Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2021/2022

9 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Sad for Derby but let’s not forget the real victims in all this…

Forest robbed of their only of silverware hopes.

Relegation doesn't affect the Brian Clough Trophy, does it?

Theres a circus in the town, in the town... 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Hard to type out phonetically how I've heard it lol

But just going by how most commentators have said it, including the one yesterday at the game. 

I hear you. Just cause most British commentators have agreed on a pronunciation doesn’t mean it’s right though. 

There once seemed to be unanimous agreement that the former Arsenal keeper was called ‘shez-nee’ when it should be pronounced more like ‘shchenz-ni’ for example. 

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Derby fans will have a brilliant time in League 1.  It's a great league to be in...for one season.

Plenty of bravado from Derby fans about the future being bright. I think they could be in for a rude awakening when their talented youngsters come up against some of the established League 1 players. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Plenty of bravado from Derby fans about the future being bright. I think they could be in for a rude awakening when their talented youngsters come up against some of the established League 1 players. 

If they sort out the mess behind the scenes and manage to keep hold of players and staff I think they'll actually benefit from it and come back well like we did. You're making out they are chucking in a load of 16 year olds with no game time, when most of them have a fair bit of experience.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think League 1 is a lot more competitive than when we were there though. You've got Sunderland, Ipswich and Wednesday. Then another rung of Barnsley, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Bolton and Charlton. That's before traditionally well supported clubs Oxford and Lincoln. 

When you look at the year we were there, you'd have Huddersfield as the third biggest club and Millwall as the fourth. Brighton were still farting around at the Withdean. 17 of the teams we faced are now below League 1. Incredibly, 11 of that season will have played in non-league by the time 22/23 season kicks off.  

When we were in it from 96-98 we played and lost or grimly drew to  teams such as   Bury  (who got promoted at the Vic ) York , Wrexham , Stockport, Walsall , Crewe (very good team at the time though - Savage , Murphy, Lennon in midfield I think  ) , Grimsby , Chesterfield and Notts County.

And some of our fans think it’s bad now !

Mind you won at Luton 4-0 and a league title at Fulham so certainly had some fun too.

All about how soon this take over happens in terms who they keep and get in but Derby will be another big name to target so be lots of pressure .

And others haven’t coped with that .

Edited by Super_horns

35 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think League 1 is a lot more competitive than when we were there though. You've got Sunderland, Ipswich and Wednesday. Then another rung of Barnsley, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Bolton and Charlton. That's before traditionally well supported clubs Oxford and Lincoln. 

When you look at the year we were there, you'd have Huddersfield as the third biggest club and Millwall as the fourth. Brighton were still farting around at the Withdean. 17 of the teams we faced are now below League 1. Incredibly, 11 of that season will have played in non-league by the time 22/23 season kicks off.  

Yeah, the only other club who could command 20k plus crowds was Leeds. Next year that division could have four plus possibly Charlton, Portsmouth not far behind too.

It won't be straightforward to win promotion.

41 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Also remember this Derby side aren't going down based on how they've performed on the pitch, so they are theoretically performing at a higher standard. They also aren't going down with that negative vibe of having played poorly over a season, in fact the fans seem fully onside with Rooney and the players. All obviously depends on how quickly they resolve the s***show behind the scenes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Mitrovic again!!

And repeat. Carvalho with one in-between.

40 goals for Mitro this season. That's some going.

Not sure this match will do much for Iversen's confidence :unsure:

Edited by FoyleFox

3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If they sort out the mess behind the scenes and manage to keep hold of players and staff I think they'll actually benefit from it and come back well like we did. You're making out they are chucking in a load of 16 year olds with no game time, when most of them have a fair bit of experience.

The bigger problem is they have a squad of very old or very young players and most of them are out of contract. Should the ownership issue not be resolved, then they could lose so many players. Would Rooney honestly want to carry on then? These are big weeks for the future of Derby County