Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

Barnsley 0-1 Cardiff

Huddersfield 2-0 Derby

Cardiff winning puts them increasingly clear of the drop zone. Surely going to be Barnsley, Derby and then either Peterborough or Reading to go, neither of whom can buy a win at the moment. 

3 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Tells you all you need to know about the bloke. Managed both Newcastle and Sunderland yet claims to be a Newcastle fan. Managed Villa, Blues and West Brom. Don’t forget both Sheffield Clubs too, the man is shameless. 

Probably just needed a job tbf 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Corky said:

Aston Villa, Birmingham, WBA.

Only Wolves to go. Only fair he's allowed to complete the set at some point.

He came very close after we sacked Mick McCarthy. Our owner at the time Steve Morgan offered him the job  before changing his mind at the last minute. Mostly due to supporter pressure I think. 

Edited by The Bear

I find it bizarre that Steve Bruce was a commanding centre-half that captained a successful Manchester United side and was very much respected as a player, yet as a manager he absolutely loves playing the victim card and has conducted himself appallingly on several occasions. 

34 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

I’m flabbergasted how Blackburn Rovers are 2nd in the championship, the quality of the league is really poor this season 

They have a pretty good team and Mowbray has been there for a while now. Allowing him to build something and having that consistency has probably helped.

39 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

I’m flabbergasted how Blackburn Rovers are 2nd in the championship, the quality of the league is really poor this season 

I want Blackburn to come up but over the course of the season I cannot see past Fulham and Bournemouth finishing top 2. Outside of those two the league is not as good as previous season's. Still tight though.

But on Blackburn, Mowbray has done a superb job considering he took them over during their relegation to League 1. Not spent as much as others either over his time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

They have a pretty good team and Mowbray has been there for a while now. Allowing him to build something and having that consistency has probably helped.

Struggled against a poor 10 man Swansea, they didn’t look great, that was my point there 2nd in a poor championship 

6 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Struggled against a poor 10 man Swansea, they didn’t look great, that was my point there 2nd in a poor championship 

I think you're doing Blackburn a disservice in general, they've looked great at times this season with a young squad and to be up there above teams with bigger budgets is decent.