Klopp would struggle to get a tune out of that team!

16 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Forest have been rotten to the core for decades. It is harder and harder to think of them even as a "sleeping giant" any longer. If you look at the history, apart from the undoutedly successful Clough era, they've been mostly a second (or worse) tier team - before and after Cloughie

Apart from an FA Cup in the 50's practically everything of note they've ever won in their history was by Brian Clough.

I think even Pep or Klopp would struggle to get a tune out of that team!

This applies to Leeds too, who won nothing before Revie and only a league title afterwards. Yet we've put up with these clubs being called "big" despite  the fact they've both spent about the last 20 years in the second and third tiers.

56 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

This applies to Leeds too, who won nothing before Revie and only a league title afterwards. Yet we've put up with these clubs being called "big" despite  the fact they've both spent about the last 20 years in the second and third tiers.

Leeds I can understand more to a certain extent. Biggest one club city in the country, big fan base across Europe, some lively rivalries with a number of different other clubs as well as newer European rivalries, old school stadium. In terms of stature I think they are quite a big club, but yeah if you break down their history their success is only centred around one period. I’m no Leeds sympathiser by the way, but I think I get it is what I’m saying. 

To be fair though the only clubs really who have sustained success have been Manchester United and Liverpool, really - Chelsea are probably a newer example of that and Man City to a certain extent. Even teams like Everton who are a massive, massive club in the grand scheme of things have had their time in the sun now too. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manini said:

Leeds I can understand more to a certain extent. Biggest one club city in the country, big fan base across Europe, some lively rivalries with a number of different other clubs as well as newer European rivalries, old school stadium. In terms of stature I think they are quite a big club, but yeah if you break down their history their success is only centred around one period. I’m no Leeds sympathiser by the way, but I think I get it is what I’m saying. 

To be fair though the only clubs really who have sustained success have been Manchester United and Liverpool, really - Chelsea are probably a newer example of that and Man City to a certain extent. Even teams like Everton who are a massive, massive club in the grand scheme of things have had their time in the sun now too. 

Yeah Liverpool and Man Utd are the most consistent, even though both went 30 years without winning a league title they had success in other competitions including the Champions League (for Liverpool in 2005).

Everton/Villa have won loads, big fan base, big ground but recently nothing major. Think Everton last won FA Cup in the 90's so if Rafa does something there I'm sure their opinion will change on him!

Leeds fan base is massive, and they will be one of the best away fans to visit us later this season, but a huge City (literally one of the biggest in the Country) and it has one club. Plus a lot of older fans, not from Leeds, will have started to support them due to their success in the 70s a bit like our generation get it with Man Utd fans now.