Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

Time to pack it in Nigel. The game has passed you by. Younger coaches like Potter have innovative and progressive ideas. Nigel is a dinosaur Im afraid. What worked in the early 2010s for him doesn't work anymore and he hasn't adapted. 

• Like 1

Isn't nig still off unwell with covid? Bit harsh to comment on their form if so. 

I still think they should give him time, he always needed a bit of time to get things set. If it's still not looking great this time next year then that's up to them but he's only a good run away from the playoffs. Nothing to be getting upset about yet.

11 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

King is barely ever in the squad tbf. James has been ever present and has looked knackered the last couple of games. 

King and Simpson were ridiculous signings.  Nothing to offer at all. 

Pretty sure prior to his injury King was in a majority of matchday squads.

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Pretty sure prior to his injury King was in a majority of matchday squads.

You're correct. My mistake. Just shows what an impact he's had after the first couple of games, that when he has appeared I've kinda forgotten he's being playing. Been pretty invisible tbh

6 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

You're correct. My mistake. Just shows what an impact he's had after the first couple of games, that when he has appeared I've kinda forgotten he's being playing. Been pretty invisible tbh

Just had a look at his stats for the season 1 goal and 1 assist in 500 odd  minutes. Averaged out it's a goal involvement of 1 in 3 if you work it out per 90 minutes, not bad for an invisible player. Factor in last season their highest scoring midfielder only got 4 and the most assists was 3 and he's probably actually been an upgrade 

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Just had a look at his stats for the season 1 goal and 1 assist in 500 odd  minutes. Averaged out it's a goal involvement of 1 in 3 if you work it out per 90 minutes, not bad for an invisible player. Factor in last season their highest scoring midfielder only got 4 and the most assists was 3 and he's probably actually been an upgrade 

Yeah that was in his first 2 games.... Was a really positive start tbf. Invisible man since. 

I sadly have to agree re Nige. He hasn't been successful anywhere since leaving us bar an initial bounce at Watford. Even if he never manages again he can hold his head up high knowing that he played a big part in turning this club around. I for one will always be grateful to him. 

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I sadly have to agree re Nige. He hasn't been successful anywhere since leaving us bar an initial bounce at Watford. Even if he never manages again he can hold his head up high knowing that he played a big part in turning this club around. I for one will always be grateful to him. 

Presser has been called at Ashton Gate this evening which the CEO is taking. Imagine that's the end sadly for Big Nige or he's off on long term sick leave. 

Or could be total bollax. Lots of different rumours flying around locally. 

Edited by Brizzle Fox

5 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Shame he's gonna be one of those managers that is really successful at one club (and luckily it was us). But if he'd have stayed at Hull he'd have got them up.

Sad to see his illness influencing his current job and I do think he'll leave Bristol City because of it.

38 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Surprised to see Russell Martin linked with Norwich and Rangers gigs. His Swansea side have looked awful every time I've seen them.

Another former player appointment I'm guessing if he goes Norwich??