Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

40 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Nice one EFL, wish the Prem would be more strict. If you don't want to fulfil a fixture then you should be allowed to forfeit it. 

That is a huge amount of cases too and we're several weeks into this variant being the main one.

I think the leagues will come down harder on clubs now with outbreaks and tell them to get on with it more.

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Not good for Nige and Brizzle City. Given up a lead to be losing in the first half against Millwall

Yes thought I’d give the game a watch. 

Low on quality and surprisingly poor really. However pleased for NP, at least team fought back in the last 15 mins to nick it. 

37 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

They were far superior to Reading. Should have won that game comfortably. Can see Derby staying up which will be massive achievement with there massive points deficit.

Looked a very decent side

The transfer window could cause issues for them if new owners aren’t in place. The administrators may need to sell their best talent to keep things afloat.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

They were far superior to Reading. Should have won that game comfortably. Can see Derby staying up which will be massive achievement with there massive points deficit.

Looked a very decent side

Mental to think they're now 3 points behind Barnsley (albeit Barnsley have a game in hand) and 11 from safety. 

As I said earlier in the thread, they just draw to many as they've only lost 7. Next three games are all tasty.. Cov, Forest, Birmingham..

• Like 1

Fair play to Rooney he's done a brilliant job.  A lot of people predicted them to finish rock bottom (before the points deduction) I thought they would be ok, but they'd be pushing for play offs without the deduction, with the squad Rooney had at the start it's impressive how many points they've picked up.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Fair play to Rooney he's done a brilliant job.  A lot of people predicted them to finish rock bottom (before the points deduction) I thought they would be ok, but they'd be pushing for play offs without the deduction, with the squad Rooney had at the start it's impressive how many points they've picked up.

If, as probable, they do go down, they need the new owner to underwrite the wage bill for one season in L1. They would walk it 

As insane and crooked as Mandaric was, to the man's credit, he financed (albeit via loans) the L1 campaign for us and Oakley, Howard, Fryatt, Hobbs, Dyer, Berner, and loans for Davies, Cleverly, the GKs saw us through. He had no other choice though..It was either finance us or lose everything, a true shit or bust scenario. 

I know I’m preaching to the choir but just to process that claim:

Derby need to get enough points that would normally get them to the playoffs to stay up, and that would be a greater achievement than us winning the league when we did? Granted in November of the respective seasons, we were about 200/1 for the league and Derby were probably 500/1 to stay up, but it doesn’t change the stupidity of what he’s saying lol

Ian Holloway got Blackpool to the playoffs (and won them, of course) with an equally bad squad. Remember when we won the league at 5,000/1 and everyone was saying it was the biggest underdog story in sporting history, other than Blackpool getting promoted that one time? Basically the same lollollol

• Like 1