Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

1 hour ago, lcfc cowboys said:

Well you are a horses arse then never good for any club even if they are rivals or not.its never good when a club goes into admistration or folds and of cause its the fans players and staff that suffer when has somebody has all ready said while the owners  walk off into the sunset

Dont care lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tinman said:

Suck it up, deal with it, rebuild. It will take time, but we will still have a football club.

does anyone actually know how much debt the club are in?

It's a bad situation, clubs going into adminstration and / or folding benefits no one and it is the fans and the lower paid staff who suffer the most.

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

9 points from safety. Oof. 

I still think they might get out of it. There's a long season to go and I reckon they'd have finished 10 points above relegation any way. 

I don't think so, based on what we've seen so far they look half decent and rooney has done a decent job, but it's a barebones squad, how many injuries they gonna have come Christmas and when half the squad will probably retire at the end of the season I can't see it. Would be remarkable from Rooney really, genuinely think that would eclipse the golden generation of coaches accomplishments so far

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

He's referring to the other points punishment that Derby could also receive (a 9-point penalty for improper accounts-filing).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10016217/Derby-enter-administration-Struggling-Rams-hit-12-point-deduction-21.html

-12 points is the automatic penalty for a club entering administration, which is already put into effect - that you've correctly shown above.

Edited by Wymsey

Hilarious that Derby have had a massive point deduction and are on minus points, yet Forest are still only a few point ahead of them!

In all seriousness, what a mess at Derby. That Mel Morris is a proper, proper clown. Gives it the big un with his ‘I’m a Derby fan’, yet he has royally stuffed the club.

He strikes me as one of those business people who has been extremely successful (lucky?) at one very specific thing, and thinks they can do anything - but they can’t. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I don't think so, based on what we've seen so far they look half decent and rooney has done a decent job, but it's a barebones squad, how many injuries they gonna have come Christmas and when half the squad will probably retire at the end of the season I can't see it. Would be remarkable from Rooney really, genuinely think that would eclipse the golden generation of coaches accomplishments so far

I forgot they've probably got another 9 point deduction coming on top of that. 

9 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Hilarious that Derby have had a massive point deduction and are on minus points, yet Forest are still only a few point ahead of them!

In all seriousness, what a mess at Derby. That Mel Morris is a proper, proper clown. Gives it the big un with his ‘I’m a Derby fan’, yet he has royally stuffed the club.

He strikes me as one of those business people who has been extremely successful (lucky?) at one very specific thing, and thinks they can do anything - but they can’t. 

I was listening to the Price of Football Podcast with Kieran Maguire yesterday, and I'd like to get @Tinman's view if possible on Mel Morris, and the Ram's Trust. They have a representative from the Trust on and I was really annoyed listening to him at stages. It was almost like he was a semi-apologise for Morris, sounding almost sympathetic at times with him and pointing fingers at the EFL rather than looking squarely at the owner.

Maguire gave him short shrift about amortisation when he talked about that as well. Obviously the guy wants the best for Derby but it felt like he was trying to let Morris off the hook for this, and that just felt wrong.

He's clearly gambled to get up and failed, made staggering losses, sold the ground and leaves Derby on a precipice. All this whilst claiming to be a fan. Such a fan, yet won't stump up the £26m tax bill that needs to be paid by all accounts. Apparently he's not short of cash, he's not "run out" of money, he's just upped sticks and left them in the mire.

To be honest the way Maguire was going on it felt very bleak. Massive debts and no major asset as the ground isn't owned by them, and seemingly the company that owns the ground isn't going into admin either (as of that podcast anyway.) That's quite the challenge.

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I was listening to the Price of Football Podcast with Kieran Maguire yesterday, and I'd like to get @Tinman's view if possible on Mel Morris, and the Ram's Trust. They have a representative from the Trust on and I was really annoyed listening to him at stages. It was almost like he was a semi-apologise for Morris, sounding almost sympathetic at times with him and pointing fingers at the EFL rather than looking squarely at the owner.

Maguire gave him short shrift about amortisation when he talked about that as well. Obviously the guy wants the best for Derby but it felt like he was trying to let Morris off the hook for this, and that just felt wrong.

He's clearly gambled to get up and failed, made staggering losses, sold the ground and leaves Derby on a precipice. All this whilst claiming to be a fan. Such a fan, yet won't stump up the £26m tax bill that needs to be paid by all accounts. Apparently he's not short of cash, he's not "run out" of money, he's just upped sticks and left them in the mire.

To be honest the way Maguire was going on it felt very bleak. Massive debts and no major asset as the ground isn't owned by them, and seemingly the company that owns the ground isn't going into admin either (as of that podcast anyway.) That's quite the challenge.

Sold it to himself, didn't he?  I'm pretty sure that's what I read on the rams forum.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Sold it to himself, didn't he?  I'm pretty sure that's what I read on the rams forum.

There was some talk on the podcast about whether the company that owned the ground would also go into admin.

It's owned by a company that is owned by a company that Morris does own, I seem to remember from it. I think originally noises were that it would, but now not so.

You'd think superfan Morris would do all he can to ensure if Derby is sold, the ground goes back to them for as little as possible, or for the best rental rate he can do...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

There was some talk on the podcast about whether the company that owned the ground would also go into admin.

It's owned by a company that is owned by a company that Morris does own, I seem to remember from it. I think originally noises were that it would, but now not so.

You'd think superfan Morris would do all he can to ensure if Derby is sold, the ground goes back to them for as little as possible, or for the best rental rate he can do...

Out of his own pocket potentially????? Unlikely but who knows?

6 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

It's owned by a company that is owned by a company that Morris does own, I seem to remember from it

Well that doesn’t sound in the least bit dubious…

I find myself torn between singing ‘There is a circus in the town’ and thinking ‘There but for the grace of god…’