Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

5 hours ago, 21st Century Fox said:

I don't understand the indifference or actively wishing to see a rival wiped from existence. All that history gone would be criminal. Waiting for the chance to get a rival in a cup or meeting them in the league one day is what makes football. Especially coming from us we really should be in a "wouldn't want to see it happen to my worst enemy" mindset.

Na it's good fun for me, I'm afraid. Cheerio!

Another club gutted by scumbag owners with no clue about either the logistics or culture of football - in this case, Yanks that probably bought them because they heard they used to play at the Baseball Ground.

I feel for them, really. Few owners make my toes curl like theirs do. They've just always had this transparent mindset of treating Derby like a business asset or brand rather than an entity that means something to people.

Just hope they still have a club to support at the end of it all.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

When it's the super league crew 'Don't punish the fans', when it's anyone else 'deduct them points'.

In all honesty I’ve always been against point deductions for admin. It punishes a club, it’s staff and supporters while the cretins that caused the mess feck off scot free. 

Owners shouldn’t be allowed near another football club again after taking one into admin, should face sanctions on future business ownership and should be made liable for the debt they ran up. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

In all honesty I’ve always been against point deductions for admin. It punishes a club, it’s staff and supporters while the cretins that caused the mess feck off scot free. 

Owners shouldn’t be allowed near another football club again after taking one into admin, should face sanctions on future business ownership and should be made liable for the debt they ran up. 

Whilst I completely agree I do see reasons for points deductions applying certainly as you've quoted @Leicester_Loyal and when it concerns the 'super league crew' as they have quite rightly labelled them.

Man City continually break FFP, they simply pay their way out of it though, Derby were facing a -9 (with a -3 to follow next season) for breaking FFP rules before administration emerged and added to points deductions.

Man City should have been banned from the Champions League, I believe they paid there way out of that one too.

The greedy six got a couple of million pounds fine for their attempted breakaway.

Do you see a pattern emerging? For example, those big clubs, the 'elite', seem to get anyway with continual rule breaching, at most they get a fine, a fine isn't a punishment for those clubs when they have bottomless pit which is usually the reason behind rule breaches when it concerns those clubs, fine's do not hurt those clubs, however a points deduction would, it'd make them think alot harder or even to go one further banning them from competitions.

I contradict myself slightly when I say the 'big' clubs never get punished when I note that the only proper, fit and fair punishment of one of the 'big' clubs that I can recall is Chelsea's transfer ban.

I 100% agree with you in Derby's case (And other clubs that have been through the same and will in the future), struggling clubs should be helped, they don't go into adminstration for the fun of it and I don't see how it would benefit a club on the field, why these clubs should get a points deduction is beyond me, meanwhile clubs, usually the 'elite' who blatently cheat in such a way its benefits the massively on the field can break as many rules and get away with little to no punishment.

On the other hand, I made the point earlier, back when we went into adminstration I believe a vote went to every club on whether points should be deducted if clubs enter administration and I think there was us and perhaps one or two other who voted against it, so i'm a believer of what goes around comes around and ultimately they've made their bed, lie in it.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Obviously you have to feel for the fans…until you open any sort of social media and they’re dragging up unrelated administrations from 20 years ago under different rules as to why they’ve been hard done by.

They have been cheating for years. The accounting they were using on the stadium and (less-high profile) but more egregiously the players is absolutely disgraceful, I could not believe it when I read about it. Basically ignored years of convention and what virtually every other football club was doing to make themselves look profitable (or rather less loss-making).

Even putting that to one side, they employ(ed) one of the most famous men in English football in a way that was funded primarily by a gambling operator when there is an epidemic of gambling-related harm in the UK. The owner repeatedly lied about them being on the verge of securing investment and has done so on a loop for most of the last 5 years.

So yes I do feel sorry for the fans, at least those who are honest enough to look at their own situation in isolation and see that their club has been run in an absolutely immoral manner which is a stain on their history. And that’s just the financial stuff, not even going to touch on the Lawrence/Bennett/Keogh business.

And it is absolutely not right that there are (huge) points deductions for mismanaged clubs who unsuccessfully failed to cheat financial rules which are there for the protection of the elite as much as the posterity of the clubs themselves, especially when 6 of those elite clubs recently tried to undermine the entire football pyramid in this country and got off virtually Scot free.

But Derby County the club deserve everything that’s coming to them. Hopefully they can find a way to rebuild and come back stronger from League One as we did. It would be good to play them in the top flight in a few years once they’ve cleared out their toxic ownership and sorted themselves out.

I'd be sad for them if they ended up being liquidated, that'd be bad obviously. 

But given they'll just end up being relegated, do a couple seasons in the third tier, get bought out and come back having gotten rid of their dead weight I can't say I'm all that fvcked. 

It'll be pretty funny if Forest and Derby are both in League One, let's be honest. Don't care how they get there. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd be sad for them if they ended up being liquidated, that'd be bad obviously. 

But given they'll just end up being relegated, do a couple seasons in the third tier, get bought out and come back having gotten rid of their dead weight I can't say I'm all that fvcked. 

It'll be pretty funny if Forest and Derby are both in League One, let's be honest. Don't care how they get there. 

East Midlands Today may need a mourning period to cope with reporting such grief..

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

East Midlands Today may need a mourning period to cope with reporting such grief..

Does Natalie still do their sports segments? I can still see the wet patch Billy Davies gave her ten years ago. :D

• Haha 2

On 18/09/2021 at 15:13, KingsX said:

Morris & Co arrogant to the bitter end: "it became clear that the process which has been underway to identify a purchaser for the Club likely would not be productive over the near term, despite the number of negotiations with credible parties."

for those of you who haven't seen the exposé of that "process":

Cheers for this. 

Just watched it. I knew football was bent....just never really thought about at what level. The scary thing is, "Tip of the Iceberg" springs to mind. 

Top flight football, I think you'd struggle to find a club not guilty of some sort of fraud. 

Mel Morris is dodgy AF by the way. 

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think if there's signs of a football club miss run by the owner or owners then there should be the power of the EFL to strip them of there ownership, the EFL have then four to five month window to assist find new ownership. 

The problem is, like the Premier League, the EFL is made of all the owners with all of their interests. You’re always going to get agendas and there will never be a fair outcome. An independent regulator is desperately needed.

On 18/09/2021 at 07:28, Babylon said:

They’ve slated us for years for administration so f*** them. Same with Forest when their shambles inevitably ends up going that way. 

Some of their supporters,doesn't mean all their crowd...

Every Team that goes into admin, is a competitor, a Welcome rival, a Club less, therefore also a diminishing of Value in winning any title...

I stand prove that UK can offer 90+ Professional clubs...

Despite Rivalary that leans on Tribal hatred for some...I Like some others were Initiator & learnt the around rival hate of Coventry,Forest,Derby,Birmingham,any

other midlands  Waana-be rival....+ Arsenal, at the Time Never Spurs,Chelsea ( that came later). Midlands never WBA,Wolves, N.County for some Strange reason,

I Never want to See any club go into Admin or go totally OOB...In any sport, Profi or amateur.

Major or small Communities are hit, businesses indirectly ,and with job-losses ,livelyhoods, even Hobbies & pastimes People unnecessarily  suffer .

A Business in Leicester could suffer ( if you See so tribal)..

Because of a few morons or hard-tribal hate, from the so called other side, would make me the same sort of twat..

My Goldfish , neighbouring insects,& neighbours Cat, couldnt push me Anywhere near those sentiments, even if the afflicted remain twats all their lives...

And you of all people, who I thought held this forum in Balance & gives us that wisdom & sophistication that prevents us Falling into an abyss of self-delusion.

Today I lose Another hero...:(... You were my Jimmy Greaves of Forums...