Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

5 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yes, same fond of Blackburn. If they could replace their rivals Burnley that'd work just fine!

Nah, keep them both in the league. Both decent away days and also another good derby added to the league.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Nah, keep them both in the league. Both decent away days and also another good derby added to the league.

Strongly disagree. Who actually wants Burnley to stay in the league other than Claret fans? How is it a good away day? Horrible shit place and the ground is nothing special once you've been.

• Like 1

What’s the latest thing with the EFL and Derby all about ?  

Does it come down to if Middlesbrough and Wycombe are successful in their legal action they would essentially be Football Creditors and have to be paid in full. The EFL want assurances the funds will be there from whoever takes over ? 

9 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Strongly disagree. Who actually wants Burnley to stay in the league other than Claret fans? How is it a good away day? Horrible shit place and the ground is nothing special once you've been.

I like going Burnley, it's fairly close and drinking in the cricket club (if the weather is good) is great. 

They were so good to us, twice, regarding Vichai's death. I've nothing against them.

Edited by Fox92

12 hours ago, Livid said:

What’s the latest thing with the EFL and Derby all about ?  

Does it come down to if Middlesbrough and Wycombe are successful in their legal action they would essentially be Football Creditors and have to be paid in full. The EFL want assurances the funds will be there from whoever takes over ? 

That’s blocking the sale. They could tell boro and Wycombe to drop those claims or be liable for sanction themselves. Or tell them that if they want to take this to court then do so. But it will not be a football debt and it will be entirely down to those clubs to prove their case legally with no help from the EFL.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I like going Burnley, it's fairly close and drinking in the cricket club (if the weather is good) is great. 

They were so good to us, twice, regarding Vichai's death. I've nothing against them.

I don't know, respect to them for having such a long stay in the PL being a small town, but their style of play rankles, they have overstayed their welcome IMO. Also, just not a fan of Dyche. Hope they drop at last this year (they won't, though).

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Middlesbrough's statement is pretty damning. I can see Derby going you know.

I don't think they'll fold, but I can see them losing all their assets and getting bought for a pittance. They'll drop down to League One at least, and probably L2 as they'll have no money to pay any decent players. 

Which is scandalous given the size of the club, the stadium and their support. Their ownership really has been awful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I don't think they'll fold, but I can see them losing all their assets and getting bought for a pittance. They'll drop down to League One at least, and probably L2 as they'll have no money to pay any decent players. 

Which is scandalous given the size of the club, the stadium and their support. Their ownership really has been awful.

The precedent is there though, and the EFL don't seem to give two shits about saving club's if they've been mismanaged by owners that they found "fit and proper".

14 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Fulham are on a goal-scoring rampage, at present.

I've never known anything like it. I recall Bournemouth scoring 4 and 5 a fair bit, under Howe when they won the title, but for a side to score 6 so often is unbelivable. Don't forget they beat Blackburn 7-0, and Huddersfield 5-1, as well and both of them are top 6 sides.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've never known anything like it. I recall Bournemouth scoring 4 and 5 a fair bit, under Howe when they won the title, but for a side to score 6 so often is unbelivable. Don't forget they beat Blackburn 7-0, and Huddersfield 5-1, as well and both of them are top 6 sides.

In the last few months they've won 7-0 away from home (twice!), and have just had successive 6-2 home wins.

Fabio Carvalho is a star in the making.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Koke said:

When will Birmingham flush down L1? Multiple seasons in a row in a relegation battle. 

I think they've been lucky over years that clubs below have been crappier. 2013-14 season they should have gone down. 0-2 down at half time to Bolton, they were practically gone. Just lucky they managed to get two goals back and donny failed to get anything at Leicester. 16-17 I think they lost on the final day to Bristol city but stayed up as the other results went there way.

Edited by Leicesterpool

On 17/01/2022 at 08:13, Fox92 said:

Yeah, I prefer Burnley away to Watford or Norwich. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Did they just pick three teams out of a hat to link him with?

Leeds & Wolves local papers also picking up on him & asking if their respective teams should be looking at him, we just need to hear from Everton & Newcastle then i'm sure we'll be linked

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

Reading were about the closest example I can remember when they went up under Steve Coppell. They scored loads and still have the points record I think. 

106 points, Man City managed 108 goals in 2001/02. Fulham won't get near the points record (have to win 18 out of 20) but should sail past the goals record.

• Like 1