Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

Don't know whether to feel sorry for them or not.

At least their fans, the majority anyway, seem level-headed and don't come across as their club being entitled to something because of what their club has achieved in the past (like certain Forest fans).

Burton v Derby sounds like a decent derby.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Don't know whether to feel sorry for them or not.

At least their fans, the majority anyway, seem level-headed and don't come across as their club being entitled to something because of what their club has achieved in the past (like certain Forest fans).

Burton v Derby sounds like a decent derby.

I couldnt give a shit about either club but this is gives Derby the edge for me, their fans I have come across are fairly sound whereas Forest fans I've met have a level of arrogance about them and harp on about being the bigger club than Leicester and its Forest (not Derby) who seem to oddly bang the drum the most about Derby being rivals over us.... which isnt really 'big club' behaviour is it?

Edited by Nalis

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

I couldnt give a shit about either club but this is gives Derby the edge for me, their fans I have come across are fairly sound whereas Forest fans I've met have a level of arrogance about them and harp on about being the bigger club than Leicester and its Forest (not Derby) who seem to oddly bang the drum the most about Derby being rivals over us.... which isnt really 'big club' behaviour is it?

Always disliked Forest a lot more and every fan base has deluded fans but have to say I always thought Derby were worse for acting like they’re bigger than us, Forest and others, they have/had a banner in the stadium that says “The East Midlands will always be black and white” which I found to be a bit cringey, maybe it’s harsh because not everything that football fans say and do has to be taken literally but they just seem to carry a bit of a chip on their shoulder that they’re generally known for the 11 points where as us and Forest are known for more positive things and seen as bigger by most. 

Edited by Yes

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Personally I don't like the idea of teams getting relegated for non-footballing reasons but there doesn't seem to be any other option when they have gained an unfair financial advantage.  

I was talking to a Derby fan last night who was complaining that they should punish the owners, not the fans and club. 

Problem is they don't have jurisdiction over the people in charge. 

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I was talking to a Derby fan last night who was complaining that they should punish the owners, not the fans and club. 

It’s the owners that are punishing the fans, not the EFL. 

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Where does it stop though? West Ham fans have been banned for a European game yet all their fans planning to attend won't have been involved in the trouble that caused it.

Unfortunately, we're a collective (players, coaches, fans, officials, employees) and an innocent party will be hit by it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Becoming quite a regular thing now footballers collapsing whilst playing football.

Yeah, really weird, obviously it has happened in the past but since Erikesen in the summer there now seems to be more. I don't believe it's just because it's reported more either.