Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

56 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Very, I still think with readings win derby are going to find it hard to beat the drop 

Reading manager left after the game.

Apparently Ince has taken over.

Edited by Fox92

14 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

My second club is Nigel Pearson. Feuding with his chairmen. Galvanising fans. Getting rid of deadwood. 

Love him. Created a new position today as well, the front sweeper.

Always innovating.

Also we need to buy Antoine Sememyo in the summer. Reminds me of when Heskey came on the scene. Pace, power and totally unpredictable. Love him. 

Note of caution I am quite drunk, so scouting advice may not be the best... 

Edited by Brizzle Fox
Poor use of words

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

My second club is Nigel Pearson. Feuding with his chairmen. Galvanising fans. Getting rid of deadwood. 

Saw a great interview with Wilder about Pearson too in the build up.

Wilder said they live "about 500 yards" from each other. Bet that's a great get together if they were to have a few pints lol 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Love him. Created a new position today as well, the front sweeper.

Always innovating.

Also we need to buy Antoine Sememyo in the summer. Reminds me of when Heskey came on the scene. Pace, power but thick as shit. Love him. 

Note of caution I am quite drunk, so scouting advice may not be the best... 

interesting that big Nige has got the Bristol fans on his side. Normally a sign of good things to come. 

12 hours ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Yea I have never got  the “it would be a miracle if derby beat the drop” why??? They would still end up in the bottom half of the championship without the deducted points!!! What is a miracle about finishing 12th in the championship??

I mean it's not a miracle and was always achievable with how poor some of the other sides down there have been. But it would still be a pretty big achievement, their summer window highlights how much trouble they were in.

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

interesting that big Nige has got the Bristol fans on his side. Normally a sign of good things to come. 

I wouldn't say he's got them totally on side yet, however I think there is a genuine appreciation of just how his hands are tied financially and the faith he is putting in the kids. It also helps that finally they are winning games at home and playing some entertaining stuff, which has not been the case for a long tlme. 

Just need to sort the away form out and stop letting in ridiculous late goals now. 

36 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I wouldn't say he's got them totally on side yet, however I think there is a genuine appreciation of just how his hands are tied financially and the faith he is putting in the kids. It also helps that finally they are winning games at home and playing some entertaining stuff, which has not been the case for a long tlme. 

Just need to sort the away form out and stop letting in ridiculous late goals now. 

I wonder where they would be in the league if they hadn’t conceded any stoppage time goals. Really hope it works for him there, seems to be doing as expected at the minute. 

On 20/02/2022 at 08:24, Unabomber said:

I wonder where they would be in the league if they hadn’t conceded any stoppage time goals. Really hope it works for him there, seems to be doing as expected at the minute. 

At least they didn't concede in stoppage time today. 89th minute for a change! 

On a seperate note the Cov fans were superb. Numbers, never stopped singing, varied song book. Fair play. A club who feel very much together and on the up. 

24 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

On a seperate note the Cov fans were superb. Numbers, never stopped singing, varied song book. Fair play. A club who feel very much together and on the up. 

Watched it tonight can’t believe that. Bristol City were way better. They should’ve just fouled the guy running through for the goal. 

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Watched it tonight can’t believe that. Bristol City were way better. They should’ve just fouled the guy running through for the goal. 

It's a familiar story. In some ways it feels quite reminiscent of our 2014/15 season under Pearson (well up until the great escape part of it). Play OK but somehow contrive to chuck away game after game. 

39 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Pains me but you can’t knock Cov’s away support at all.

37 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Feel like that’s a massive win for them as well in terms of how the season could play out. Puts them 4 points off 3rd place Blackburn and 2 off a play off spot. Massive end to the season for the play off places for so many clubs as usual in that league. 

35 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Feel like that’s a massive win for them as well in terms of how the season could play out. Puts them 4 points off 3rd place Blackburn and 2 off a play off spot. Massive end to the season for the play off places for so many clubs as usual in that league. 

You really cannot understate what a phenomenal job Robins is doing there. Surprised he's not been linked more with bigger jobs