Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Should have been done last season and relegated them. 

If the 6 English clubs who broke away were punished there could be no arguments (especially when the argument was “you can’t dock points, that only punishes fans and players who had no part of it”) even that aside though Man City’s continual assault on football, other clubs and FFP without no punishment, a precedent has been set now and I don’t see how they can hand out such punishments others and let others get away with things simply based on stature, money and nothing else.

Disgusting.

Perhaps Man City can lend Derby (and others) a few brown envelopes.

Edited by Matt

That statement from the club is pretty limp as well, blamed literally everyone but their own ineptitude to run a club.  I won't pretend to understand the financing side of things that led to this, but the accounting fiasco, Rooney's betting sponsor, Keogh sacking, Lawrence being appointed captain, not sending out tickets in time for games, takeover from blatant shysters, Mel Morris' team talks are just a handful of the bizarre things their management have done off the top of my head.  It's shockingly inept and once again the fans are the ones to be put through the ringer on all this.

• Like 1

They’ve been run like “someone at a car boot sale for the first time”, for a while now. 

I feel for the fans really, as it’s them that will suffer. 

We’ve been in this position, it’s not nice and fans belittling them

isn't nice. Unfortunately it’s going to get worse before it gets better for them and I hope they don’t end up like the Wimbledon of old. 

43 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Rooney won't stick around to see all this will he?

Isn’t he paid by 32 Red rather than Derby County? I think he was when he was playing anyway, so maybe that has something to do with it. Who knows. Who cares. Rams in the mud drink it innnnn! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Manini said:

Isn’t he paid by 32 Red rather than Derby County? I think he was when he was playing anyway, so maybe that has something to do with it. Who knows. Who cares. Rams in the mud drink it innnnn! 

He is yes, well partly they pay a large % of his wage. I was talking to a Derby fan the other day and he said apparently Mel Morris was showing fake potential owners around to prove he was trying to sell the club. Apparently they were just some random people he knew. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He is yes, well partly they pay a large % of his wage. I was talking to a Derby fan the other day and he said apparently Mel Morris was showing fake potential owners around to prove he was trying to sell the club. Apparently they were just some random people he knew. 

Absolute crook he is 

• Like 1

I hate derby as much as the next city fan. Growing up, they were the biggest rival for me. 

I'll be laughing all day if they get relegated, especially given where we are now. 

But I hope they survive as a club, find a normal owner or the supporters trust come in. Struggling is one thing, going busy is quite another, normal people on low salaries will lose their jobs and it is only football after all. So fingers crossed they survive.

• Like 1